Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I'm in such a weird place myself. It's hard for me right now. I want to pitch the biggest fit, but I know that it won't be productive. I know that I need to be supportive of our rabbits, but right not I don't want to hear about their successes. I know I'm being petty and small, but I guess I'll have to be petty and small for a while.

I think we need a Turtle Role call. I'll start a new thread. I miss live2canoe and candy, where are you two?

Hi Vines!!!

I miss you guys, too. I have this new job, and while it is an awesome job, it requires that I travel A TON. I'm gone most onf every week. I don't get a chance to get online when I'm 'in the field'.

Thanks for thinking of me.

I am SO happy to hear that you have found a doctor who is taking you seriously and that you are feeling better with the thyroid meds. I love what Sarah said - obviously, no matter what the tests said, your thyroid levels weren't right for YOU!

I'm home this week! So I'll be able to participate more often. Then I'm gone for two weeks straight.

Please keep the 'Slow Loser' thread alive in my absence, even though you may not be one for too much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the place I've been looking for. This is my first post, :) so if I get something wrong, help me out. I'm seeking support or just to know I'm not the only one who hasn't lost 50+ pounds in nearly a year. At first, the weight loss was fantastic, but now I've been stuck at this point since June and am trying to get re-motivated to do the right things. I make poor choices and exercise sucks.:) I was banded 2/27/05.

Thanks!

Linda

Well, I finally had a look at this thread. I hope I can get kicked out after my next fill (number 3) but since October ( I don't bother with stats in siggy because it's pathetic) I actually gained a couple of pounds. Recently, I managed to lose them again, but at this rate my actual lose since "day of" is a big zero. Boo hoo, for me. :( I am keeping my head up, but I just don't have this thing figured out. I get frustrated seeing that this far in most folks are doing great. I am happy for them, but *sigh* In due time.... I must hope anyway.

ok it;s been a long long time since i've posted. i've been so disgusted with my band. I had to have my port turned around twice i've had only one real fill and that was about 7 months ago. I had surgery 12-2-04 and have only lost 37lbs. I am very disappointed.

Fran

at this rate my actual lose since "day of" is a big zero. I get frustrated seeing that this far in most folks are doing great.

Well, if it helps, you are normal in my book. I was banded two weeks after you, and haven't even made -10 lbs yet. I admit that occasionally I feel petty and mean about how great others are doing. We just have to keep our heads up and keep going until we get the right fill.

I want to join, too! I haven't been posting or reading in a while--too tired and a little discouraged, but maybe this is just what I need.

I was banded in July and have lost 40 lbs since surgery, 52 from my highest weight.

Colleen

I think we need a Turtle Role call. I'll start a new thread. I miss live2canoe and candy, where are you two?

Oh VINES! I've missed you too - I've been thinking of you even though I stopped spending so much time on LBT. I'll be honest, I was getting so so so so discouraged with no weight loss that spending all my time on LBT was starting to thoroughly frustrate me. I'm glad I came back today because I was just thinking I finally had something to post.

1st off - I've been doing my Curves workout 3 times a week sometimes if I can manage I squeeze in 4. I've done 7 workouts total and get this - for the first time in a very very long time I feel something shifting deep within me. It is affecting every part of me - very slowly but surely. I feel like I'm beginning to wake up - I can't really explain it, but its not going un-noticed.

My mom told me I was looking good the other day and really cute in my workout outfit - my friend at work said it looked like I'd lost a little weight - and the other night when Jon and I were making love he stopped to tell me that although its only been a short time, he was very proud of me for going to the gym and he could tell its making a difference. He said I was looking really good and soon I'd be even more beautiful than I already am and he was so happy I am all his. This coming from a man who rarely compliments anything. I have to say the sex has been increasingly better, more intense and it has to do with what is going on inside of me. I don't see the physical changes because they are so slight, and the scales haven't moved yet, but I am feeling the power within me that I had lost long ago. I had forgotten what strength I have in myself.

What I feel is.....................MY journey has finally just begun.

How great for you! A change within yourself is way better than an outward change, although with that change, I'm sure the outward will come along.

Congrats to you on your committment to exercise! That is where I need to get serious. I injured my back a few months ago and got the go ahead to start this week. There is a Curves right down the block, but I hate that financial contract. I need to get this body moving!

It sounds to me like it won't be long before you are booted out of our little group! :)

Colleen

:rant:Warning: Rant in Progress! :frusty:

Here are my stats:

16 1/2 weeks or 107 days since banding.

Lost 10lbs 1st week, gained 10lbs over next 5 weeks

Lost 2 lbs. weeks 6-8, lost 8lbs. more weeks 8-13, gained 3 in weeks 14-15. Stagnant since that point. :mad2:

Restriction? :mad: Marginal, if first bite blues count. Have always been able to 2-3 cups of food at a sitting, even right after surgery. :embarassed:

Fills? :mmph: The 5th one is Tuesday. :sad: I've got 2.2cc in a 4cc band.

:Cry: And I'm tired of it. I am so ready to give up on this program as just another stupid scheme I got suckered into and threw money away on. :doh: Yes, I am fully aware that some of you out there have it much worse than I do. But I'm so frustrated and depressed I want to scream! :help: I spent yesterday researching DS. I don't want to rearrange my insides, but hell, if I am going to do it, might as well do it right! :crazy: I can't can't can't stay this heavy. My family doesn't understand why I'm not losing weight, they look at me as though I am some sort of freak. :tape2: My Mom actually asked me if I thought I should have had RNY like my cousin did because at least she is losing! :target: My Doc suggests patience. Sorry, I'm fresh out!:angry

Has anyone else had a really slow start and then gone on to be sucessful at getting to goal? Or should I start the insurance process over again for DS? Help! :pout:

BTW, thanks for letting me vent to you guys. My poor skinny DH would think it was time to commit me if he heard all the ick that has been going through my head.

Kryssa, I bumped a thread by MuffinBirdie...look for it on the new posts list. I couldn't figure out how to copy/paste the link to the thread. Anyhow, she lost virtually nothing at first and is now at 125 from 250. Check her out for inspiration! Hang on, you aren't out of the gate yet...getting there...give it a sec. ((((hugs))))

This sounds like a good place to rag about the 1.5 pounds that refuse to go away. They are keeping me from joining the "I Lost 80 Pounds" club. Bastards.

Kryssa, and everyone else in the slow loosers club,

No you are not the only slowest looser here. I was banded on Nov 22nd 2005. I've lost only 20 pounds and thats pre op, post op and after first fill. I go Feb 16th for my 2nd and am going to insist on

MORE restriction. I don't know what to ask for, because it seems that a lot of bandsters here have the 4cc band and I have the 9.5cc band with a 4cc fill. I am able to eat 1 & 1/2 cup of food at a time and the docs say no more than 3/4 cup. The "full" feeling only lasts about an hour and then I'm hungry again.:hungry:

I did join Weight Watchers today to have some accountability of having to get on the scale once a week. Otherwise I'd never get on the scale at home. I HATE THE SCALE! :funscale:

I actually thought I had lost some more weight when I went to weigh in and nope....status quoe.....:phanvan

Well better luck this next week, we'll see I guess.

Maybe need to mix it up a bit and take the dog for a walk, yannow?

Get off my butt and move!:banana

Take care,

Schel

P.S. I just love these little smiles we can use!

Again, I'm suggesting that all Turtles go in for metabolic testing. It doesn't make sense that we drastically cut our caloric intake, yet loose nothing.

Make an apointment and demand answers.

One other thing... It occurs to me that our Turtle-ness is quite possibly a symptom of some other medical condition.

I would hate for a bandster to convert to a malabortive technique only to discover that if their condition was treatable, and with treatment they will lose weight.