Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good morning, Violets..

A beautiful day here weatherwise. Roomie and Roomie.. thanks for the happy fluffies last night. I don't know what I'm going to do about church. Bob has been advised not to attend during this whole hub bub, so I won't be able to worship with him for 7 months, at least. I was looking forward to he and I being in church together in our retirement. There are others in my choir who are considering not attending anymore, so that is another concern. We have a great choir, the strongest program in the church and now it's going to be less. I just don't know.

So much for venting.

The good news is, it is supposed to be 85 today and I don't have Ethan so I'm spending my afternoon in and around the pool.

Larua.. I was the 100th vote for Carson today. Wooo hooo! Do I get a prize??????

TracyK.. keep eating healthy and you'll see results like Jenn. (and I need to listen to my own advice!!) Needless to say my eating has not been the best throughout this church ordeal.

Well the show is no longer ongoing, they had an episode the night before he popped into the news for murder and they took it off... boo. My mom has an interesting theory, they said a pretty blonde checked him in the hotel in Canada and left 20m later, then he was found hung the next day.... what if the pretty blonde was Megan! And maybe he killed his wife so he could be with Megan.. dun dun dun.

Kat, that was a real show, I saw it too..was some forensic show where they show how much we can do with technology these days!

OH.. and we've decided we're going to teach Carson sign language. I've 'heard' about how you can teach them to sign before they can talk; never known anyone to do it. I am on a forum for people who had babies when I did, and a lot of them said they are doing it for their new baby and have done it for their now older children and really liked being able to communicate early, etc. So I asked Russ about it (who took ASL in college, he's always liked sign language), and ironically this weekend when he was with his friends, the guy whose house they went to--they have a 2 year old and taught her sign. They showed Russ the book they used; which was the same book the forum recommended. So I ordered it, you start at 6m, so I am very excited!

You get a cookie Judy! No wait, you get a lemony blueberry-y cupcake, with liner.

Edited by FairyFacade

oooohh Laura, that sounds very interesting... Keep sharing your parenting tips, very informative!

is Carson already six months?? oh my he's growing up so fast!

No, he's just over 4m, but I figure we'll need to learn some of it before we teach him, so I want to check the book out early!

My parents were both deaf, but both could talk, so they didn't teach my brother and I sign language. As a grown up I kept telling my mother that I regretted that she didn't teach it to us. Soooo I took a couple of classes and always taught my kindergarten students to sign the pledge, color words, vocab words and some songs. When I got a book my students made for my retirement, lots of them mentioned that the thing they remembered from Kindergarten was learning sign language. I have taught Ethan some signs and gave Kris the signing book for a shower gift. Grady is 6 months old in a week, so I'll have to remind her to start using the signs.

Sooo, good for you Laura!!!!

I learned the alphabet in Middle school (all my friends did) when we had to wait for busses or at lunch, some reason we weren't allowed to talk..so we learned to spell to each other. Russ took ASL in college, so he knows some basic words.. probably what I'll learn in this book (he knows mom, dad, that kind of stuff).

That's interesting about your parents Judy, I would have thought they'd teach you sign language...

Let me know how it goes with Grady!

Laura, when my neice came over from the Ukraine, she was only 15 months, but they taught her sign language, not sure why, but I remember her signing thank you, more and drink. She still is precious, but when she was that little, oh my gosh!!!!!

Aunt Flo came for a visit this morning, ouch!!

Got up took some advil and now all is fine.

I am off to do some things before work!!

That's interesting about your parents Judy, I would have thought they'd teach you sign language...

Let me know how it goes with Grady!

Back in those days, there was a big debate about whether to use sign language or lip reading. My mom was not taught sign language until she went to the Flint School for the Deaf. There she was not allowed to use lip reading and had to learn signing on the spot. My dad never did well with signing, but he was slow in most things. So, when the kids came along, the rest of the family thought it better to use lip reading only. It was a very interesting childhood.

thanks girls

most of the time I am ok, it just hurts that he can just walk away and never see or talk to us again....

anyway, just worked and stopped up to the building we did, got invited to a party friday night, kind of far away but might go.

off to get my hair cut. bbl

Jenn-give me your definition of clear liquids...pretty please

10 days of low sodium chicken broth and s/f pops...

How is that for Clear Liquids? ??

10 days of low sodium chicken broth and s/f pops...

How is that for clear liquids? ??

OMG...that sucks. Then again, that is why I am fat. Good on you Jen!!

I was up at 4.30 and at the gym at 5. We stayed until 6 and while I am not at 30 min yet...I will be by Friday or Sat! I love that I exercise, and have fair restriction, Breakfast is usually granola and yogart, lunch is ususally meat (today went to mex place w/ friends from work and had two carne asado tacos, no tortilla) and dinner I can do meat and sal. I will order a burger while we are out, and just say no bread. So, it is hit and miss for me. My ass MUST exercise. I am a better partner and better teacher when I exercise. I sleep better too. I'll work on the food thing:biggrin::thumbup:

I know I suck at personals, but I do love you all.

Judy, hope you are feeling more relaxed after the pool!

Jen, you deserve better...and once you realize that for real...EVERYTHING will pick up!

Laura...I am voting everyday and am gonna post it on my fb page so my friends will vote too (hopefully)

Tracyk...enjoying day 2!! BB is slowing down a bit, always does when school starts for me...but I LOVE JEFF! Did you see the fight? If not, put in Jeff and Russell fight on youtube...it is GOOD!

Michelle...your busy day does not sound like any 'ME' time. I was thinking more along the lines of, pedi's, manis, movies, coffee/cocktails w/ girlfriends, spa day. You should really work on that ME day stuff! :)

OK...gotta go check something for Walden. I am teaching a new class this term...which is good for me!

xoxoxoxo