Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Morning

Judy - I would be happy to pick you up a pr and send them, they are all over here..

Haydee. I am the same way, I had a bad couple days because I can't get past 191 and I think the same thing... I give up

But instead, I've been up for hours, had coffee, Had a nice chat with a friend on the phone, my freind just popped in to visit, having an egg and going for a walk, then taking my mom to the airport. Cheer and then home. I am 2 months on my wellbutrin and I have tons of energy and feel good, but the best part to me is that I feel like I can have emotions and that is important, sometimes you just need to have a good pitty party.. ya know.

Anyway, off to get dressed so I can be back for the airport

catch ya'll later

OK, I was down another .5 this morning. :blushing:

Jenn-thank you for letting me talk your ear off this morning! I really appreciate it....I needed that! :biggrin: So, who did you text? lol

it was TracyKS - OMG I did send a text back when i realized it was not my guy Tracy -but that was just so funny... he sends me stuff like a snowman doing things that I can't even speak of here... but never laughed so hard in my entire life...we have a sick friendship

OK, I was down another .5 this morning. :blushing:

There you go! Now was that so hard?? Great job (on the loss AND the positive comment)!! :biggrin:

Good morning!!

I started off August with the intentions to love myself more. I didn't do very well because I gained weight!! So September maybe I will work on self control? Supergluing my mouth shut? Somethings got to work doesn't it??? It all comes down to the fact that I am not putting in the effort!!!

New month, new motivation!! You can do it Janie... you know you can because you have before!! Take some time to figure out what self-motivation works for you.

I've been pondering this, too. I'm thinking: weigh 1x/week (Friday); take the aqua classes again (accountability to exercise) + weights; focus on 1 week at a time (plan menus, exercise); and then plan a non-food reward for each week of sticking to plan (this is not weight-goal dependent!) such as a mani, pedi, morning to hang out @ Borders, new song download, etc.

Put the effort in Janey... You need to. We all realize that this band is not "magic" and we need to work at it. I'm not the poster child of success so my opinion is probably worth zero but you seriously need to love yourself enough to want to get healthy. Be it counseling or just sucking it up and going out to meet new people or whatever it takes just to get you out of the house and moving... Maybe join a club? Like a theatre club or something? Or go to the Y to take classes? And find a buddy that you can account with? It's seriously helped me out tremendously to have someone to account to...

it was TracyKS - OMG I did send a text back when i realized it was not my guy Tracy -but that was just so funny... he sends me stuff like a snowman doing things that I can't even speak of here... but never laughed so hard in my entire life...we have a sick friendship

Send me the funny texts...I love (and need) a good laugh.

Good morning!!

I started off August with the intentions to love myself more. I didn't do very well because I gained weight!! So September maybe I will work on self control? Supergluing my mouth shut? Somethings got to work doesn't it??? It all comes down to the fact that I am not putting in the effort!!!

Be careful Jane, you may be accused of being too negative and ordered/challenged to say something positive. Never fear, I know where you are coming from and we all have a right to have our down days. I guess we just arent supposed to voice them here. I thought we could. I thought that is what it was all about.

It's all good though...(((hugs)))

Ok, I know I'm over-posting this morning, but... here's something I found that I thought I'd share... do with it what you will:

Step 1: Choose a goal Then ask yourself, “Do I really want it?” Make sure you’re not creating a goal to please someone else (i.e., going to Med school to make your parents happy, or learning a new language to impress your friends). If the answer is yes, that you really want to reach this goal, then write it below. Be specific and give yourself a deadline for meeting the goal, if possible.

Step 2: What will make my goal more appealing? If you want to exercise more often, you might write buy a new pair of sneakers or find a friend to exercise with you.

Step 3: Come up with the emotions that will help motivate you. For instance, if I don’t quit smoking I will worry about my health or if I find a new job I will be so much happier at work and home.

Step 4: List the obstacles and their solutions. If you think you lack the time to organize your closets, write, obstacle: time; solution: I will get up 20 minutes early two times a week until my closets look like a Real Simple cover.

Step 5: What other steps will help you achieve the goal? If you want to buy a new home, write down steps such as: call a mortgage broker, ask friends for the names of realtors, check on-line real estate listings twice a week.

Step 6: Call in reinforcements. List the people who can help you and how you will ask for their support. This could include your spouse, your kids, a best friend or even a coach or trainer

Step 7: Visualize your goal. Come up with a clear image of what you want to achieve—it may be a vision of yourself feeling invigorated after a workout, or a beautifully organized bedroom closet, or the new home you hope to buy with money you’ve saved.

Step 8: Create a mantra, a phrase you can say to yourself when you feel frustrated or ready to quit. For instance, no pain no gain or I won’t give up, no matter what.

Step 9: Promise yourself a reward. What will you give yourself when you complete your goal, or stages of your goal? Sometimes completion is the reward itself (like feeling thinner, finishing your thesis, or having a new home). Sometimes you need a perk to motivate you like a new pair of shoes, or a mini vacation.

Step 10: Refer to this worksheet. Put it in a place where you will see it everyday—by your bedside table, taped to your bathroom mirror, or on your bulletin board at work.

Be careful Jane, you may be accused of being too negative and ordered/challenged to say something positive. Never fear, I know where you are coming from and we all have a right to have our down days. I guess we just arent supposed to voice them here. I thought we could. I thought that is what it was all about.

It's all good though...(((hugs)))

wow Tracy. That was uncalled for. I think Michelle was only trying to help? Everyone comes on here good or bad and posts about what's going on with themselves. We all try to be supportive...

I definitely missed something, so I'm going to ignore it!!

I walked a billion miles around six flags, the fair, to the barns & horseshow & back.. with babe in tow. I posted pics on Facebook, I'll post them on his website too sometime today.

Had fun, but so damn tired and glad to be home.

The horse his dad bred & trained won the world championship.. the owner took it from him last year when he had bypass surgery since he couldn't work with him anymore (he use to show him and won several competitions before). It's bittersweet, they win a breeders' cup and some money, but didn't get the recognition and if his dad was in good health it would have been him down there riding the horse to the world championship.

We saw Shatner, and the Carson guy from queer eye. I took pics, I am tacky. Actually, the final night we were at seats away from his fam, so we were taking pics of them and Shatner's seat was behind them, so I could shamelessly take pics hah hah.

More tacky than all that, DAMN RUSSELL.... We get there and before we leave for the first show he goes 'you going to change?' I said uh.. no? And he goes, well people dress up. WHAT?! We're 6 hours from home and NOW he tells me we dress up. So I show up in jeans & t-shirts the whole time--- sitting next to people in gaudy jewelry, ball gowns, prom dresses, tuxes, the whole 9 yards. Thanks Russell. I was really emberassed, when we were walking around they thought I was just a fair person who wandered into the area, but then we go to our seats and the people religiously checked my tickets.. they're the owners tickets, and surely this girl in jeans and t-shirts isn't with owners.. pff. heh.

Congrats on the .5 tracy, .5 is a lot of hamburger meat!!

AND TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE FOR CARSON!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://web.waaytv.com/bom/profile.php?id=1774

Sounds like fun, Laura, altho, yeah, a little head's up on the attire would've been nice!

Go Carson!

uh, that sounds like something juan would have done. one time we went to this church thing at night and he failed to mention that it was a huge meeting of the cardinal and that all these priests from all over the world would be there. I was there in a tank top with a hoodie and faded jeans and faded converse. Everyone was decked out! I was so so embarrased. I wanted to hide but I didn't want to miss the event so I just sucked it up and sat up straight, LOL.

Oh and I loved all of Carson's pics. The one in the huge bed is my favorite!

Do you know if he's winning the baby contest or what??

Haydee c'mon now, you know I love ya sista but what was uncalled for? Speaking my mind? Hey, at least I worded it somewhat diplomatically. You should have seen what I was gonna put. Talk about self restraint to the 10th power! I changed a very ugly, R rated post into a PG post. lol, you should be proud of me! :biggrin:

And as far as the PM...uh, whatever.....(once again I am being nice)

Laura-Thank you!now that you put it that way...that IS alot of hamburger meat! :blushing:

No, i never meant not to speak your mind but to be snarky and to say that this board is just for butterflies and rainbows is what i meant as being uncalled for. I love you too trace but I feel like we are on here to be each other's cheerleaders in a way. If one of us is down I think one of us is gonna try bring us up. We all have days where we don't wanna hear the rainbow crap but that won't stop us from always being just supportive.

and yes, I want to hear the x-rated version of your post, LOL. I love me some x-rated.