Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

lcoughlin - WW and the band do work well together with a few exceptions...WW does not like the band so you may or maynot want to tell your leader. I did and mine is very supportive and has modified the plan to assist me. My doctor hates carbs and fruit - WW allows both - I do eat them but in small amounts - doctor hates that and does not want to hear about WW when I visit him - so I don't even mention it. I cannot eat my full amount of points per day. I am allowed 26 and I generally have about 15-18. I do get the Water in and I love the fact of the weekly meetings - I need that support. My band was done 7/7/11 and I am down over 75 pounds. I have about 40 or 50 more to go. Lately my weight loss has slowed but the box of Cookies I ate at Christmas and all the junk I have been enjoying is the reason for this. The band and WW is not to blame for this one - just me. I feel sooo much better than I did before the band. WW helped me loose a ton of weight years ago and I knew that it could help again. I feel that it has. If I could take diet pills again, I would do that too....I don't the the band is the end-all tool for me to loos weight. I need the "village" to do that. Good luck and hope things work out for you. Stay in touch !

Melinda in Florida

lcoughlin - WW and the band do work well together with a few exceptions...WW does not like the band so you may or maynot want to tell your leader. I did and mine is very supportive and has modified the plan to assist me. My doctor hates carbs and fruit - WW allows both - I do eat them but in small amounts - doctor hates that and does not want to hear about WW when I visit him - so I don't even mention it. I cannot eat my full amount of points per day. I am allowed 26 and I generally have about 15-18. I do get the Water in and I love the fact of the weekly meetings - I need that support. My band was done 7/7/11 and I am down over 75 pounds. I have about 40 or 50 more to go. Lately my weight loss has slowed but the box of Cookies I ate at Christmas and all the junk I have been enjoying is the reason for this. The band and WW is not to blame for this one - just me. I feel sooo much better than I did before the band. WW helped me loose a ton of weight years ago and I knew that it could help again. I feel that it has. If I could take diet pills again, I would do that too....I don't the the band is the end-all tool for me to loos weight. I need the "village" to do that. Good luck and hope things work out for you. Stay in touch !

Melinda in Florida

great job you are doing so well. i know what you mean about ww it is a great diet but unfortunately i couldn't stay at my maintence weight. hopefully with the band i will be able to. i still think like a weight watcher it is just i don't weigh anymore and i used to religiously

Yahoo! Keep posting ladies and please share your food journals with me!

I am so glad to see this thread going again. I posted on here in September but no one else was posting. I was banded in September last year. I have only lost 20 lbs. I am very disappointed with my weight loss. I was thinking of going back to weight watchers too. When I went to get my fill last month they told me WW & the band work well together. I would love to join you ladies. I really need some support & encouragement. I am wondering if the band was really worth it.

The band is definitely worth it, but you have to look at it as a tool, just like diet and exercise. And the weight lost will be slow: 1-2 lbs per week, unlike gastric bypass, but its much healthier that way.

Stick with the group and we'll give you all of the motivation and support you need!

I love it! Thank you for posting what you ate today!

Here is my day

coffee & fat free milk 1 point

30g Protein Shake 4 points

60 min spin class 6 activity points

30g Protein shake 4 points

1 hard boiled egg @ 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese 2 points

minestrone Soup 4 points

Rosemary chicken 4 points

30g protein shake 4 points

Fat free sugar free Jello pudding made with skim milk 6 points

29 total points minus my 6 activity points and I am supposed to eat 32 points a day how do i get it all in??

You don't have to USE 32 points per day - 32 points is your limit. If you're under, that's great!

great job you are doing so well. i know what you mean about ww it is a great diet but unfortunately i couldn't stay at my maintence weight. hopefully with the band i will be able to. i still think like a weight watcher it is just i don't weigh anymore and i used to religiously

I was used to weighing once a week on WW, but after I was banded they wanted me to weigh every day. I've gone back to once a week - don't like seeing the scale move up and down everyday. I can accept weekly results much better!

Anyone bought one of those WW electronic trackers for points? Does it allow journaling?

Anyone bought one of those WW electronic trackers for points? Does it allow journaling?

what is an electronic tracker it would be great if you don't have to write

No, it doesn't - or at least the one I have doesn't. I use the app on my iPhone, but I generally journal on my computer.

hello ...well had an appt with my nut today she likes the ww program but my calorie limit is 1000 a day except of gym days then its 1200 so i was going over a little :( i go tonight to weigh in so little hopeful..

for Breakfast i had:

1 1/4 cup rice krispies = 3

1/2 cup 2% milk =1.5

lunch :

ww frozen meal = 7

snack

air poped popcorn= 2

i ate a doughnut =7 my hubby and I fought..and the doughnut didnt make me feel anybetter ..made me feel worse !!! stupid men !!!!!!!!

dinner:

sofar 2 Water bottles down :)

amylovelou: really???? A donut ????? What were you thinking? It should have been a box of Cookies...they go down easier...j/k...hope you do well tonight and don't let anyone force you to eat. I had an upsetting day at work, bought a bag of Cookies and started to work on them...about two cookies into it, I got a grip and threw them in the trash...Now I am just crying..oh well, better than eating those stupid cookies. I go to WW tonight and I am not going to let some idiot at work spoil my night/weighin. I see my Doctor on Friday and I am sure I will get a fill - he won't like the fact that I am down only 3 pounds in a month..Gotta love the holidays and Super Bowl. That is where WW will help me more than the band - that every week thing and that every week weigh in...have a good evening and get back on track girl !

Melinda in Florida

Hi Guys I just started back to weight watchers and weighed in on saturday. I was so excited because I lost 8 pounds. This week I've already lost two and I still have till saturday to lose more. I love the weight watcher program but had stopped going because I had hernia surgery in nov. then infection surgery to clean it in january and have a wound vacuum and home health scomes out ever other day to change bandges. I'm not suppost to be out and around people. But talked the nurse into letting me at least go to weigh ins once a week. I have used weight watchers on and off ever since i got the band and even before. The band is my tool and weight watchers is my other tool.LOL! I use the online site to log in what I eat and sometimes my iphone to scan the items and it goes to the site. BEORE SURGERY i WAS GOING TO THE GYM an hour each day using treadmill 30 minutes at night and going to zumba 4 days a week. This staying at home with machine hooked to me was really getting to me plus I had to have some taken out of band before i had surgery so it was hard with just 2 cc in my band. My spirits are up agian and I'm ready to conker the world since my last weeks weigh in. at weight watchers. Still have a month of being hooked to this vacumm machine but at least i got to go to a meeting. The weigh in weekly is the key for me having to step up infront of someone not family or friend. I refuse to gain after working so hard to get off the weight.

I don't like the new weight watcher program as much as the old slider card program. I don't like fruits and vegies being free and u get so many more points. they say because they figure your fruits and veggies in the daily points. I do like how as of january 2012 u can take your points down to 26 online. So thats what mine is sat at. and I never use activity points or weekly allowance points. But I love the program. So what are some Snacks u guys like to eat at night low in points and healthy? Any tips you have fill free to give cause i'll take all the adive I can get. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond have a good day.

Hi Guys I just started back to weight watchers and weighed in on saturday. I was so excited because I lost 8 pounds. This week I've already lost two and I still have till saturday to lose more. I love the weight watcher program but had stopped going because I had hernia surgery in nov. then infection surgery to clean it in january and have a wound vacuum and home health scomes out ever other day to change bandges. I'm not suppost to be out and around people. But talked the nurse into letting me at least go to weigh ins once a week. I have used weight watchers on and off ever since i got the band and even before. The band is my tool and weight watchers is my other tool.LOL! I use the online site to log in what I eat and sometimes my iphone to scan the items and it goes to the site. BEORE SURGERY i WAS GOING TO THE GYM an hour each day using treadmill 30 minutes at night and going to zumba 4 days a week. This staying at home with machine hooked to me was really getting to me plus I had to have some taken out of band before i had surgery so it was hard with just 2 cc in my band. My spirits are up agian and I'm ready to conker the world since my last weeks weigh in. at weight watchers. Still have a month of being hooked to this vacumm machine but at least i got to go to a meeting. The weigh in weekly is the key for me having to step up infront of someone not family or friend. I refuse to gain after working so hard to get off the weight.

I don't like the new weight watcher program as much as the old slider card program. I don't like fruits and vegies being free and u get so many more points. they say because they figure your fruits and veggies in the daily points. I do like how as of january 2012 u can take your points down to 26 online. So thats what mine is sat at. and I never use activity points or weekly allowance points. But I love the program. So what are some Snacks u guys like to eat at night low in points and healthy? Any tips you have fill free to give cause i'll take all the adive I can get. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond have a good day.

good luck and feel better

haven't been able to stay at the meetings but i did get weighed in

you are definitely correct both are a tool

how have you done with the band

how much lost and for how long

you go to the gym alot

last nite myfitnesspal had a free zumba class on the computer very interesting

My night time snack is fat free sugar free Jello pudding. It was one of the things I was allowed to eat on the pre op diet (like 1 cup) and have used it as my go to desert with the band.

I am back to the gym now also. I go to spin class 4 days a week (it's an hour) and then do my elliptical at home the 5th day. I take Sunday off.

I just joined ww last Sat so my first weigh in will be in 3 days and I soooooooo hope I am down! Wont weigh at home it will just piss me off I am sure.

Today so far I have had 2 Protein shakes 8 points total gone to the gym and got 6 activity points and just ate a greek yogurt 4 points.

I do think I might have gotten more than 6 activity points today because I worked my ASS off hard in spin this morning, but will keep it at 6 to play it safe.

Melinda - Wow! . 75 lbs since Sept that is amazing. Will you please give me an idea onut is what you eat each day? I have people telling me Protein, Protein, protein, low carb. Then this past doctors visit the lady that gave me the fill said weight watchers is good. I am so confused on how to eat. I lose weight steadily on low carb but it is difficult for me to cut out all carbs. I like WW but I am hungrier when I eat that way. Any advice would be wonderful. You have done awesome. I was banded on Sept. 15 and have only lost 20 lbs.

Thank you,

Lisa