Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

So much for my good deed. I blew it by not having patience with the idiot in front of my. I should have paid it forward to the guy in front of me and not the one behind me.

That made me laugh :)

PAMela, I sent you an e-mail from my work addy, let me know if you don't get it.. it's pricing for the stuff we talked about.

Thanks Laura, I got it! I'll review it and keep it handy as we move into the new Human Rights year!

Went and saw The Ugly Truth...cute, but I'd wait for it on video. It was nice to get out of the house. I look bit better today (barely). So I put my little hat on and off I went! But am pooped out...and am back on the couch. AAAHHH...feels good to be home.

Susie...good for you on your efforts. Always wanted to do that...perhaps I will this month...that will be my goal. I don't do drive throughs a lot, but usually make it once or twice a month! I love that idea!

OK...All my children is on the dvr!

xoxooxxo

The post Suzie just made reminded me of something that happened once when I was at the grocery store. I was 3rd in line. The lady right in front of me had a couple of little kids with her. The lady looked to be in her early thirties, plain looking, tired (with 2 little kids its understandable). She had about 10 things in her basket of necessity items...I really remember this vividly...milk, bread, eggs, lunch meat, oranges, hamburger meat, noodles and ragu sauce, toilet paper, and maybe another thing or 2. No frills, just basics. The lady in front of her looked to be in her 50s. Nicely dressed, business like, ya know? When she had done paying the clerk she just stood there and looked at the woman behind her, looked at the kids, looked at the basket and she just kind of stood there and I thought, why isnt she leaving???...she moved up just far enough for the woman to have her things rang up by the cashier and then when the cashier said how much the total was the older lady said "would you please do me the honor of letting me pay for your groceries today?" The younger woman said oh no, no you really do not need to do that, I am OK. The older lady said "you don't understand, I do not mean in any way to offend you or imply that you can not afford this stuff yourself but I woke up this morning and decided that I was going to do something nice today for a stranger. I am doing this more for myself than you....please, please let me do this. She did and right at that moment, my world stood still....i heard nothing else but their conversation, heard the kindness, saw the generosity and I almost passed out. That one single moment in that grocery store changed me....forever. After they walked away, the store clerk and I just stood there staring at one another dumbfounded, both thinking the same thing....there are still wonderful, caring people in this world.

Edited by TracyK

As I've told ya'll earlier, I've been hanging out at a recovery message board learning all kinds of things and in the process reading some addiction horror stories. (I'm really starting to want to do work in that field!) This guy was posting and he has a HORRIBLE opiate addiction and from the sound of it was literally on death's door. He's an American living in Mexico. He was trying to make a plan to stay alive long enough to get back to the States to get much needed medical attention and detox. The day after he posted his story (and got tons of caring responses) he mustered all the strength he could to walk to the nearby store to get a few items he'd need for his trip. At the store a lady stopped him in his tracks and insisted that he allow her to help him in some way (he surely looked like hell). He said he was fine but she gave him her number and insisted that she wanted to know where he lived so she could come check on him and bring him some good food to eat. He gave her the info she asked for. The next afternoon he was ready to leave on his trip to the States but he just didn't think he had the strength to do it and was sinking fast. The lady (Priscilla is her name) came by with her sister and a basket full of fresh fruit, Soups, stews, a roasted chicken, etc. He was too embarrassed to let her in his house because he said it was the worst you could imagine. Cat feces everywhere, dishes and food in the kitchen stack on stacks, trash knee deep in every room. She came in anyway and when she saw the mess she told him to get his things, he was coming to her house! He was very weak. She took him to the hospital where they notified his brother that he was in terrible shape, a psychiatrist tended to him and prescribed some meds to help with his condition, gave instructions to Priscilla about how to wean him off his opiates, etc. The brother said he would come right away but it would take 3 days to get there because he was in the Middle East on business. Priscilla took him home with her and she is taking care of him until the brother can get there! He said that she is indeed an angel sent straight from heaven -- no doubt about it. And, if that werent' enough of a miracle, his addiction has greatly subsided. Instead of taking 30-40 pills a day, he's taking 4. He's having withdrawals but not nearly to the extent he should be. With her help they've also arranged a 60-day rehab program in the states for the day he arrives there. Chris (the addict) sounds like such a sweet person, so very grateful to us on the message board who have shown an interest, prayed for and encouraged him. He says we saved his life that night and gave him the will to carry out his plan to get to the States, which got him to the store where he met Priscilla.

Priscilla just keeps telling him that all she wants in return is for him to help someone else in need in the future.

How's that for a story? Gives me the chills!

I would love to be in a financial situation that would allow me to do things of that nature regularly. She was telling the truth, it was all about how it made her feel---knowing she was doing something good.

I have handed the cashier in the store a $10.00 to cover the things an elderly man was going to have to put back, when she hit total. He was so flustered, he never even saw it, and the clerk deducted it, and said she was sorry and gave him the new amount owed, and he looked SO relieved. I would love to be able to give that relief to others----there were times I would have loved to have received it!!!

Would be a great time wouldn't it?

Been a great night. Had a great ride, and been sitting in the lawn swing, reading!

good morning gals

Tracy -I will keep Macy in my prayers, that poor thing. How is se feeling this morning?

reading all these nice stories makes me think there is hope in the world

I have spent the last 10 days with no contact with Kev so we could both do some major soul searching, I have been giving him deadlines and extending them fr the last 2 years, I can't do it anymore, and i'm not sure if i'm going to see him this weekend or Monday, but i have a lot to say, and either he is going to like it or not, but I have been up the last 2 nights and have just had enough. It is a very long story and so much has happened but this is it - i just can't do it anymore and i am not spending another holiday season alone... with or without him.

anyway, give me strength to deal with what i need to do for me.

it is going to be 85 and sunny here today, i'm going to mow the back yard and play in the pool all day, and try to relax

still on liquids, am down to 204 but very gassy and bloated for some reason. i'm staying on as long as i can

Good morning~

Macy slept really peacefully during the night and so far this morning is doing very well! Keep on praying for us please. :)

Have a great day everyone.

Pamela-how are you today?

Morning Girls.

It rained here early this morning and now just waiting fro the sun to come out to dry it all up. Supposed to get to 80 today. Tomorrow sunny and hot of 88. Looking forward to that one.

I decided to weigh again this morning and I'm glad I did. Down 2 more pounds. A day late for the -5 for the month of July but a good start for August.

Have a great day.

Hugs to Macy.

Morning Girls~

Well, I slept in my bed last night...and it felt good to get a more restful sleep. I did wake up w/o my face bra...which is a big NO NO! No wonder I slept so good. The face bra is not too bad, but it chokes me...literally, hits me at the voice box. All for the price of beauty, right. Another day of sitting around doing nuttin' on tap here. We did go to the movies yesterday...just to get out.

Tracy, hoping Macy is feeling better...that is sooo terrible for such a little thing. So, do you know who won? Who is nom'd? I swear, I am watching BB on Showtime, and Jesse is a complete and utter TOOL! He is a have not, and has to eat slop and is nearly in tears, haha!

Everyone have a good day!

xooxoxox

Off to the funeral, stopping in for news on Macy and our newest beauty queen Pamela!!!

Sounds like all is well in both worlds yaya!!!

After the funeral, I am meeting my Mom and taking her shopping.....on a Saturday just before school starts and she wants to go to the office supply to buy a shredder......oy.

BBL have a great Saturday !!!

Good morning, Violets..

Just back from the farmer's market and gift and grocery shopping. I got some fresh swiss chard for lunch today. Kris and Nathan's 6th anniversary is tomorrow so we got them an Iron decorative stake for their garden and 1/2 # of sea foam. The traditional gifts for the 6th are candy/ sweets and the contemporary gift is iron, so we combined them.

Also got the fixin's to make blueberry buckle for fellowship after church tomorrow. Things are coming to a head with the minister and I expect by the end of the summer we might be looking for a new one. We've called in the state conference reps and they are going to be accessing the situation, talking with boards, the pastor and volunteers from the congregation. Then they'll decide if things can be fixed or if it's time for him to move on.

TracyK.. hope Macy continues to feel good.

Suzie... 73 here and I hope to get in the pool for exercises for at least an hour.

We have a big birthday party to go to tonight. One of our friends is turning 70 and he has a long history in Alpena with teaching and theatre and now he's an ordained minister in our denomination. He and his wife have been friends of ours for years and they are having a dinner, roast and music tonight. Should be fun.

Off to make the buckle. Everyone have a great day! Be good to yourselves and follow the bandster rules.

what a most beautiful day here...

Suzie, just read that one email and made me not feel guilty anymore that i floated in the pool instead of grabbing the weed wacker

just took a shower because i was covered in tanning oil and going to get my meds, I can't not take them.

anyway, hope you are all having a good day too.

Judy what is sea foam?

Can you email the recipe for blueberry buckle? I think we all talked about it last year, I remember Michelle explaining it, but I am not passing the buckle test. I love blueberries. They are the only fruit I like that is cooked.

Couldn't log in this am to the site.

Kat, they left a message that my stuff is in, so I think on Monday I will go get it and mail it out and will email you a figure.

I also went to the Farmer's Market this morning. Got some Peaches and Cream corn, onions, cucumber, banana bread and zuccini bread. The local Amish sell baked goods. Yummy.

Came home and swept the pool and added chemicals. The temp was only 79. Too cold to get in. We'll start the heater in the morning and have it all ready for the afternoon.

Off to church. I'll check in later.