Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Morning, Sitting here in my Motel 8 room sharing a 1/4 of a bagel with hubby. I'm all showered and dressed and packed, just waiting to go meet up with cousins before we hit the road home.

The wedding was really nice and the reception was fun. They had these little things called Tooters. They are shots of I'm guessing Vodka. Different flavors and I had to try all of them to decide which one I liked the best. They all tasted nasty but it took me 8 to finally figure that one out. So far no hang over this morning.

I have a Doc appointment tomorrow and I can just see the look on his face. It ain't gonna be good. But I do have a new resolve. My niece in Calif. is getting married next Sept. That and with Haydee's wedding coming up will give me the incentive to get my ass in gear.

Ok, time to check out of the hotel. I'll see ya all later today.

Good morning everyone~

Nothing really special planned for the day. Gotta go get Macy from my sister later this afternoon.

My neck, left shoulder and arm have been killing me for the past couple of days. It is strange...for about a year off and on my shoulder would hurt in the joint. For the past few months it has hurt every day at least once a day. But the past couple of days it has hurt and been accompanied by neck and arm pain. Makes me wonder if the whole problem stems from my neck. All I know is I am out of vicodin (i have had the script for 6 months and now its gone) and I only have a few darvocet left. Drs are expensive and I do not know what I am gonna do....ice packs & massages help so I will get doing that.

On the bright side I am still doing what I should food wise. Being unfilled for a while seems to be ust what the dr ordered. I can actually eat and therefore am not resorting to junk. :wub: I will get a fill around the begining of November. I am anxious to see how much I can lose on my own efore then. IF by then my stress level has not gone down, I will just leave it unfilled for a tad longer. OR When I go in I will just have them put in like .75 or 1.0 and see how it goes.

Have a great day everyone!

Tracy -good luck - I was at 1 and in the same place, head not in the game and ate tons of fried food because it was the only thing that would work. my fill to 1.5 was perfect, I'm still on semi mushie's a month later and very soft solids. I'm back on track with 700-cals a day and 70g Protein and I feel like this is working.

i saw something on the news this morning about how the RNY is being recommended more than lapband because people don't lose as much weight as they thought or they lose it and gain a bunch back. They do suggest everyone who has weight loss surgery go to therapy to figure out the underlying reason for weight gain and to resolve the issues for either to work.

MY thougt is, my dr told me that typical weight loss with the band is 40-50% of your excess weight, and he told me I would be about 205, so I've been there for 8 months or so (i usually work really hard the 2 weeks before an appt to get back to that point - I was 215 last time, but he was still happy,I've pretty much got there and for the most part maintained. Well when I got back in November I hope they are super impressed, not just for him but for me. I'm now 191 and holding and want to be in the 80's by November.

Anyway, I guess I know because my dr was very upfront with me about the band and how it works and that he doesn't recommend it for everyone but knew I could do it, but I've talked to a lot of people who thought they could lose so much more - So maybe more dr's need to do it for the right reason other than to just make money and perform the surgery... ya know.

Remember my cousin who got MRSA from dirty port...

Morning girls~

We had fun last night at Julie and Susan's. It was mellow, but the food and company were wonderful!

I am BEYOND excited for May 15th. Haydee, where should we stay? Give us a couple of close places so we can book rooms! Girls, what are we going to wear? Maybe all of us wearing something in a violet hue?? NOT THE SAME THINGS, LOL! So excited!

Today is the last day of summer:blush:...but I am ready to work and excited for tomorrow!

Off to facecrack, play scrabble, hang w/ Susanne, enjoy our Sunday...

everyone do the same!

Both my surgeon and the Dr. I had originally chose to do the surgery before insurance issues, were very up front about the band being something I would have to work with. I was NEVER led to believe it was an easy fix. MY SIL likes to hint that she had no idea of these things, but she was right there with me for 8/10 of those meetings/appointments, and she knew. She just got impatient, and began a series of problems, that were not taken care of in a timely manner and allowed her to fail dramatically. SHE is a bandster failure, the band did not fail her. I know there are people who follow the rules, and the band does not work for them. I know there are band failures structurally--as in leaks, and placement issues. The band does NOT work for everyone. But so many of the things that end up reported as band problems are problems same as my SIL, who filled and unfilled improperly for well over a year, who stayed filled way too tight for fear of weight gain, who force themselves to throw up WITH a band, and all that gets reported as people who did not do well with the band.....and that is not right.

I am sure the stats on RnY are done the same, people who refuse to take the supplements, and their health fails, get reported as bad results of the RnY even tho they were likely told of the need for supplements prior to surgery. So many of the issues are people failure.

I had a cousin get banded last week, by the Dr. that does my follow up care, the one I was originally going to use. Haven't heard from her, heard from my Aunt it was happening, but my Aunt was not sure whether to share with her concerning mine. I told her hell yeah! LOL

So exciting to plan for Haydee's wedding!!!

Haydee, what color scheme are you thinking of for the wedding itself, we do not want to mimic it, nor clash with it, even tho a Violet hue among us would be great!!! We might all have to do something subtle!!

Rick is off moving a freezer with our son, and they keep trying to call him into work. Have a feeling I am on my own for the day, which royally sucks. I want to go to a movie. Maybe I will call a friend and go see the Julie/Julia one----something he would not be so psyched over...although he goes, knowing I go with him when he wants to see something that does not appeal to me so much!

My allergies are kicking my butt today. My eyes itch like crazy, and I have sneezed 2 dozen times easy.....yuck! And the worst thing of the day....tomorrow is Monday already and back to work! LOL

Michelle----how is your neighbor who lost his wife coping now? And tell us what went down with the PTA fiasco----------brag to us, we want to live vicariously through your so well earned 'told ya so'!!

Tracy---is the pain IN the joint? Could it be stress related? Do not ignore it if it continues to be constant---womens heart issues present in wierd ways---and stress has been a part of your life lately girl!! Worry about you!

Pamela--the girl across the street, Jennifer, started school last week too---she teaches ESL exclusively--and only teaches half days. She has a 1 year old, and I think she may be pregnant again, but nothing has been said. Anyway she was telling us the other night ( bunch of neighbors gathered in the yard)that there is a woman who is in charge of scheduling that is making her crazy to the point of reducing her to yelling or crying on a daily basis. So a friend and fellow teacher of hers, started a prank with several of the teachers this woman was making crazy. Whenever she comes around they all look at her funny, and all of them look like they are seeing something out of the ordinary just behind her left ear. She said it is hilarious, they have the woman checking it out in the mirror, to see what they are looking at. No one has ever come out and said anything, just pointedly looked, she said one even smirked, but most just repeatedly glance at her in the one area....behind her left ear. She said now she is standing so no one can see her on the left side! She said she is starting to feel so mean about it, but it totally destressed the situation, she said now what the woman comes to say is being nuetralized, and she can let it slide. I SOOOOO totally thought of you, and how you would have joined in on this!!! I can picture you....your eyes widening....looking at something this woman thinks must be growing out her ear!!!

Maybe you can do something similar with the horrid woman at your school!

Well I am off to get dressed and head to the grocery store....fun fun fun....not.

Did I miss a post about Haydee's wedding date? I went back a few days and still didn't see anything, am I blind? That is so exciting!!! Congrats Haydee on confirming the date you wanted!!!

I have a headache, not happy today!!

Home from our little trip down south. We had a blast at the wedding and had a good time with everyone. Made some new friends. Ate way to much and enjoyed it. Doc won't be happy. Oh well.

My Doc never lied about anything with the band. He was very upfront in what it coule HELP ME do. That it was a tool for me to use. Apparently right now I don't choose to use it right. I'm always amazed at the people that complain about not losing weight with the band. The band is no more different that using Jenny Craig, Weight Watcher's Gas-By-pass, Rny, or any other program. If you don't use it correctly and follow the rules, you ain't gonna lose. All it ends up being is a waste of your time and everyone else involved. Sometimes I think to myself, why am I not losing? What am I doing wrong? Well, I seem to forget that sometimes it just isn't the quantity of food I eat but also the quality of the food I eat. Can someone actually eat ice cream for their meals and lose? What about the little bites of stuff, The alcoholic drinks? It all adds up.

I for one am so glad that I did not have the By-pass. I know 2 people who had it and and have seen the awful struggles they have. Yes they lost the weight and than gained some of it back. But on top of that, they have serious medical problems now. I also believe that my best friend lost her life to it. The health problems that having her intestines shortened caused. I'm not sure God intended for the colon to work that way properly. if He had, He would have shortened it Himself. I will be forever greatful for my Band. Now what I need to work on is getting my head back in the game.

I need to quit whinning about it. My band is working, I'm not. As much as I would like to think it is my band, it's actually me.

Jane, I think Haydee is meeting with the priest this week. We should know something soon. That is unless I missed something also.

post-214709-13813138651966_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813138652243_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813138652531_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813138652777_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813138653038_thumb.jpg

Edited by Suziecat

Winding down and getting ready to start a new week. I have a full schedule ahead of me. Busy, busy week.

Can someone actually eat ice cream for their meals and lose?

:ohmy: OH OH...let me answer this one.... OH, HELL NO they can't! :blush::) :wink2:

My head did not explode, it was a false alarm! Down to a dull ache.

That is so exciting about the wedding aand the countdown!!! I missed the countdown!!!

I need to do alot of cleaning since I didn't do any today!

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!!

We're back from our weekend. It was certainly a fun one. The Bobster did a great job this morning. I'm always proud when he gets so many compliments afterwards.

Jenn... I couldn't find any Shape Ups anywhere, but was told they were on QVC. I am on a 45 day waiting list for them. I tried regular Skechers on and got my size figured out at least. But thanks for offering to be my "sizer".

Tomorrow we will be working on the back yard getting it all ready for our annual choir cook out here. I have just a little bit of landscaping to do and we need to get the lawn mowed one last time. We've had so much rain, the Bobster has to mow the lawn every 3 days!!

It's 53 degrees and supposed to get down to 38 tonight!! There are frost advisories near by. The good news is that the temps are supposed to be in the upper 70's for most of the week to come. I need to get some more pool time in before we have to close it up.

Off to get ready for bed. Not Ethan tomorrow so I can sleep in as long as I want... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Everyone sleep well..

:blush: OH OH...let me answer this one.... OH, HELL NO they can't! :wink2: :) :ohmy:

Actually when I decide to do liquids, I normally am on ice cream diet.. and I do lose. :wink2: