Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

I guess I'm not following, you gotta buy lottery tickets? Like a pyramid scheme, send it to whoeever invited you, then invite people to send them to you or something?

Lottery is illegal here...

Jennifer...it is TracyinKS. Lets all say a big prayer for her

((((hugs))))

Thanks - (((TracyKS)) I'm sorry, i'm right there with you...unemployment line

Sorry janie, I don't do "chain" anything... not socks or books or dishtowels or underwear (yes, I once got one for underwear!! :thumbdown:) or, well, anything.

(Now watch one of you win big-time! That'll show me!!)

Laura, it is a chain letter that was sent to me, and you buy 7 $1 tickets and send them off to 6 people who would LOVE to do this, plus the one on this sheet! I guess it is sort of like a pyramid scheme, but the letter says you can get 36 tickets if everyone participates. It is a PITA THING!!!!!

Home from our hospital shift and boy was it a wild one. My feet are killing me right now.

Good thing I have this Band, otherwise I would weigh 600 pounds right now.

Jane - I watched Hoarders the other night too....and it left me with the same feeling...like I BETTER GET OFF MY ASS AND GET BUSY AROUND HERE!!! :w00t: :thumbup: :sneaky:

Haydee - good thing is that exercise releases the dopamine you're missing now. :thumbup: Try it!

I packed boxes ALL DAY today. The movers come starting tomorrow afternoon...and then we gotta UNPACK on the other side starting Monday. I am so freaking tired I can't even see straight and I have nonstop STUFF going on for the next 4-5 days. :blushing: But I'm going to JAX to see my girlfriend so I guess I can sleep on the plane!

Haydee, some of the lost feeling you are dealing with now, will ease, when the actual physical proof of what you are changing starts to show. When you go to try on wedding dresses and have to drop a size or 2, and your clothes start getting loose, it gives you incentive, and something to reflect on when the sadness hits. At least I know it helped me through the death of my friend "eat til you hurt".

Long day, then had to go to dinner at my inlaws. My BIL from Denver was in town, he goes through every month with work, so stays with the folks and we all get together. I could go on and on over crap said, but why waste my energy, or your eyesight reading the same crap??

Sorry about the gall bladder suzyt! I am holding on to mine still, every time I get a serious stomach ache, I think I am becoming a statistic!!! LOL

Judy, if your choir is in turmoil, and you are losing members, maybe it is time for you to move on too. And go sit in a different church with the Bobster for awhile, and let the dust settle.

I know it would feel a little like being run out of your own home, and you are not one to let people down----but other than the actual choir, it doesn't seem like you are having any of your spiritual needs met in this church. I realize much of the problem is the preacher. But to ask the Bobster to stay away during this time of adjustment? That seems so unfair, and not just to him, but to those who are in need of serious comfort and guidance and are not getting it from the current preacher. I just don't get why you and the other members, are being "punished" and expected to patronize someone who it sounds as though is unwilling to bend, so it is going to be a wasted effort.

We had a minister much that way, it was Bills way or the hiway. And sadly much of our congregation hit the hiway....right down the road to the Presbyterian Church!!! Not that there is anything wrong with them, I almost did the same myself. But the church we are in, is part of me. I know the church itself is not in the building, but in the people. But I can walk into our church, and the colors from the stained glass windows which are everywhere, (and were made by my cousin!) cast colors, and lend a warm feeling, and it just physically feels like a warm blanket of comfort layed over your shoulders. I am spiritually eased simply walking in the building. I think it is because it has always been a safe place. But this guy almost pushed my entire family away from it!

Then he finally left, after dwindling the congregation to less than a quarter of what it was, and they brought in the church's first woman minister. And she was just as bad! She was not bad in the same way---but just as bad, where he had to have it his way, she simply did not care. She lived to schedule meetings, and to plan trips here and there. She just left too. Thankfully she decided to go back to where her parents were. Now the new man is looking to be GREAT! He is pleasant, and interesting to listen too, challenging in his sermons, makes you want to go back. It is exciting again!

I hope you and Bob can find someplace to feel at home in --- together soon. I know what a big part of your life this is, and how upset it must make you. I think about you and the situation you are in often....hope it eases soon!

Well I am off to bed. 6 comes early.

Oh yeah, hoping the new job comes in for Rick, looks like the company is closing the local yard! EVERYONE is getting layed off. Wonderful. We have 10 more payments to his ex, of Child Support for the not our child child-----and she would love to get us back in court again. We dodged a bullet last time, not feeling so lucky this time.

Good morning friends~

I am loving mobile facebook....you should try it. I get text messages when my friends (that I specify) post on Facebook. And you can comment to it on your phone and it will post on facebook for them to see. You can also tell it what time frame you want the texts...all the time or like I have mine set from 8AM-9PM. Pretty cool. It did not say anything about cost other than text message rates apply but we have the unlimited....hopefully there are no other charges. Guess I will find out the hard way! lol

Have a great day everyone. (((hugs)))

Jane - and everyone else, if you go back to the post that Laura did on Facebook that has Carson's picture on it and hit the SHARE button it will then put it on your wall and allow all your friends to see it and vote. The link is direct. That's what I did two days ago and all my friends voted.

I am doing good with my workouts. I'm sore but I really like someone pushing me to beyond my limits. It's what I needed all along. I'm having severe sugar withdrawals. Just like a junkie. And I think I'm going into a little bit of a depression. food was my comfort and my "friend". It made me feel better. Now that I'm watching what I eat and staying off the junky stuff I feel so alone. It's weird but that's what I'm feeling. I was telling Juan last night that I feel so isolated. And nothing has really changed but the eating. I'm sure i'll snap out of it. It's only been 10 days so far.

Everyone have a great day...

Haydee, I'm sorry you are feeling that way, that was what happened to me for the first 8 months of surgery so I know what you are saying. For me I took the need to eat and went to the gym, so Terry is probably right - it will start to release chemicals and you will feel better...

Kat was right too, try on a wedding dress now - and watch it shrink, You will be amazed.

Hugs everyone

Good morning, Violets..

Got my vote in for Carson and now relaxing with Ethan while he sits on the potty and plays Wii. That's called multi-tasking. He's just not getting the potty thing at all. Never says he has to go, it's just by chance if I get him on the potty before the deed is done. He is talking much more now, but certainly not like his 6 months younger cousin. Ethan talks in 2 or 3 word thoughts. But it's an improvement so I'll take it.

It was choir lite last night. Only 9 people out of 22 showed up. Lots of excuses and only a few saying they didn't know what they were going to do as far as the church goes now. I just don't expect that 5 years of behavior can improve in 7 months, but what do I know? I was always allowed one Sunday a month off and hardly ever took it, but this year I will take every single one and let them worry about a sub or what to do musically those Sundays.

Ethan and I had a great time in the pool yesterday. It was in the 70's , but the pool was still 88 so we were in for almost 2 hours. I got a nice sun burn that is keeping me warm this morning with the temps at 48 when I got up. If the sun comes out this afternoon, we'll get in the pool again. Ethan wears his little floaty suit and swims all around the pool. He sure has come a long way from the kid who screamed because he didn't want to get in the Water at all.

Nothing much on the agenda today and tomorrow. Saturday we're heading to Traverse City, about 2.5 hours away to shop and see Julie & Julia and then stay overnight before heading to another town so Bob can preach. We'll be home again Sunday afternoon. I love these little get aways. I love Ethan dearly, but it's nice when it's just Bob and I without kids or dogs or cats, or church crap. I know, I know.. Judy said crap.

Off to get dressed and get some laundry done. Everyone have a good day. ((hugs)) to TracyinKS and hope she finds another job right away.

((hugs)) to all the other Violets just because.

Judy -

I wish I had a heater, I'd keep the pool open so much later, I'm going to figure something out next year!

Dylan just decided in June he was not afraid of the pool and is now swimming with swimmies (they are too small for his weight so they just give him a little extra help) and without swimmies and going under water! OMG, just started that, and now time to close the pool.

Anyway, everyone have a great day!

Roller Coaster ride here today.

My younger sisters BFF in the whole wide world and who is also like a Sister to both of us has a husband that is on the Liver Transplant list. Last night Hubby woke me up and sayed that they had a call that a liver was available and for them to start getting ready. As luck would have it they were already in the St. Louis area for a Doc appointment. So my Sis and I were getting packed and ready to drive to St. Louis when we got the call that the liver was a no go. They had him in the OR ready to be put out when they told him. Luckily we hadn't left yet but they had to call home and have their son put on Amtrack. So they are waiting for him to arrive before they head home. What a horrible nightmare for them. I'm all stressed out and just sick to my tummy about it. Not just for them but also that someone had just lost their life. To families going thru so much. Please keep all of them in your prayers.

Janie, I hadn't called you yet to tell you we were coming. I was going to kind of wait till we got checked in to the hotel and than see what my time line was. Didn't know if we would be able to meet up real quick.