Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Well Pam, that sounds about right....and you're actually coherent in your post so you must not be taking any strong pain meds! It took me 24 hrs just to snap out of the anesthesia which always kicks my butt. You're gonna look a lot worse today!!! LOL.... it's pretty horrifying but amazing that it all goes away in such a short time!! Hang in there! Love you!

Yesterday was our 8 yr anniversary so we went to dinner. I had 2 glasses of wine and behaved totally -- no bread, no dessert. Had chicken marsala and spinach for dinner. :juggle: But THEN when I got home I had to "white knuckle it" to resist diving into the chocolate! I did resist but finally decided to hell with it, I'm just going to bed...and I did.

I've long suspected there was a correlation between drinking and eating sweets. The alcohol lowers my resistance to temptation AND heightens my cravings for sweets.

Hmmmph.

I don't know what kept me out of that chocolate last night but I do remember mumbling in my head: "Just for today...." I guess it worked.

Good going, Terry. I would've just shouted "Pelican! Pelican!" & dived right in!

I'm sorry, Pammie, but:

I have a big ass diaper thing strapped to my chin, w/ maxi pads in the strap for compression...

imagining this visual cracked me up!! But laughter is good for healing (or something like that), so it's all good. Take it easy, follow doc's orders, be nice to nurse Susanne!!

Regular day here today... make it a good one, gals!

Morning gals

Kat - that is horrible, that poor guy, you and your family are in my prayers

Pamela - can't wait to see pics, and I am sure it is all going to be worth it. xoxo

Terry - Besides the horrrible hangover I get when I drink wine, i eat out of control, worse than out of control, so i give you an A+++ on going to bed.

I have my appt this moning, I so need to go, but i don't think i need a fill, i think I am going to ask for an initial packet so i can get the post surgery diet and follow that for 2 weeks again to jump start and get me back into shape, I need a paper in front of me, i can't go on memory, obviously that doesn't work.

well, off to cook my mac pie for dd's birthday lunch with my sister, oh it is so yummy, it came from my dad's family tree and I am down to making it once a year because we would eat it all, and of course my dad's family being from the south, ya know it can't be all that good for you. LOL

coffee is gone, guess i should get moving if i'm going to walk before my crazy day.

Hope you all have a good day

my thoughts and prayers are with those who need them

OMG I went to put the mac in the oven and someone put the rack in the wrong way, i thought i could make it over the lip but it was so heavy and it slid, thank god had a cookie sheet under it but it is not going to be the same, i am so upset, and had a huge mess of milk and egg to clean up that ran off the cookie sheet onto the floor. I am not going to walk this morning, i'll have to go tonight, my entire morning is off now... UGH

Good morning, Violets..

Just checking in. Ethan is here for the day and he's playing Wii right now. Sun is shining and it's supposed to get to 75 so hopefully some pool time today. Yesterday was two rehearsals, a church meeting and then fishing with Kris and Nathan. The boat motor fizzled so we paddled back in and went fishing off the shore. No luck, but it was a nice evening anyway.

Eating has been good.. no ice cream.. only sugar is some life savers.

PamELa.. glad you're done with the procedure. Anxiously awaiting pictures.

TracyK.. where are you????

Terry... happy anniversary and congrats on avoiding the chocolate.

Off to find some breakfast...

Everyone have a great day.. Be good to yourselves.

Rude awakening this morning to the realization that at some point the power must have flickered in the night, and my battery back up on the alarm is shot as well! Rick and I were snoozing so good, the storm last night brought in some cooler weather, when all of a sudden he bolts upright and says a bad word. Brought me out of my warm and snuggly place quite quickly! He raced around and was out the door. It would have been normal time for me to get up pretty much, and we usually are chatting before the alarm goes off, but it was kinda darker than normal, and cool and just perfect sleeping in weather....just the wrong day unfortuately!

Pamela, hope today is less painful than it is going to look. Just keep in mind how it is going to look soon!

My Mom is having her arms done in a couple of weeks. It is a genetic thing, and we have HUGE arms, that the fat pad eventually drops over the elbow. She would never spend the $$$ on it, then when she got this unexpected inheritance, we convinced her to do something she wanted that she refused to use retirement $$$ on! The PS told her with the type of weight gain in her arms, she could get down to 89 pounds and not have body fat ANYWHERE else, and there would be a pad of fat there--he said there is no effective way to help a muscle in that area to make it "defined" fat, it is just there, and if you are genetically disposed to the type of thing WE have then it is the only way to get rid of it. So as soon as the rest of my debt is paid, I am starting to save for it.

I have several errands to run before work, and all involve money flowing like water....sucks in a major way!

I gotta go get my allergy drops in my eyes, I am miserable, wish the corn would finish tasselling everywhere and my eyes would be almost normal again.....grrrrrrr

Sorry about your pie Jenn, I dumped a fresh baked one perfectly upside down in the floor one time. I so wanted to jump up and down in the middle of it, had to settle for saying bad words....

Suzanne - thinking good thoughts for a good outcome to your problem! That sucks that you have a leak but I think that's easily fixable...

Pammy! I wish I could see you with the maxi pad on, LOL. Sending you get well vibes!

Terry - WOW on the no chocolate! That's freaking awesome...

Judy - 75 sounds simply divine... Did you hear that Seattle got up to like 108 yesterday?? Last night at 9pm it was still 103. I wonder what people did? I know A/C is not standard up there. People must be miserable...

Jenn - that sucks about your pie! One time I made 100 little bitty fruit tarts. Took me hours to do them... Well I had them all laid out on those large cookie trays and I had stacked them up and I asked Juan to take them out to the car and he tripped on something while walking across the lawn and my fruit tarts went flying everywhere! I wanted to cry!

Kat - my bat wings bother me to no end. Even when I work out my arms I feel like it doesn't do anything... But oh well... I'm stuck with them, lol.

I had a wonderful dinner last night with an old friend from this board. She's doing awesome but is wanting to get back into the routine of Water and excersice that we are all struggling with. It's not hard but I don't know why I can't get a routine going... AGAIN, I'm gonna start writing down what goes in my mouth. Sigh... I want to be normal sized for my wedding...

Pam, you have been through the worst of it and it only gets better from here. Don't worry at all about what you look like today, it improves quickly.

I had skin cancer on the side of my nose near my right eye, had surgery to remove it and reconstruct the area. They didn't tell me what to expect the next day (they did say swelling and some bruising, but not of the exxxtreeemmmee variety I experienced). I hid in my bedroom for 2 days because I was afraid of scaring my family, lol. My face blew up like a balloon. Now you can't even tell unless I am under superbright lights with no makeup on. I can't wait to see your after pictures as the new and improved Dr. Pamela. :0)

Jenn, that sucks about the pie. I have been there, done that and have no intentions of being in that situation again, lol. At least you were able to salvage it. :0)

No ice cream yesterday or dessert . . . hoorrayyy. I had a healthy dinner of shrimp and tons of steamed broccolli yesterday. The baby had horrible gas problems all night (from both ends) and couldn't sleep. Someone told me this morning that the broccoli I ate probably did it to the baby. Do you think that could be true?

I am still holding at 145 this morning eventhough it is TOM. It is still weird because I usually go up several pounds during TOM. If I can maintain it for a week . . . I might just have to call it real and update my ticker. A girl can always dream, right???

Someone told me this morning that the broccoli I ate probably did it to the baby. Do you think that could be true?

Most definitely!!!

Hey girls,

I sent you all the pic in the email. I tried to post it, but couldn't. It is yesterdays pic...so I look very swollen. And for some reason, it is upside down.

I did take the pain meds yesterday, and may take one today. I HATE pain meds, but have enjoyed the valuim! He gave me another one while I was on the table! I was NOT put out. I had a 10 mg valium and then local.

I slept on the couch and faired pretty well. I was up from 1-2 w/ frozen baggies of blackberries on my eyes. I have an appointment at 9am and can not wait to have them take off this diaper. this morning I woke up and one of the maxi pads had fallen out of the diaper. Nice!

I'll be back later. xoxo

Morning Girls.

Slept in late this morning. I got up fed the kitties and came out here and started reading post. The very first one is Pammie's. Ok, made my tummy turn. I guess everytime I feel like eating, I'll just come here and read that again. LOL.

Pammie, can't wait to see in a week or so what the changes are. Hang in there.

What's up with TracyK? Hope all is well.

Doc said I could try Gentlease formula now, so I tried that for a week; worked well... Then I read a forum saying Premium is better than Gentlease;doesn't clump and helps their spitting up. So I try that. I should have taken into consideration, I went from Nutramagen to Gentlease due to ALLERGIES.. not for fussy baby (that's what Gentlease seems to be for).

So he's been on Premium about 5 days, he stopped sleeping through the night, real fussy and yesterday was HORRRRIBLE. He was shrieking in pain all day long, inconsolable. I noticed the rash on his face is coming back too. My mom watched him for an hour while I was at the allergist, she said he had 2 watery poops (which is what he had before we ever swapped him to Nutramigen), and his stomach gurgled the whole time.

So bad mommy, I shouldn't have tried to mess with it, I just heard babies like Premium better; they probably do, but it's not good for milk allergies!!

Nutramigen is NO soy or milk, Gentlease is 1/5th milk protein.. I guess Premium is normal milk Protein.< /p>

So yesterday afternoon put him back on Gentlease.. had a great night again (been a week since he's slept well), and today he's a happy baby..rash is already going away. I don't know why I didn't put 2 and 2 together before my mom said something.. when will my mommy instincts kick in?!?!

"when will my mommy instincts kick in?!?! "

On baby #2! Everybody knows that baby #1 is the "practice" baby! :thumbup:

~~~~

Off to the pool! :)