Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Hey Celest! we, better than anyone, can appricate the pain of not losing. Sorry it's been such a hard go for you.

At my current rate of loss, I will weigh 180 pounds in 2010. That's being optimistic at 18 pounds a year. Since April I've averaged a loss of 1.5 pounds a month, not a week.

I was just re-reading this thread. In the fourteen weeks since I was rejected, I have lost 5 pounds. That must be why I'm so bummed out.

Wait a sec Celeste, you have been banded for 32 weeks, and you have lost 23 pounds since banding? Doesn't that qualify you? You should re-submit your application!

Hi Brenda. Well, he's baffled and has no freaking clue. The fine folks at my clinic are baffled and frankly mystified as well. The only folks that they see who don't lose weight are non-compliant ones that need extra head work, and not someone like me.

The next step is to find an Endocrinologist, I think I'll try to find one in SE ID and not wait until I get back home for Spring Break.

Even though all my thyroid tests came back "normal" as in smack dab in the middle of the expeced range, he put me on thyroid meds to see if we can jump start my loss that way. I've been on them a week, and will weigh myself tomorrow to see if there has been any loss in a month.

Girl, I have to say I certainly admire your perseverance!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! You just keep on getting there! You are going to have to share your motivational tips with me!

Guest annette b

Hi

would you like to have a private chat

Feel free to PM me any time!

Brenda, copy the BBcode, the top option for getting the ticker in your signature.

And as for what keeps me motivated, well, it's my NSV list. Some days it is the only thing that keeps going. Right now, I've been reviewing it, remembering where I was last year, now sick I was, and how .... debilitated I was. I am amazed that have progressed so far, with so little scale victories.

I'm depressed right now, because after getting my unfill, getting to the place where I can eat a massive 1200 calories a day, I've gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I spent about 30 minutes crying, and I'm sure I'll cry again.

Crystal,

I live your new avatar as well!!

I don't know what to tell you about the lbs... prolly Water some how but I'm sure that doesn't help much. I know they'll get you all figured out, it's just going to take some time (which I know you hate). Let us know if we can do something to cheer you up!

Guest Suzie72

Hi! I am new to this site. I had my surgery 10 weeks ago today. It is a slow process. I had a fill 6 weeks after my surgery. He gave me 3 cc's. It did not make any difference. I still have no restriction. I have only lost 4 lbs. I am soo frusterated I could just cry. Any advice??

ok lets try again...i want to participate in this challenge. Its jan 6 and its 1009 am PST man how lucky am i to have found this contest and get to enter right before the deadline. my starting weight this morning was 264...wait that means i actually gained 3 pounds from last weigh in...damn you AUNT FLO!!! Best of luck to all of you!!!

I will have to think of a cool prize to add into the basket for the winner, on the off chance it is not me... lol

And she is off and running!!!

ok lets try again...i want to participate in this challenge. Its jan 6 and its 1009 am PST man how lucky am i to have found this contest and get to enter right before the deadline. my starting weight this morning was 264...wait that means i actually gained 3 pounds from last weigh in...damn you AUNT FLO!!! Best of luck to all of you!!!

I will have to think of a cool prize to add into the basket for the winner, on the off chance it is not me... lol

And she is off and running!!!

Hey Tina...sounds like this post should be on Delarlas Challenge with Prizes thread? Right? Take a look and make sure. Hurry up and re-post...don't miss out on the fun!

Hi! I am new to this site. I had my surgery 10 weeks ago today. It is a slow process. I had a fill 6 weeks after my surgery. He gave me 3 cc's. It did not make any difference. I still have no restriction. I have only lost 4 lbs. I am soo frusterated I could just cry. Any advice??

Welcome Suzie! Do you have a VG band? Sounds like you might, and if that's the case, you may need another fill or two before you start to feel the right restriction. Hang in there. Stay on top of things with your doc. Make sure they know what's going on. You are still early in the game so don't let a slow start discourage you. You can do this! You will! Make good food choices, exercise, get that next fill. Also, look for threads with info about VG bands...it's a very good band but tends to need more fills for good restriction. Please don't cry! Don't give up hope! We are here for you! And PM me if you want help finding info on LBT about VG bands, okay?