Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Michelle, you are not alone. I didn't eat ice cream (no sugar today, but it is early still), but just PB/puked up a whole wheat casadilla. When will I learn that I have a freakin' band for a reason. I did DQ last night, AFTER I PB'd on pizza...2.5 peices, and 2 full pukes! HUUMMMM do I see a pattern here. I suck!

Jen posted what she ate yesterday and I would be STARVING if that is all I ate. More power to ya sista...

OK, Kelly is coming over w/ her dissertation for help! So glad I can be on this side of things and help her!

Have a good night...gonna have some Hamburger Helper and a salad tonight. We'll see...we have Sherbert in the freezer! OH NO!

What is up with the ice cream?

Don't make me and Judy come over there a spank you girls.

Home from work and extremely tired. That's what crying will do to you.

Another high voltage day here. I think this is my new diet.

Have my family keep me so stressed out that I can't eat. I tried a bowl of cottage cheese and pineapple and only got half of it down. I did get to eat the rest of it when I got home. At this rate, I'll be 125 pounds by Thanksgiving.

today i was so very bad

shake for lunch then went to applebees

got a chicken wrap and ate 1/2 of it and a few fries and at 9:30 at night just finished the other 1/2

that was probably 2 days of calories, no eating out tomorrow! I'm going to grill some chicken again for a salad.

i feel like such a pig

oh forgot i had a few chips with spinach dip...

Tracy, really like your hair!!

I am tired. Thanks for all your replies to my text!

Kat, I ordered two bottles of hand creme, it is 16 oz and is like 15 or 16 a piece. If you want both fine, if not I will keep it myself. Either way is no big deal. Usually when I order it comes in the following Friday. Let me know how many you want and you can pay me when you get them.

food, I wonder what I have in the house...........

Yep Jane, I'll take 'em!! LOL Let me know how much---and I'll send a check your way---I am so excited, TY TY TY!!! This handcream she sent me did such wonders with my cuticles! The paper and all the files, along with the sanitizer, and constant hand washing at work was killing my hands. It was like night and day the first time using it!

Heather, you and Laura are talking about sizing in baby clothes---it is terrible!

A couple of weeks ago, we were going to a family thing, and Kinsey was wearing a dress, so I told her to go in to "her" drawer at my house and get a pair of shorts--pink ones--to put on under her dress. I told her then she could swing and play without showing her panties. So off she goes and she comes in and Manda says "lemmee see" so she pulls up her dress, and Manda frowns and asks where she got those, she hadn't seen them. Kinsey said they were in the bottom drawer. Manda looks at them, her eyes widen, she pulls her over and looks at the tag--she is WEARING them quite nicely--fitted, but not tight...and they are Newborn 5-7 pounds!!! They were from an outfit she had when she was a baby!!! She is 4 1/2 YEARS old!!! And about 22 pounds heavier than the recommended 5-7 pounds!!! So, look at it, and guess, because their sizing is ridiculous!!!

Terry----believe me,the 20 odd pounds has come off slowly!!! Since I finally got off the steroids. I wish it was a fast slide back down, but it has not been! And even with it going, I am flabby beyond belief, so am going to HAVE to get with the program, or I will never get back to my other clothes, even if the scale says the old #. Sucky but true.

Suzanne I am so sorry you are going through this with your family. I know it is so hard, addiction is such a horrible thing. My brother was a raging alcoholic for years, and we all walked on eggshells, not trying to be enabling, but we were all afraid of losing him, and being the one that said the crappy thing to him before he did something that cost him his life. Sounds extreme, but he had come so close to dying in the accident years before, it was like we had that thought in our minds at all times. And we just wanted to be sure if something happen, we were not going to regret our words forever.

I know why your nephew is with you, I just forgot who and why else is living with you and DH.

I hope DH "gets it" and figures out how to walk away and take a breather. I understand where he is at----his turf is invaded in a big way and his wife is stressed----he wants it to be better, but is only making matters worse.....just like a man isn't it!!! LOL

TracyKS---like the new haircut!!! New start!

I would keep the letter, making sure his family sees it, so they might be watching in case his anger is now turned to someone else, and can be prepared.

Tracy---I had a little girl in the office who reminded me so much of the pictures of Macy---I was expecting her to talk with a Tracy like accent, and was totally disappointed when she didn't!

Hey everyone else---I miss ya! Judy, Michelle, Pamela, Jenn, Haydee.......HUGS!

Morning.

Gtting ready to do my short shift. Good news is I lost 1.7 pounds. Bad news is I don't hink I'm going to make the -5 for the month. Sorry girls.

80 degrees for the day. I love it.

Have a great day.

LOVE IT, TracyKS!!

& now, in other news... I ate a quart of ice cream this afternoon... all by myself... just me & a spoon... surprised I bothered w/the spoon... many psychological reasons why... I may never learn... blech.

Don't do that again. Get your crap together and kick ass!!!! :thumbup:
Home from work and extremely tired. That's what crying will do to you.

Another high voltage day here. I think this is my new diet.

Have my family keep me so stressed out that I can't eat. I tried a bowl of cottage cheese and pineapple and only got half of it down. I did get to eat the rest of it when I got home. At this rate, I'll be 125 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Suzie - I don't know what to say exactly except that I'm getting pretty worried about you. WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR YOU??? You are just taking on too much. Enough is enough!!!
Kat, I ordered two bottles of hand creme, it is 16 oz and is like 15 or 16 a piece. If you want both fine, if not I will keep it myself. .......
What is the name of this miracle cream??? I must know.

Tracy - LOVE the hair!!! Have you ever had it that short before? There's no going back now!! How are you doing, sister? All quiet? I sure hope so.

All this talk about ice cream and PB's reminds me that I think I like my (lack of) restriction right now. My head's in a good place (for once) and I can eat effortlessly -- grilled chicken, any fruit, any salad or veggies, etc. I had such a long list of things I couldn't eat and it was a constant battle. I think I'll stay here for awhile and see how I do now that I'm going to the gym, eating well and not drinking (near as much). I'm down 1.5# this week and it's only Wednesday. So far, so good.

Well, I didn’t exercise yesterday but I did walk into the gym to see childcare facilities with Ayla (they want to upgrade my membership from 36 to 57 to provide free daycare, yikes). There was a grandmother type in there that ooohhed an awwwed over the baby . . . that might be a good sign. I need to decide if I will go enough to justify the extra 21 bucks a month. I also went to the bike shop to look at baby seats and to get my flat tire fixed. Ayla is too small to ride safely with me but next year will be fine. Getting my bike back on two good tires will ease the possibility of just going for a spin when my dh is home to babysit.

So for not exercising, I feel like I made progress in adjusting my mindset towards it. That must count for something right?

I think my scale is broken. I was 148 2 days ago, 150 yesterday and 145 today. I am not sure it can possibly fluctuate that much although TOM did just start.

TracyinKS, I love the new cut. It looks great on you.

Michelle, You aren’t the only one who has fallen into an ice cream hole lately (DQ Tagalong Blizzards, aaarrgghh). Just move on if you can, it happened and now it is done (at least that is what I keep telling myself). I agree about confession. When I have to physically write down what I eat . . . I notice myself starting to avoid foods that I know I don’t want to write down.

Suzanne, I really feel for what you are going through. I was raised in a house of addiction which was always a storm of uncertainty and malcontent as a child. I know how it feels and I wouldn’t wish it upon my worst enemy. I hope things get much better with less drama very soon. I agree with Terry, you need to do something for you in a low stress-relaxing environment to get some grounding back.

Kat, 20 pounds is awesome no matter how long it took. Congratulations, you give me renewed hope. :lol:)

I know the grass is always greener on the other side...but I'd kill for a rainy day!

I love, love, love rainy days . . . especially with a big storm and lots of thunder and lightening. Perfect for either reading in a comfortable spot with a cup of tea or just watching the storm. :thumbup:

Morning gals

just finishing my coffee getting ready to go for my walk before the storms hit here

Today show is on San Anotnio..... the mexican place we ate at was on there.... I so want to go back

shoot be back

Getting ready to head off to work. Overcast here as well, hope it rains. Yesterday it tried, thunder and lightning, and heat so severe, the rain never made it to the ground! It knocked out the power at work---the computers and refrigerators (tests) are all on battery backup but the AC was not---oh man it got hot in a hurry!!!

Then the wind was whipping so hard it was a massive dust bowl outside. I walked out sweaty from the lack of AC, and into the sand---I was covered, it was soooo gross, I come straight home into the shower, while Rick cooked dinner!!! Yes, on his own, with no prompting. He just made burgers, but he did it on his own, and sliced the tomatoes and onions, and had a salad---was good enough for me!!!

I was just watching on GMA as they put someone to sleep for surgery using the same meds they say Michael Jackson had used in the IV----wow. I am not going to use it as a sleep aid!

I slept wrong and my neck and left shoulder are killing me! It is like my head weighs too much to hold up. And the weight of my bra strap on my shoulder area hurts too---all those muscles are just tight. Should make work fun!

Well I am going to get my stuff together to go....get my iced tea, and phone---all the necessities!

See y'all tonight, everyone have a good day. Remember you are all worth good decisions, not based on weight, but based on staying healthy for you and for those you love that love you....like us!

Thank you, friends, for not letting me off the hook yesterday -- that is EXACTLY what I want & need -- tough love!

Today is fresh... I'm enjoying a cup o' joe in my "I love my Violets..." mug (thanks, Laura), which is a great visual to keep me me strong. Then I'll put my water bottle in my koozie, & I have Judy's garden rock on a shelf next to my computer... I'll utilize all these talismans to keep me on the straight & narrow today.

Smooches!

I do love my new shorter do.......

My sister has come over the last two nights to prime and paint........ working on my super girly bedroom....

Yesterday, DH called and stated that it would be better if he just walked away from both of us... (I'm still processing it)

Mainly what I feel is PEACE and relief to no longer live in a war zone.

I'm eating cheezits with my coffee...... :thumbup:

TRACY... put the cheezeits down... lol

you look great and are strong ... i know it is not easy

i've been dealing with my own nightmare, this seems to be the summer for testing our strengths.. in different ways..

back from walk, 85 and tropical here and walked faster than ever, im sweating but have to leave for speech