Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Hey girlies...

Sorry to have been away for a bit... too much going on... big surprise!

But what fun news to come back to! Yay Haydee!! I've already marked me GONE Thurs 5/13 - Mon 5/17 on our 2010 calendar. Maybe we can get a block of rooms somewhere?? Somewhere nice!! A pool, definitely! & yes, I'd like to be *much* smaller by then!! Oh this is just too much fun!!!

Pam... I was picturing the pool party in my mind... they have such a great backyard & pool!! Best wishes on your 1st day of school!

TracyK... SO glad to read your post... I think about you & send you good vibes more than you know...

Suzie... cute pics!

Kat... I told you all that the new Prez called me to vent @ 8:59am on Monday morning, right? Well he bookended my week w/2 calls on Friday evening, too! Seems they're going to be having a big, cards-on-the-table, resign if you're not up to working together meeting next week. Wish I could be a fly on the wall! I've bumped into a few more PTA folks, as well... I listen politely & then just say the same thing to each of them: Focus on the kids & best wishes!

Judy... here we go again -- great minds, etc. -- I'm on the search for those shoes, too! They didn't have my size online... I'm hoping to get a pair before Disney!

Laura... Ice cream diet... mmmmmmm...

Janie... you always make me smile!!

TracyKS... hope that starts to feel better soon!

Jen... KUTGW!

Hi Terry!!

I'm signing up for 2 aqua exercise classes that start this week: aqua ai chi (soooo relaxing!) and aqua aerobics. Getting back to basics, & these classes are what helped me back @ the beginning!

Other than that... I'm just working & driving, driving & working! DD starts her horse lease on Tuesday, which = going to the barn 5x/week! + DS's soccer EVERY day. + Poms. + Jazz band. Phew!

Love each of you!! Smooches!!

I didn't see anything about Haydee's date being set either, but used my amazing powers of deduction.....and figgered it out all by my own self!!! LMAO!!!

Just got off the phone with my DD. She was fighting with her ex. He brought Kinsey home a short time ago, and was with some guy she didn't know, and they had Kinsey just sleeping in the backseat of the truck, no carseat, not even a seatbelt! She was hungry, sunburned to a point of blisters on her shoulders. Manda was furious, I had bought her new jammies, and she was all excited to put them on---so Manda ran her a bath, and when she went to sit down she screamed, and when investigating Manda found a raw red stripe all along her privates, and up to her lower back. She told Manda it was from her life jacket---which is feasible, it does fit that way, she said she kept telling them it hurt, but no one would fix it. He said he could not afford the daycare---so he has not paid CS or helped with the daycare in 2 months. He has not paid CS outright in over 6 months, he had been paying 1/2 the daycare, but the last 2 payments his checks bounced.

So she told him, no more, he will see her only when they meet up, he will not take her on his own again. She told him when Kinsey asks to see him, she will meet him at McDonalds or something and they can visit. He is furious, threatening her with court.....I told her let him bring it on, if his daycare checks bounce----how is he going to afford a lawyer? Then again, he can afford to take a HUGE boat to the lake....but not CS.

She said Kinsey ate 3 pieces of chicken---2 legs and a thigh, and almost an entire cucumber for dinner! She said she seems happy enough, not traumatized acting, but Manda is beside herself.

Makes me cry and makes my stomach sick, to think of them not taking care of her. He is such an ass.

She called to see if she could make an incidence report, with the police, and they said they do not do that. If it is something they can arrest him for, if she wants that they can make a report, then follow through....otherwise they don't get involved, she has to resolve it in court.

She does not want to make things worse for Kinsey, she loves her Daddy. Just no one else does!

Manda's BF kinda pissed me off over it too, acting like she is not doing enough---like she needs to be a hard nose, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

I agree it is not something she should accept, but allowing her to see her Daddy in a safe setting is acceptable, and in Kinsey's best interest, if not Manda's and the BF's. And this IS about Kinsey, NOT them. Besides the fact, she DOES have a court order for her to see her Daddy. If she does end up in court, it will look much better for her, if she has made an effort for that relationship to continue. Her BF has full custody of his kids, and sees it in black and white, no gray. There is gray.....sucks but there is.

It made me dive head first into the bag of coconut M&Ms! But....I took the rest out to her.

I actually started on Garricks Christmas stocking this weekend! I know it is early, but they are time consuming, and---I am working so I get a short period of time to work on it, where as in the past I would put in 2-3 hour blocks of time and get them done. Rick picked this one out, it is a big snowman....

Well, I am going to go....my concentration ability is shot.

Michelle how is your mother in law?

A block of rooms would be nice. I hope I can take the time off then!!!!

I am tired and have done nothing today!!! I do need to clean up my living room before bed, but tomorrow is another episode of Hoarders to scare me into cleaning!!

Sweet and skinny dreams for everyone tonight!!!!

Sweet and skinny dreams for everyone tonight!!!!

Oh how I wish I had read that before I went to bed. I fretted all night long about my Doc appointment today. I just hate dissapointing him.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in later tonight.

Nothing positive to say today so...:)

Pamela-enjoy your first day back to work.

Have a great day everyone.

Kat -- maybe she should take some pictures of Kinsey?

Carson is ahead of Abigail in votes!!

Well...here's to all my future Manuels and Zachs!!! Hoping for a great day!

So sad about the fires! Please pray for these families and the firefighters!

Have a good day! I need to hit the gym in the morning...already feel fat again and I feel great and skinny (although I am not) when I exercise!

oxoxoxxo

Good Monday Morning!!

Pam -- lol, I know just what you mean about FEELING skinny(ier) when I work out (even tho I'm not) than when I don't! I'm w/ya, chica! I'll be thinking about you today -- make them call you DOCTOR [Lastname]! :wink2:

Go Carson!

I signed up for my classes! Yay! They're Tues/Thurs. Yay! I'll do weights M/W/F. Yay!

TracyK... I now challenge you to type one positive thing... you've got to get rid of your "stinkin' thinkin' " gf!!

I've been reading the book "The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite" by David A Kessler, MD (former FDA Commissioner). It's very interesting. Not a diet book, really... more of a behind-the-scenes look at the food industry and how they work *very* hard to make it very hard for us to resist food. It was very eye-openining for me. It's almost as if we just can't win... they have so much money & science on their side v. lil' ol' us who are just trying to eat properly. Basically anything that's not "natural" (meaning straight from nature: fruit, veggie, plain meat, dairy) has the potential to have been "tampered" with (read: modified to have added sugar/fat added)... for example, many frozen chicken breasts have added stuff injected into them for "moistness," which is really just full of extra crap we don't need! :) It's a Michelle-recommended read.

Everyone make it a great day!

Good morning, Violets...

Woke up to a swimming pool with the Water level below the skimmer...not good. Bob backwashed it yesterday when we got home because it had rained so much and the level was way too high, but this morning was just the opposite. I'm filling it right now and hope it will be ok. It's darn chilly this morning.. 44 degrees, but supposed to be in the upper 70's for the week.

Michelle... I just ordered my Shape Ups from Finishline.com Under $100 and free shipping. And they had most sizes.. and in stock!

PamELa... good luck with the chillins today. Our schools start next Tuesday. I missed buying all those little things for the classroom I used to, so I bought tons of stuff for an Indian reservation at Pine Ridge. I figure if I can't take them to my classroom, at least some kids are going to be able to use them. Got lots of scissors, markers, tape,chalk, all the good stuff.

Off to get working on the back yard. Everyone make it a GREAT day!!!

AGAIN we're on the same wavelength, Judy!! I just came here to tell you that I just ordered MY shapeups @ Finishline.com, free shipping... but I was going to share my coupon code w/you for a future order that they sent w/my confirmation e-mail! We'll be rockin' & rollin' soon, huh?? There's an "instructional" video on Youtube... it seems like it takes some getting used to... so you don't wibbledy wobbledy all over the place! That's why I want them asap... so I can get used to them before all the Disney walking!

I got the white/silver/powder blue ones... which color did you get??

I had a coupon from FinishLine ya'll could have used. I think it's 20% off...

I tried them on at the store and walked around with them for a little bit but I couldn't bring myself to buy them. I would never wear them...

Yes, so the good news is that we met with Father Pat this Saturday and we finally got to have our date confirmed. I posted about that a few pages ago but I guess ya'll missed it? We were a little nervous but it turned out great. He's so relaxed and genuine. And he made us feel like he cared about us. It was awesome...

So now it's more real and now we are able to really committ to booking stuff. I was looking at stuff and vendors but didn't want to book because of the fear that my date would have to be changed at church.

So this weekend I went ahead and signed a contract with my photographer, videographer, makeup person, and valet service. Paid them all in full so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I went with my mom and found the linens for the tables. I'm having the tables measured this week so that we can already go ahead and go buy the fabric so they can get started making all the linens.

Today I meet with the DJ so that I can sign a contract with him...

I think the next step is looking for the invitations? Or what? I can't think of what big thing I'm missing... I have a checklist at home that I need to run through and tweak...

Sorry if I'm rambling... I get too caught up with all my stuff and bore ya'll to death with it...

sooo, what else... My friend is really really helping me get through my workouts. There really is no excuse anymore not to go workout. I haven't weighed myself because she says it's better not to do it so often. My body feels better and that's what's important. She says that if we weigh constantly and we don't see immediate results that that sometimes discourages us from keeping up with the program. And I think that's true for me. It's happened in the past that I just say f*% it and go back to junky food and being a sloth...

Anyways... enough about me. I'll go back to "reading not posting" now... LOL

Quiet in here this morning!

Of course, I'm stuck @ home w/out a car... dh is getting his detailed, so he took mine to work... I'm so nice.

My MIL is having her consult w/the surgeon on Weds... the scans showed NO cancer anywhere else! Just this one small spot on her lung. So we'll see what he recommends. She just wants to be ok for their annual Winter Mexico trip! Priorities!! lol...

Back to work...

Nothing positive to say today so...:biggrin:

Pamela-enjoy your first day back to work.

Have a great day everyone.

i only have to say.....:blushing:

This is all so exciting, Haydee!! :biggrin:

Great job on the workouts. I feel the same way about weighing... if I see a "bad" number or if it doesn't go down as quickly as I think it should (a lb a day), then I get discouraged & cave. I'm trying to weigh on just Fridays, now.

I need new walking shoes anyway, & I figure they'll be great for all the Disney walking... I'm a sucker for any gimmick to try to get myself to move more!!!

TracyK... I now challenge you to type one positive thing... you've got to get rid of your "stinkin' thinkin' " gf!!

OK, I was down another .5 this morning. :blushing:

Jenn-thank you for letting me talk your ear off this morning! I really appreciate it....I needed that! :biggrin: So, who did you text? lol