Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

I lost a 1/2 pound last week. Unfortunately since the Saturday weigh-in I have not made good food choices. Went and did groceries yestday, bought a ton of veggies, made a big pot of the 0 point veggie Soup and I am intending to finish the rest of the week on a positive. Have a great week everyone!

I would like to join WW. I was banded on Feb 14, 2012. I have since lost 21.7 lbs. Do you use the same amount of points as someone who has not been banded? I would be allowed 33 points. that seems to be alot of points. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jackie,

You get points based on your height weight and sex. I am 5'10 weigh 185 am female and get 29 points. My husband is 6'3 weighs 245 male and gets 51 points. Crazy difference eh? It does not matter if you are banded or not, still the same system. I have never told anyone at ww about my band, I hear they don't love medical intervention of any kind so I keep it to myself.

I have been doing super bad the past few weeks. Last Sat I did not go weigh in at ww but weighed at home and gained a pound. I was hoping to weigh in this Sat but looks like my schedule wont allow it. I am thinking about stopping my membership for a while and saving some money. I have lost 22 pounds with WW so maybe I am back on track enough? Not sure yet ... still deciding.

Right now I am stuck on a banana and think I just need to go pb and get the dam thing out.

I'm doing pretty well at WW. Down 31.2 lbs in 13 weeks. But, tonight, after a tough work week, my will power is waning and I'm just dying to have some real ice cream. I know that is eating around the band, and way too many WW points to waste, so I need to find something to occupy me until the feeling passes. So that's why I'm here, Keeping myself busy so that I won't go out for ice cream. Sad really. LOL.

NimbleBean (aka Margaret)

Hi Margaret,

I hear you! It's been a really emotional last 2 weeks for me. I had to give up my ww membership to try to save some cash as we have a family issue right now. I have not weighed in since 3-31-12 .... 3 weeks ago tomorrow UGG! I told my friend who is doing ww with me that I would weigh on my scale tomorrow morning and email her my weight. She is super supportive (not banded and does not know I have one) but is trying to loose as well. I am scared silly about tomorrow morning as I am sure to be up. I have not been able to journal, just rushing around with ZERO time for ME. I have not even broken a sweat! And as I write this I am more down.

RATS!

Hi, im not on WW or connected to them, just on the lap band forum , but some body was saying they were looking for a healthy substitute for ice cream. Try freezing a couple of sugar free pudding cups . Cold, creamy , sweet and lo cal too ! Yummy !!

There is a food diary on www.lapband.com. Go to the "My Progress" tab and choose "food diary". I plan on using it once I get banded (June 13th). It's free and is says "Use your food log to track the foods you eat each day. The tracker will analyze your foods and estimate your daily calories and nutrition." Has anyone tried it?

Hi, im not on WW or connected to them, just on the lap band forum , but some body was saying they were looking for a healthy substitute for ice cream. Try freezing a couple of sugar free pudding cups . Cold, creamy , sweet and lo cal too ! Yummy !!

you put the Jello pudding in the freezer and it comes out like ice cream

how long do you put it in for?

i put a couple of sf pudding cups in the freezer every few days. but they should only take a couple of hours to freeze as they are small. It doesnt taste exactly like ice cream, but close enough ! Knowing that i have them in the freezer stops me from stopping at the local frozen yogurt place . (most of the time !)

i put a couple of sf pudding cups in the freezer every few days. but they should only take a couple of hours to freeze as they are small. It doesnt taste exactly like ice cream, but close enough ! Knowing that i have them in the freezer stops me from stopping at the local frozen yogurt place . (most of the time !)

great idea i will try

what kind do you recommend

i like sf chocolate or butterscotch but any flavor would probably be fine.

did you mean what brand do i like ? Jello brand sf pudding cups

do they come out of the freezer hard so you have to scrape them off to eat

yes you have to scrape off the top but they do get softer if you let them sit out for 10 mins before you eat them.

This is a great website to check points value of tons of restaurants: exercise4weightloss.com. I always try to pre plan my restaurant meals. Sometimes I print it out and take it with me to the restaurant.