Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Hello! I wanted to start up a ongoing support thread for all of us who are actively seeking the extra help from either regular Weight Watchers or most especially Weight Watchers Online.

I do not have the money to fork over for extra fees to attend the WW meetings etc. I also am not sure how many banded folks there are on their message board. I thought this would be a good place to hang out, discuss how well or not well we are staying within our points system, our extra activities and whatnot.

We can share ideas or new recipes, or just anything related to Weight Watchers... and even keep each other accountable.

Help me, I need support!!

hi lilmissdiva i would be interested in doing it with you. i did attend a ww meeting with my friend and in my opion they are not band friendly at all. so i said i was gonna do it on my own. i think it will be fun as im trying to drop 20lbs by the time i go on my trip to the bahamas.

Hello! I wanted to start up a ongoing support thread for all of us who are actively seeking the extra help from either regular Weight Watchers or most especially Weight Watchers Online.

I do not have the money to fork over for extra fees to attend the WW meetings etc. I also am not sure how many banded folks there are on their message board. I thought this would be a good place to hang out, discuss how well or not well we are staying within our points system, our extra activities and whatnot.

We can share ideas or new recipes, or just anything related to Weight Watchers... and even keep each other accountable.

Help me, I need support!!

hi lilmissdiva i would be interested in doing it with you. i did attend a ww meeting with my friend and in my opion they are not band friendly at all. so i said i was gonna do it on my own. i think it will be fun as im trying to drop 20lbs by the time i go on my trip to the bahamas.

That is fantastic, and welcome! I was just thinking this morning how wonderfully this system works with our bands. It's like they go together like peas and carrots!

Are you online too? I think this plan is so well thought out and organized - it's like my new best friend! It keeps tabs on everything I'm doing without alot of fuss and guesswork. I've tried The Daily Plate and a few others before, but for some reason it just seemed like too much work, IMO.

Good luck on dropping that 20 Lbs. before your trip!! I know you can do it, just stick to the plan to a T! I bet you'd get more help if you just use your points without using the extras, at least until you hit your target. Get there first and deal with the rest later. :) Just an idea! Who knows how low you can go?

Anyway, just glad you can join me in this fight. Every single day is a challenge - but if we continue the battle we will win!

I'm in too!!! I love ww...always lost weight, just could never keep it off (reason for the band). I count points, didnt care for the core plan. My question is....i noticed alot of banders eat around 1000 to 1200 calories a day. So, with that being said...how many calories are you guys eating?

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

POINTS® Tracker entries

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 Morning

2 slice(s) Cooked ham, Water added, 96% fat free 1.5

1 item(s) Canadian bacon, egg white and cheese on a honey wheat muffin 5

1 serving(s) banana Small 1

1 serving(s) Protein shake 2

Subtotal 9.5

Midday

1 serving(s) EATING RIGHT: Five-Grain Beef & Vegetables 5

1 medium orange(s) 1

Subtotal 6

Evening

1 serving(s) Roman Meal Wheat bread Slice 1

1 tsp whipped salted butter 0.5

1 Pork Stew 6

Subtotal 7.5

Anytime

1/2 cup(s) strawberries 0

Raisin Bran Crunch Bowl of Cereal 7

Subtotal 7

food POINTS values total used 30

Food POINTS values remaining 1

Activity

45 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface) 4

20 min Elliptical trainer (cross trainer) 4

Activity POINTS values earned 8

Check off these important items daily:

liquids

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Milk & Milk Products

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Activity

checkbox_checked.gif

Lean Protein

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Notes

Wow my first day!! I"m so jazzed about this - and why didn't I do this before? Afraid of failure I guess, but this with my lap-band will equal success!!!!!!

dots_537.gif

© 2009 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2009 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

WEIGHT WATCHERS and POINTS are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.

Print_Journal.aspx%3FMode%3DD%26date%3D04-Aug-09&s=1024x768&c=32&j=1.3&v=Y&k=Y&bw=1024&bh=502&ct=lan&hp=N&[AQE]

Edited by LilMissDiva

I'm in too!!! I love ww...always lost weight, just could never keep it off (reason for the band). I count points, didnt care for the core plan. My question is....i noticed alot of banders eat around 1000 to 1200 calories a day. So, with that being said...how many calories are you guys eating?

I personally have never been good at counting calories. I honestly have no idea how many I eat per day. I think I'm in love with this points system. I was not hungry much yesterday and still stayed in my points. :)

BTW absolutely welcome!

thanks for the welcome!!! i think we will all be very successfull. :tongue2: so, since you dont count calories....how many pts are you eating a day?

thanks for the welcome!!! i think we will all be very successfull. :tongue2: so, since you dont count calories....how many pts are you eating a day?

Well yesterday was my very first day. I was allowed 31 and I ate 30. I did good! I didn't even use them all. :) I workout alot so I'll be racking up bonus points. I doubt I'll ever go over as long as I'm eating the right foods.

I'm just so jazzed I found something that will track all this stuff for me in one easy spot without having to do much research. Even Water, dairy, grains etc. It's making sure I'm getting a balanced diet every day and I really needed that. I did this for my health, not just to get skinny and look good. My health is so important to me!!

:tt2:

i agree...i think the program is extremely easy to follow. sounds like you had a good first day...congrats!!! woot woot for a healthy us!!! :tt2::tongue2:

I only get 25 points, sigh. I do work out though, so I get extra.

I'm doing the WW online too and going to meetings. We'll see how it goes, I guess. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for 6 FREAKIN' MONTHS! AARRGHGHHH!

Lilly, you probably have so many less points because you way signifantly less. Do the points go down as you weigh less? Does anyone know?

I guess if so and at that point is when you need to bump up the workouts to gain extra points, or just eat much less... ??

Hang out in here, we'll get through it. :tongue2:

I'm a loooongtime Weight Watcher. I was there when the points started, and it was a great changeover the exchanges they used to do. Your allotted points will go down as you lose weight. I don't remember the actual cutoff points. As you become a smaller person, your calorie needs decrease. I think 24 points per day is the lowest level.

But whatever you do, if you go the WW message boards or to a meeting, don't mention you had Lap band. They're very anti-WLS over there. I used to be, too, until I found out about the band.

Good luck to everyone!

Lilly, you probably have so many less points because you way signifantly less. Do the points go down as you weigh less? Does anyone know?

I guess if so and at that point is when you need to bump up the workouts to gain extra points, or just eat much less... ??

Hang out in here, we'll get through it. :ohmy:

Yes, the less you weigh, the less food you get.

Mostly my problem is that I don't do my food journal consistently.

journaling = weight loss

not journaling = no weight loss

It's so simple but I'm having a tremendously hard time with it.

The good news is that I'm off sugar again, so I'm not snacking as much. Sugar highs and lows during the day just kill me. I'm a serious sugar addict so I just had to quit cold turkey. It took 3 days this past weekend for the cravings to stop, but it seems like it's under control now.

Yes, the less you weigh, the less food you get.

Mostly my problem is that I don't do my food journal consistently.

journaling = weight loss

not journaling = no weight loss

It's so simple but I'm having a tremendously hard time with it.

The good news is that I'm off sugar again, so I'm not snacking as much. Sugar highs and lows during the day just kill me. I'm a serious sugar addict so I just had to quit cold turkey. It took 3 days this past weekend for the cravings to stop, but it seems like it's under control now.

I am going through the same thing. I haven't journaled in a month, and I PREACH about journaling to people all the time. I am a big, still fat, hypocrite. I am going to journal again and give it a month. If I don't start dropping again, I will sign up for WW online (broke right now :)). I am going to follow the thread and cheer you all on, no matter what. Good luck!!!!!

Lillyanne, you quit sugar cold turkey, so I will stop my Target freshly popped popcorn right now!!!!:ohmy:

I think this would be a good idea. I tried weight watchers meetings. But, between college, work and the hubs time was just hard to make. It became a stressor trying to plan in a meeting. I eventually just said 'screw it.'

I lost the material where is shows how to calculate your daily points allotment? Can someone post the calculation?

College starts 8/18. On Tuesdays I will be at college from 10 am to 8:30 pm. On Thursdays I'll be there from 10 AM to 2:30, then onto work. I need to find healthy, lunch box friendly foods/snacks. It's a small satellite campus, so there is not a student lounge w/a microwave. Everything will have to survive the Southern heat in my car. Ice packs only last so long when the heat index outside of the car is 106* :)

I know I could use some ideas/support. I'm a vegetarian. I will never lecture anyone for eating meat. I've meat some radical vegetarians that have told me I should divorce my hubs because he chooses to eat meat. It's like, hellloooo, get a life.

Ok, it's the end of the day, I'm tired and babbeling.

Looking forward to this thread :ohmy: