Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Aw, Carrie and Lovecats, I been rootin' for ya but Smooch has some good points. VQ and Kim are the final say-so-ers so I'll have to go with them. However, just let me state the case for lovecats, she is down 17 pounds, but lost that within the first 2 weeks, so that's zero weight loss in 8 weeks. That's a pretty pitiful plateau.

I haven't run any numbers on Carrie. I will support our fearless leaders in whatever decisions they make in the best interest of the Slow Losers Club. :)

Okay, Carrie has been a Turtle since October, and this is not a new application. She pulled a Rabbit on us, (YAY CARRIE!) but this doesn't mean that her membership will or can be revoked.

As for lovescats, I think we need to have a break down of her weight, I know that when I was at her stage I wouldn't have qualified as a turtle either.

Part of me thinks that the loss of the first few weeks should be disreguarded in respect for membership into the Turtle Tribe. I lost most of my inital weight right after my surgery, and it was all Water.

I suspect that lovecats will indeed qualify for Turtle status. Sorry about that. I lost more in my first 10 weeks than she has.

Please let me join the club! I am about to rip my hair out and I need this club!!! I think some of that 17 lbs may have come off in the one week pre-op liquid diet so I think I meet the criteria and I need support!

Okay, I'm not permitted to check whether people qualify or not. March 29, a week after my banding, I weighed 250, and today I weigh 238. That's 12 pounds.

I've worked my ass of for 12 pounds. What is the point?

OK I think lovecats has earned membership - welcome to our club!! :)

I know VINES - here I sit at 13lb loss - but keep losing and gaining the same 3-4lbs so most days I'm only at a 10lb loss after 6 months - BOO HOO! I ordered a cardio striptease video to hopefully boost something or do something! This sucks and being the holidays I want to indulge and honestly I'm PMS'ing and ate an entire hot fudge sundae tonight! I haven't had anything else yet since I figured I blew my entire calorie count for the day on it besides some yogurt I had for Breakfast. Now I'm feeling a little guilty about the sundae.................I did eat the whole thing. And now I'm looking at my mini-goal was to lose 7lbs before my birthday jan 10, but I don't know if that's going to happen - I really thought a short mini-goal would boost my moral.

Crystal, hang in there. I'm not convinced it's "over" yet. Something is contributing to this and it's not your fault...perhaps the thyroid, I dunno. Just hang on, we are here for you, okay? When do you see your doc? Isn't it tomorrow? Wasn't it today? Argh! Update as soon as you know something.

Okay Crazy Goldfish Pond Lady...we'll wait for the officail word from Live2Canoe, but jump on in here. The water's FINE!!!!! Glad to have you!!!! And start your NSV thread, ya hear?

editing:

VQ, I just read on another thread you see your doc next week. So, that patience virtue of yours is coming in handy now. (((hugs)))

I'm PMS'ing and ate an entire hot fudge sundae tonight!
Okay, let's put that into some perspecitve.

You ate one hot fudge sundae, not a carton of ice cream. Before banding would you have been satisfied with one sundae or would you have been compeled to have the more, more, MORE????

Most of the other members of the Turtle Tribe have their NSV list here in the support forum. Just create a new thread, and start listing your NSVs! Yay

ok, glad I'm not kicked out...even though I am doing some rabbiting. what's in the middle of a turtle and a rabbit? I love everyone here and you guys are doing great. Yes, for some people I think there is way more going on here...there definitely should be more weight loss, VQ. And doctors are sometimes incompetent, or as we say, on crack. There just has to be more to it, because it makes no sense. Maybe I am like a faster swimming turtle, and there are box turtles, and tortoises...?

I will just read your turtle posts until I have stopped rabbiting and am ready to be a member in good standing again.

Aherm, miss sea turtle, you will not be a member in good standing AGAIN because you have never not been!!!!

You will have to post more often here, not less!

AND DON'T YOU DARE STOP RABBITING!!!!!