Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

I updated my ticker...it took lots of courage. It hurts to see it in black and white...but admitting it is half the battle?!

You'll notice I updated mine and it isn't pretty. But like Tracy says, seeing it in black and white is reality.

Just in from an hour in the pool. Outside temp is 68 and the Water is 88. I didn't float around on a raft, but got my exercises in and Ethan swam around. It was funny seeing him spin around the pool as I was doing my running laps. It was like he was caught in a whirlpool.

Jenn.. I LOVE my heater now that it is working. I'd be closing up the pool next week if I didn't have it. Now I'm hoping to stretch it into Sept. as long as possible. It will mean wearing a bathrobe out to the pool and getting it back on in a hurry when I get out, but that's really no different from getting in and out of the hot tub in the winter.

The Bobster is going golfing tonight after supper so I'll have the house to myself. We're having a choir cook out next Wednesday so I need to have the house spic and span before then.

Hope everyone's having a good day.

I updated my ticker...it took lots of courage. It hurts to see it in black and white...but admitting it is half the battle?!

:thumbup: good for you, that is the first step. I think the only reason I am back on track is because I've been admitting lots of things to myself lately and now it is time to move forward and to the next phase. YOU CAN DO IT!

So just got a call from my band doc.

To do the testing THERE is $600. To do it here, is $800.

Mind you this is for freaking TESTING. Not to even FIX it.

I am just beside myself. Russ sighed and said we'll put it on his cc. I said no, no need to even bother with the damn testing right now, we can't afford that or the surgery.

Hey girls...

had a shitty long bad day...i am going out to happy hour and stef is driving:biggrin:!

o, and it is 117 fucking degrees outside!!! WASN'T THIS HOT ALL SUMMER!

REALLY?????? I am in a mood...threw a book today!

havent gone to gym in 2 days and this is what happens...carbs and crabs!

love you girlies...it is HOOOOTTTT

My day wasn't great....nothing horrid, just one of those days that depresses you.

Suzanne, I am so sorry for your friends. Being on a wait list for an organ has to be VERY hard. I have a friend on a liver transplant wait list as well. I don't think she will make it to get one. She is mentally failing VERY fast. I believe it is an imbalance, in part to medications, but she does not know her family most of the time, and is totally dependent upon others, to do EVERYTHING for her.

Her partner is just beside herself, they have been together for over 25 years, and she cannot do it alone anymore, so had her in a home for a couple of weeks, and couldn't take that, so she has her back at home now. It would be so hard.

Years ago, my brother was on a transplant list for his cornea, hoping to save the sight in his eye. My folks were on vacation, and we got the call. So I took him to ABQ, and we put the Colorado hiway patrol on the lookout for my parents. We got to ABQ, and within a few hours he was in surgery, the police found my parents about 3 miles from my cousins house where they were going!! By the time they hit the interstate, and flew back from Denver to ABQ, he was out of surgery, and ready to go home!

It was emotional, because we heard on the news about a young girl (19) dying in a car accident, and figure that is where the cornea come from---and it was so sad, to know someone had to die. But besides that, the eye is so easy, as far as the transplant goes the entire thing seemed anticlimactic!

Our cousin in Fort Worth, had the kidney/pancreas transplant almost 3 years ago, and is doing wonderful!

Will keep your friends in my prayers.

Pamela---sorry you had a crappy day. Maybe we need to go buy cheap dishes and have a throwing them party!

Going to go veg.....

Getting ready to call it quits for the day. Did a little bit better on my eating today. I still suck at this though.

Sleep tight everyone.

Vote #222 for Mr. Carson!! He'll be ahead of Abigail before long!!:thumbup:

My gallbladder surgery will be next week or Labor Day week, depending on when they can get me in, I'll know after I meet with the surgeon on Monday afternoon.

And I got a promising call from a recruiter for a JOB!! Wouldn't that be nice!!

Good evening!!

Suzanne, I totally understand about the not calling. Totally!! Can't even begin to understand how that all must feel. So many emotions rolled into one!!

Now I am not so sure about KC but if I come it will be Saturday the 19th, your hubbys birthday?!? I will make my mind up for sure this weekend!!

Gosh, I can't imagine why I didn't have any takers to my offer of a 'fun' chain letter!! I think I just might take some to work and see if any of my customers want to do it. I just don't want anyone to feel obligated, and worry if customers might feel that way!

Did I mention that I am totally out of control with eating? I am bad. I mean real bad.....

Thinking about Terry and Tracyks this week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to bed..............

Hey girls~

Well, I was going to go to the gym and do my 30 min...today is the last day of the summer and I wanted to prove (to myself) i could do 30 min on eliptical. BUT I didn't go...but by next week, I'll make the goal! I know IF I went in...maybe tomorrow...doubt it!

Feeling better today! There is this terrible woman at work, who should of retired already, and she is just miserable. She pissed me off to high heaven yesterday. OH MY...Jackie too, I was talking w/ Jackie and she was actually checking her pulse because this woman had made her that mad. Anyway, I am not going to let her get to me today.

Have a great day!

xoxox

Good morning, violets..

I voted for Carson last night about 11 p.m. Thought that was kewl that I could vote twice in a day, but they must be checking cause I couldn't vote for him this morning. Will have to wait till later this evening, I guess.

Jane... I did that lottery ticket mail thingy before and don't really want to do it again. I didn't get a very good response the first time and somehow a minister's wife sending around a letter about lottery tickets isn't the best idea.. lol Though you KNOW I did it once. Tonight is the drawing for the $325 million mega bucks. I can't convince the Bobster to get a ticket or two. sighhhh Now I'll never know what it feels like to be a millionaire.

I got to sleep in this morning and it felt good. Ethan comes at 12:30. I'm off to fix some eggs and cheese for Breakfast and then get started on my to do list to get ready for the choir party.

Everyone have a great day.

SuzieT... good luck on the job search and the surgery!!

PamELa... the same good luck to you with the lovely lady at work.

Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY and I hope everyone is so happy for the start of the weekend...

I was such a bad bad girl last night at dinner. Once I wrote it all down in my food journal this morning I was appaled at the amount of crappola I ate. And then I felt soooo miserable afterwards. Made my stomach hurt so bad and I felt like throwing up. It had been 11 or so days since I had sugar and fatty stuff so my body didn't respond well to it... I'm back on track today though. Came in this morning and there was donuts, kolaches, assorted Cookies all laid out for us in the breakroom. Walked right past it and grabbed a cup of coffe, NO SUGAR, and walked back to my office. Tonight my workout will be TWICE as long to compensate for my piggy fest last night, LOL.

OH and guess what! I finally got a call from our priest and we are scheduled to meet with him on Saturday. YAY! That means that we will be able to finally set the date. So Monday I can finally set my date in stone and we can begin the countdown!! Yay yay yay...

I'm so ready for the weekend... I've got tons of stuff to do at home and Juan will be out of town so that means I can get most of it done... When he's around it's easy for us to find something else to do other than housework... Why oh why couldn't I have a Suzanne like Pam does??? LOL...

Morning all

Haydee, I went out last night, ended up drinking vodka on the rocks, I has 2 with cran juice and it was so sweet it was making me sick! I couldn't drink my iced carmed coffee the other day either.

HI! My name is Jenn, and I have not had a drop of suger since July 30th... LOL

I'm going to get the stuff together to send out his weekend, I've been kind of distracted sorry. I'm also going to stick 2 pr of new shorts in there that I hope will work for you, wore then 2 times and they are too big.

and if they don't quite fit...hold on to them they will!

I took measurements on 8/12 and going to take a 2 week progress today to see if all my work is paying off.

Hope you all have a good day