Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Can someone help how do I put a picture on my profile?

Can someone help how do I put a picture on my profile?

I had my surgery on July 1st 2011 and have only lost 37lbs. My doctor is not very good in giving me fills so I've decided to join WW to help with tracking my food intake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the WW thread! WW is great, I have been loving the extra accountability it has given me. When you say your doc is not good at fills, what do you mean exactly? You have a band and it's a great tool when it's filled like it should be. I am lucky to have found my sweet spot with my band now, it's not impossible to find the right amount of fill thats right for you. How about changing your doc?

I had my surgery on July 1st 2011 and have only lost 37lbs. My doctor is not very good in giving me fills so I've decided to join WW to help with tracking my food intake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nancy, I'm in the same boat too, banded June 2011 only lost 44 lbs .~(

I'm so excited I found this thread!! I joined WW this past Monday for the hundredth time with a non banded friend from my gym. Im loving the app on my phone and the free fruit and veggies. My friend and I text during the day to support each other and while the week has gone well I dont think mine was any easier or better than hers being non banded.

I was banded Sept 26th 2011 and really haven't lost anything :( up and down and pre surgery diet still makes me 40 lbs lighter than last year tho. I have 9cc in an 11cc band and while I have some restriction I still have not found my "sweet spot" and I'm beginning to think its a unicorn. I would love to hear from people that have reached proper restriction. I'm hoping at some point this gets easier. I ate an entire eggplant today. Better than a box of cheezits but comeon shouldn't I feel full after a half portion of an XL vegetable?!?

restriction is different for everyone but the lap band is not just about restriction. you could be in the green zone and still eat a box of cheeze its or an entire xl portion of a vegetable depending on how you eat it. if you chew chew chew and take your time then you can eat just about anything you want. and cheeze its and cooked vegetables always go down easier than meat or bread. you have to learn to utilize your restriction through proper eating and the techniques you were taught. you should not chew chew chew tiny tiny bites because this just allows you to eat more. you should not eat for more than 20 - 30 minutes, my surgeon says 20 minutes. if you are taking longer than 20 minutes to eat, you are out eating your band. you should choose foods that are more satisfying and stick with you longer like lean meats and things that will fill up your pouch. cheeze its and chips, ice creams and soggy foods go right down and restriction is no longer a tool when eating that stuff. i have great restriction but sometimes I dont use it the way i should. I know that i can eat an entire salad with dressing on it because it slides down but i also know that a half of piece of chicken will fill me up and my pouch will restrict the portion size unless i eat slider foods with it. i also know that if i drink when i eat i can eat more which again takes away from what my restriction is suppose to do. if i dont wait 30 minutes after i eat to drink liquids or drink with my meals im hungry way sooner than i would be if i dont drink. so get your rules out and follow them to see if you have true restriction. good luck to you.

before you buy a new pair of Shape Ups, look in the second hand stores. some people cant wear them as they hurt some peoples feet. i found an almost brand new pair at Goodwill last week for $13.99 ! They are my 5th pair, i love mine and find them very comfy as i work on cement floors every day. Good luck !

Hi everyone, I am so happy that this thread is here. I joined WW on this past Saturday. I think this is the 4th time for me, but the 1st time since being banded. I think that I need the accountability of weighing in every week as well as the weekly support meetings to keep me focused on this goal. I was banded last summer and to date, have only lost 12lbs. I need to gain control of this. Glad to be a part of this support group and I look forward to reading the posts from people in the same situation. Have a great day!

Nancy & Terri,

Hey! You have lost weight! Dont say "Oh I only lost __ pounds" say "I lost __ pounds! Whoo Hooo and I am proud of myself!" The glass has to be half full, I know it's hard at times. I have done a lot of sitting on my pitty potty. But today is a new day and you can do it.

I did not loose fast. I have been banded 2 years and 5 months now and I am still on the journey. Without my band I would have gained all my weight back by now and then some. I love my band! It keeps me sane when I want to binge I CANT!

I can do it, this week I will have a good food week, I will not diet. I will eat to live not live to eat. I will work out so my heart is healthy for myself and my family! I am so lucky, I love my life....this is going to be a good week.

Oh and PS... I weighed in at ww last Saturday and I lost 2 pounds! Yahooo for me :)

Can we start posting what we eat again? I found that so helpfull....here is my yesterday....

Breakfast: Chobanni no fat greek yogurt & 1/2 cup raw oatmeal

Lunch: 7oz lean pork

Elliptical ... 1 hour 4.65 miles / 715 cal

Snack: 30g Protein Shake

Dinner: Cup whole wheat Pasta & home made Tomato and red bell pepper sauce

Snack: apple

Desert: healthy choice fudge bar

28 points (I get 29 a day)

Bootcamp 700 cal burn

Breakfast Protein Shake with banana

lunch chicken sandwich wrap and cooked cauliflower

dinner mushroom cooked with spaghetti sauce and quarter cup mozzarella. Really good I counted as 3 points. and a weight watchers smoothie 7 points for dinner

Snacks chobani

2 mini babybel and a pear

Fiber One Bar

Ended day with 4 left I think? I have 34 points every day.

I should have said dinner was a portabella mushroom baked with the stuff on top like a mushroom pizza

My weigh in is tomorrow. GULP!

Today I have had...

Breakfast: coffee & no fat milk, yogurt & 1/2 cup Kashi Go lean Cereal

Snack: (AKA lunch maybe) 1/2 a banana & cup of watermelon

Dinner: TBA I think hubbie and I will pick up some take out