Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

My DD, Manda taught Kinsey quite a bit of ASL, and now her boyfriends sister is totally deaf, as well as being otherwise physically and mentally handicapped, and they all sign. So his 2 kids and Kinsey got in trouble at dinner the other night for signing at one another and calling names!!!

She is still being taught in preschool, she is actually learning, the basics, like to count, and colors, basic commands in English, Spanish, Navajo, and ASL! She loves it.

BUT being the smart alec she can be, she thinks she can make up a word, and simply tell you what it is! Hard to explain, but like the other night, there was a neighbors dog running around and she told us his name was Deminiser or something like that. I said that is a wierd name, knowing she was making it up, and she calmly, very seriously tells me it means jumping brown dog in spanish! I told her no it did not, and she said in HER Spanish it did! So......she is not really getting that it is a different language I don't think. I guess she believes her teachers make it up as they go.

One of her teachers who is Navajo calls Kinsey Zahzho--which means smallest one, or youngest one. She wants that to BE her name. No more Kinsey, she wants to be Elzahzho. I am guessing the El come from a Spanish lesson! Who knows, but she is a bit confused!!!

Mom come through her surgery ok. She is groggy, and sore, and had some issues with being toooooo sleepy to breath well, so she had to stay awhile longer than expected, but is going to be ok. I am anxious to see her arms. She is of course bandaged completely, as well as having compression wraps and drains. Memories of my TT were really there, when I saw the drains! Same Dr. did her arms. He is still cute!

Jenn, if it is the fact that Kev is having the ability to walk away without any feelings involved that is bothering you, I think you are off base. He does not know you have a new firm resolve. He probably expects this too to pass, and be able to live same as he has been, so he has no reason to be upset. In order for that to sink in to him, you are going to have to show him you mean serious business this time.

Keep remembering, you are doing this for you and your kids, his caring or lack of caring has zip to do with any of it.

Haydee--lucky you!!! A private personal trainer for a friend!!! I think the cooking thing, and finding something that "sounds good" and hits the spot is what helped get us where we were! Rick would eat Cereal for dinner if I chose not to cook, he is soooo easy. But no, I let my taste buds guide me, then it was yummy so I ate....lots!!!

If someone else cooked for me, I would be so much better off! Occasionally Rick will suggest something, and it is not always something that sounds great to me! So I fix it, eat a small bit and go on. If I fix what sounds good to ME, I eat til I am stuffed!

The fact that you and Juan just fell into a new routine, when it was something that was for your health sounds GREAT!!

Off to pull the jalapenos from the oven. I am off early after taking care of Mom. So what did I do? Cooked something that sounded good! DUH!

Hi gals

I am strong this time. this is different... very different. I'm sad but happy because even if he thinks he is coming back, He has just given me the permission to move on Like I've been begging him to do for months now. I told him I would never leave but if he didn't want to be with me to let me go.

Enough of that, today is a good day. Going to the drive ins with the older kids to see Ugly Truth and Perfect Getaway and ds is staying with grammy.

Ok about the liquids.... well I have such great restriction that it put me post op, except once surgery swelling went down I got hungry. I did 1/2 cup servings of the chicken and cheese Soup 3x a day no more for another 10 days and now I'm on 1/4 cup shredded lettuce and 1.5oz tuna/chicken salad made with homemade ranch (low fat sour cream and ranch mix) No more high cal ranch and junk and 1/4 cup shredded cheese, it fills 1/2 of one of my tea cups and I have 1 egg for Breakfast and the tuna stuff for lunch and dinner. that has been about 10 days and I'm full... very full, no Snacks, no bad stuff and 8-10 glasses of Water a day. I have never had restriction like this.. Plus the mental part that I need to get to my happy spot so I can move on is a bonus too. Something to work for, and gets me out of bed.

Well, going to get ready to head out, love ya'll and thanks for the encouragement!

Kat - you might be right, but he may be in a rehab, he has been talking for a while about it, but either way... he could have let me know... I'm done

10 days of low sodium chicken broth and s/f pops...

How is that for Clear Liquids? ??

:)OMG what a scary thought! But worth thinking about! :) Somethings gotta give.

Tracyk...enjoying day 2!! BB is slowing down a bit, always does when school starts for me...but I LOVE JEFF! Did you see the fight? If not, put in Jeff and Russell fight on youtube...it is GOOD!

Looks like russell is finally gonna get his! lol I love it! Do you realize how many votes in the jury house he (Jeff) is gonna get for this one?

Thank you Pam!! I've been trying to spam it wherever I can LOL. Hopefully your rolodex is bigger than mine, I need 150 more votes to catch up to some baby names Abigail!!

In the baby forum I am in (I'm in a group like this, but for women who had babies in April.. how funny is that!), one of the girls lost her baby this past week to SIDs. I have actually been trying to forget about SIDs because it's makes me over-paranoid and have anxiety attacks.. but for it to happen to her, it's got me all nervous all over again. He was born April 10, and just died during an afternoon nap. And looking at her other posts, she was just recently saying how he's learned to roll over, tries to sit up, etc... just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine. I don't want to imagine.

Jenn, That is so awesome. I admire your strength.

Home from work and very tired. I actually got in the pool today and did exercises. It felt so good. I'm glad I enoyed it because it's only going to be in the 70's the rest of the week. I miss summer already.

I know exactly the fear you are dealing with Laura. When Manda was born, a friend had a baby boy 2 months before---and lost him to SIDS at 5 months old. I had only recently got Manda to sleep through the night, and suddenly I was up waking HER up all through the night.

I am so sorry for your friend and her family, and also for you and the others whose lives had been connected. It is a scary thing.

Gives you FULL understanding of the statement that to be a Mom means your heart now lives OUTSIDE your body.....hugs

Laura -- that is just AWFUL!!! I did a research paper on SIDS in college and it's hard to believe they've made so little progress in understanding it. I'm so very sorry for your friend :)

Jenn - I'm thinking about you and hoping your day is better.

I just got back from one of the many training sessions I'll be taking this next month so that I can work the hotline at the Houston Area Women's Center (domestic and sexual abuse, shelter, advocacy, etc.). Tonight's session was so interesting. I know I'm really going to get into this. I've wanted to work there for years and years and finally am in a position to do it. 74 hours of training, too... isn't that cool?

More tomorrow.....I'm BEAT. XOXO

Good evening!!

Laura I am going to send you an email, my mom said she would vote, but can't figure out how to send the exact link. I promise she won't spam you!!

Night all

just getting in from the movies.

Terry - The daytime is not the hard time, it is the nights that when I start thinking. I got in late so I didn't finish family court stuff, I'll do it in the morning. I just can't do it at night when I'm already sad.

I am sad now but exhausted so I hope I sleep

thanks all

xoxoxo

Morning Girls. I hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to work.

Good morning, Violets.

Ethan arrived a half hour early this morning so it's going to be a long day till 5 p.m. Then first choir rehearsal of the season. It can't be possible that the summer is just about over.

Everyone have a great day and be good to yourselves.

HI everyone

going to be nice today and then I think Fall is going to be here. I'm going to close the pool by LABOR Day, which is sad, but I'm not going to pay to keep it running, only going to be 73 by next week. so sad, I'm just getting into the Water aerobics thing.

nm going on here today, think I'm just going to enjoy my last couple days of pool.

Have a great day

Morning girls~

So sad to hear about Ted Kennedy's passing...I actually cried a few real tears (must be my TOM). He was a true humanitarian...and he will be missed :)

Susanne is getting ready to go to her moms for a few days in Phoenix. I am working full time now, and I encourage her to spend some good time w/ mom. She is LUCKY to have her...and should enjoy these moments!

I am sooo excited! I am driving in my OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS w/ my doc. degree posted to them to the district office!!!!! BRING ON THE RAISE!

I also think (still crossing my fingers) that I will get to teach 2 sessions of English Lang. Dev.!!! Right now, I am slated to teach 6th grade self contained; that is Lang. Arts, math and Science/Soc.Studies. BUT...IF I GET MY WAY, I will teach Lang. Dev to two groups instead of having one all day! AND THE BEST PART IS I will get to teach High Point!! High Point is the curriculum I did my entire dissertation on!!! HELLO!!! BRING IT ON! I will let you know this afternoon if it goes my way!

Everyone have a FANFREAKINTASTIC DAY!!!