Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Pamela-I am ready for Ronnie to leave too. I wanna keep Russell around for drama. I cheated and looked to see who was nominated and won the veto. What is gonna happen?? lol

LOL Tracy, I peaked too! I hope he backdoors Ronnies ass...someone should have some follow through. I like Jeff, Casey, and Lydia (or Lydiot as bbchatter folks call her) is interesting, for now. Russ is good for drama, but I think he is a bully. Should be interesting to see when he is on the block.

Well, we've gone skinny dipping, or chunky dunking as the case may be, twice already today. Now I am going to read my book, The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder, by Rebecca Wells (ala YaYa author). I just finished my other book yesterday and started this yesterday and so far I love it. I just ordered two books this morning, The Glass Castle and Bag Lady Wars. Can't wait...should get 'em Wed. Summer is great isn't it!

oxoxxoxoxo

Glass Castle is great.. read it last year. My recent read & recommendation is The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie -- it's an offbeat mystery w/a precocious 11yo genius main character & sleuth. Entertaining!

I'm now re-reading the 6th Harry Potter, so I can refresh my memory of how the story actually went after seeing the movie (which is good, but leaves out important chunks of the book that I maintain are necessary for a clear conclusion in the last movie(s)... which is why I'm re-reading it.) As my friend said, "Michelle wants to make sure her "righteous indignation" is actually righteous"... lol... I know they can't put in EVERYthing from the books (yikes!), but when they do follow the book, I want them to actually follow it (duh). I know, way too picky about it!! <shrug>

I am waiting for Aug 6 & the movie "Julie & Julia" to come out! Still need to go see "Up".

Every teacher needs to read Glass Castles. I can't wait for Julie/Julia to come out either. We are watching Last Chance Harvey tonight. It's been a very yucky day today. Rain, sun, rain, clouds, rain and more rain. 65 degrees and I'm ready to close the windows to keep it warm in here. I had a longgggg nap with the pets today and now it's time for dinner.. pork chops and potato salad, cabbage and corn. Hope the Protein stays down!

My recent read & recommendation is The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie -- it's an offbeat mystery w/a precocious 11yo genius main character & sleuth. Entertaining!.

I just had this one sent to Bob's Kindle. Thanks for the recommendation.

I just wrote the most self destructing post. I erased it. I am not posting it. I really am not in a bad place, just had some bad thoughts in my mind about the band. You guys are the best!!!

I love your tatoo Jenn!!!!!!!

I read Glass Castle earlier this year and passed it on to my Granny. We both loved it!

My latest read was Night by Elie Wiesel.. true story of a man going through the holocaust. Was a short book, read it in 2 hours, cried my eyes out.

I read My Sister's Keeper before that. Loved that too, it was so long.. when I get sucked into a book I love, I want to read till it's done, but I couldn't because of how long it was.. spent many nights up too late because I just couldn't put it down. Now I want to see the movie, since I hear it has a different ending.

Thanks for the recommendation Michelle, I am out of books to read (I only read based off of recommendations, via friends or Amazon these days). That will be my next read!!

Judy since you use Kindle, did you see how some book (I forget now, I want to say 1984), decided they didn't want to be on Kindle anymore so Amazon deleted them from everyone's Kindle? It was such a stink because when you buy on Kindle you BOUGHT the book.. that's like them coming in your home and stealing your book. Thought that was interesting!

Stupid question alert: (I know you are all shocked)

What is Kindle?

My book recommendation is Made in the USA by Billie Lutz. That was really good. I wouldn't recommend my last two books to anyone...they were good but not great. So far the new one Calla Lily is slow...hope it picks up!

You don't know what a Kindle is??????? It's an electronic book put out by Amazon. You buy books and they are instantly, electronically put on the Kindle. I heard about 1984, Laura. I'm going to check it out. Bob says you can still buy it on Amazon, so I'll see what I can find out.

Found the info.. interesting..

Thousands of people last week discovered that Amazon had quietly removed electronic copies of George Orwell's 1984 from their Kindle e-book readers. In the process, Amazon revealed how easy censorship will be in the Kindle age. In this case, the mass e-book removals were motivated by copyright . A company called MobileReference, who did not own the copyrights to the books 1984 and Animal Farm, uploaded both books to the Kindle store and started selling them. When the rights owner heard about this, they contacted Amazon and asked that the e-books be removed. And Amazon decided to erase them not just from the store, but from all the Kindles where they'd been downloaded. Amazon operators used the Kindle wireless network, called WhisperNet, to quietly delete the books from people's devices and refund them the money they'd paid.

An uproar followed, with outraged customers pointing out the irony that Amazon was deleting copies of a novel about a fascist media state that constantly alters history by changing digital records of what has happened. Amazon's action flies in the face of what people expect when they purchase a book. Under the "right of first sale" in the U.S., people can do whatever they like with a book after purchasing it, including giving it to a friend or reselling it. There is no option for a bookseller to take that book back once it's sold.

Jane-if I can not be negative, neither can you. Even though sometimes I think I would have been better off with a labotomy....LOL....we just wont discuss it, k? :thumbup:

Hi Girlz,

Sorry I've been AWOL! My head has been in such a strange place ever since Evan got home and especially since we're back in our old routine after Colorado. I never expected such stress and anxiety to fill my days and nights...and he's not doing anything wrong! He's looking for work and going to meetings, he's doing his chores and is home by 10:30 at night when out with his girlfriend. I've been attending Al-Anon meetings and Hannah's been attending with me and/or going to Alateen. When I'm home I spend most of my computer time on a 'recovery' message board learning all I can. I guess you could say that I'm expecting the best but (getting) prepared for the worst. Relapse is just a natural part of this whole addiction thing.

Part of my own recovery is to learn to focus on MY life and take care of MY side of the street and not be worried about Evan so much. I'm learning that worry isn't going to change the outcome and I can't control him or his addiction in any shape fashion or form...so all I can do is work on ME and MY reactions to whatever life throws my way. I'm also defining some boundaries which is also very helpful.

And in the meantime I've come to terms with my own addiction: CARBS and specifically chocolate. :thumbup: So I woke up this morning and said to myself: JUST FOR TODAY I will not have any sugar! And I haven't! It hasn't even really been a struggle.

I have gained a couple pounds in the last month and now my clothes are starting to feel way too snug for my comfort. I've gained 8# since last summer and usually have to bump up a size at 10#. I've just been noticing that my clothes don't look good on me anymore. These 10# have GOT TO GO because I just don't feel good at this weight...PERIOD.

I finally went by the gym and signed up today! It felt sooooo good to get in a workout, I can't even explain it. I hopped on my same ol' elliptical and plugged in my iPod and within seconds I was feeling almost euphoric. Worked on the stationary bike and also went for a swim and in the hot tub. It was so nice to get out of my own head for an hour or so and just concentrate on breathing and moving my body. It really cleared my head. I'm looking forward to sleeping much better also.

It's been a weird summer but we're hanging in there!

Hannah is doing much better now, too. Her dad is still being an idiot and that's sad, but she seems to be handling it alright for now. She'll start a new school in a month and is getting a little jittery over that.

So..... all is well...just takin' care of business!

I'll do some catching up on posts tomorrow. My boss is gone for 6 weeks!!:skep: :) :)

Edited by TerriDoodle

You inspired me Terry :skep:

Tomorrow I am going to go all day without sugar. I have been thinking about it all week since my last fill. The band isn't helping me right now, but I'm also not helping me. I have NEVER been a fan of chocolate, but since being pregnant I am addicted to Hershey chocolate bars. I swear I have at LEAST 1 a day. It disgusts me, and I don't know why I still crave them all the time. Remember ya'll found a wrapper at the house lol. I always have one on me. I gotta stop this crap. I need the band working on other aspects (binge eating in general) but I need to start making good choices. I have told you guys, I just need to apply it.. you can kick sugar addiction. I just gotta take the first step.. I guess with the band not working, and not being able to move the scale I just say screw it. I'm up to 263, that means I've gained 15lbs since our trip. Definitely not heading in a good direction. I hate my weight right now, I don't feel sexy at all and that drives me nuts. When I was 330lb I felt like a diva, and now since I've had the first taste of my life of feeling average (at 212lb), now I just make myself sick looking at me. :thumbup:

Hey Girls~

Terry and Laura...you inspired me. We are going to the gym in the morning if it kills me. i really need to get back into the swing of things. And count calories. It really is simple: calories in = calories out...input / output! I can do it! I suck at the eating thing...but at least when I am working out...I feel better!

thanks girls! Love you guys...off to go look at Kindle!

Jane, don't ever feel like you can't post anything here. Sometimes the best thing to do is to get things out of you, get it off your chest. Release the ugly thoughts and cast them aside. That's why a good cry is so cleansing, it helps release all the crap. We are here to help each other, not to judge you. I hope you have a better day.

Judy, so cold there, when does summer start for you? It actually has been on the cool side here also. Weird summer. I was in the pool several times and at one point my bottom lip started quivering. It's only been in the lower 80's and will be remaining there for all of this week also.

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in 2 weeks. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I do have my work cut out for me to make my -5lbs for the month. I might be able to make it. Wish me luck.

Laura, back away from the choc. bars. Give them to Russell if you need to.

Everyone have a great day,