Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

I joined WW a week ago. I'm a little over a year out and have been plateaued about 20 lbs from my personal goal for almost 3 months. I need a little fill, but have to wait until after the holidays to get into my doc's schedule. After I gained after Thanksgiving (my first weight gain since August 2010), I knew I couldn't wait until January to get back on track.

I don't know about you all, but now that I'm wearing medium clothes, the mental motivation to keep pushing had disappeared. I need the structure to get the last pounds off. So since I've always found WW to be effective for me for about 20 lbs and that's how much I have left to lose, I figured it was worth it.

First week and I've lost my Thanksgiving gain, so that alone was worth the money for me. It's the tracking that's imperative. I was really starting to eat a good amount of volume again, so I have to pay better attention.

Good for you Stateofzen. Love that name, by the way :).

Rejoining WW has been good for me. I've lost every week for the 5 since I joined. I have been losing consistently since my pre op liquids, in to banding, and after. But WW gives me the accountability weekly and makes me track food and activity which is key to losing weight. I had my first fill on 12/1 and lost 3 lbs this week! The band is amazing. I went out for lunch yesterday, ordered a small Caesar salad and an individual pizza. I ate the salad, minus croutons, and could only eat two small slices of this thin crust pizza. I used to be able to chow it down. And, I tracked it on my etools. I feel that the band gives me such an edge to keep my points on track. Does your WW leader know you're banded? Mine does and it's not a problem.

Hello Fellow Band-mates lol :)

So I recently lost my job, and so I have no insurance (can't afford to get my band tightened) and I was looking at joining WW online to try and help me loose more weight and it's gone up in price as well. So what I'm hoping is that one of you would be every so kind and give me the inside info so that maybe I can follow the plan on my own until i find a job?

I used WW before and lost 100lbs but gained it all back and then some.

Thanks!

I was banded on December 22nd and just started back on Weight Watchers yesterday (1-5-12). I got with the leader and talked to her about my band. She gave me my points (a whopping 41 a day) and we talked about the fact that I can eat only small amounts. She said, for me, I need to concentrate on getting my Protein, veggies, healthy grains and take my Multivitamin. I am supposed to get as close to 41 as I can. I find that using my Protein Powder and skim milk for a meal helps knock out 10 points. The first day I had a surplus of 23 points left. Today, I ate healthy protein and low-fat dairy and I am clicking off the points. I find that it helps me know what I have eaten during the day by tracking and I can show this to my doctor and dietician on Monday at my doctor's appointment. The one thing that kills me though (but I am sure is awesome for those not banded) is the fact that fruit is zero points. Well, fruit fills my little pouch so I make a point of tracking it and making a side note that it is a healthy choice but equals zero points). I love mashed banana. Oh my goodness, after the liquid and getting that it was like eating creme brulee for the first time. ; )

I think that the Weight Watchers way of eating combined with the lapband is a good marriage and will help us get our nutrients and help us choose food wisely to put in the limited space that we have.

I am so glad I am not alone in doing WW with the band.

Jen

41 points seems very high. I am at 26 points. Why so high? That would be way too much food for a bandster.

Warfield 23, it's a little hard tovtell you how tovdo the program because it is based on points and everyone is different.

41 points is what it would be based on weight. I'm supposed to have 45 points a day based on my weight. I used to be on WW but i gained it all back. Poodle, it's good you are still feeling full on liquids, soak it up and enjoy the extra weight loss from it, just rememeber to get a Protein powder to add in with your liquids!

OK guys, I have read everyone's threads - I joined WW (for the 6th time) 2 months after my band. I told my leader that I had the band but still believed in the WW program (always lost weight but always regained - thusly the band). She said WW did not like band but she would work with me and adjust the program for me...She has done just that and I am now down 73 pounds - my surgery was 7-7-11 - so to say the least, I am happy. The people that I sti with at the meetings all know I have the band and they help me adjust receipes to fit ME. My Doctor is not happy tha I go to WW as he said they count calories and they allow sweets, carbs etc and he does not. Well, welcome to my "real world" - it contains calories, carbs and sweets, just less of them and not all the time.

I love this site and I love my WW meetings - it keeps me honest to myself and the scale. I write down everything that I eat (even the bad stuff). WW on line helps me track my weight, Protein and waters.. I am so glad you guys started talking about WW and the band as I thought I was the only one out there trying to do two things at the same time. Hey, if it works for you - then go for it. I am happy and loosing and that is all that matters!.

Happy weight loss to everyone and keep this thread going !

Melinda

Jacksonville, Florida

Oh, I have 45 pounds more to go before I reach my goals weight. I am allowed 26 points per day (not counting extras that I get for exercise). A point is somewhere around 40-45 calories if you broke it down. I exercise about 3-5 points per day, but I do not use them or the extras points you are allowed per week. I ususally use about 20-22 points per day and I try to watch the carbs - keeping them at a minimum when possible.

Melinda

I'm a firm believer in WW and planned, even before having the surgery, on continuing the WW plan. It's just eating HEALTHY and learning how to use Portion Control. You HAVE to journal every day, though - it keeps you on track with Protein, veggies, carbs and healthy oils. Not a big meeting person, so I've always done it online, but its easy and it WORKS.

I'm with all of you, all the way!

I too have been a WW member 4 different times, this last time was to document my weight loss for insurance and approval. I am 2 weeks post-op, I lost 42# before surgery, will I join again if my band and I need help? You bet I will, it is the best WL program there is. Will I tell them I have been banded? NO. Because I too think they will see it as "the easy way out ". I love the new program and feel like I finally "got it ".

I am also busting out all my WW stuff.

I have restarted my journey but while I tip toe back into my fills (trying to not be so tight I am getting stuck on everything..) I have to try something to help me validate that I am eating in a way that will be for weight loss (versus someone who is trying to maintain or gain).

For example, I have noticed that over the 10+ days since restarting my journey I am all over the map for food volumes being consumed. Which is too unstable and slowing me down.

So I am seeing if the WW stuff can help me.

Hello, and i am very interested in try this with you all i dont know when i can actually start thought i was banded just two weeks ago and i don t know exactly how many point si can have or how to start i'm open to any suggestions ........

I absolutely love WW and think its perfect for after banding. It helps with Portion Control, makes sure that you eat enough Protein, fruits & veggies, and Calcium, and is the easiest program in the world to use. Plus they have great recipes. I've been doing it for 2 years (I hated the core program, too) and am going right back on it after my first fill (I'm 19 days out from my surgery).

Good for you Stateofzen. Love that name, by the way smile.png.

Rejoining WW has been good for me. I've lost every week for the 5 since I joined. I have been losing consistently since my pre op liquids, in to banding, and after. But WW gives me the accountability weekly and makes me track food and activity which is key to losing weight. I had my first fill on 12/1 and lost 3 lbs this week! The band is amazing. I went out for lunch yesterday, ordered a small Caesar salad and an individual pizza. I ate the salad, minus croutons, and could only eat two small slices of this thin crust pizza. I used to be able to chow it down. And, I tracked it on my etools. I feel that the band gives me such an edge to keep my points on track. Does your WW leader know you're banded? Mine does and it's not a problem.

you go girl

sounds like the band is working

i can't wait to get to the point where i feel full