Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Laura,

I love that posting on FB! I think Judy (mind you, I am only 1/2 done) thinks that it is a great teacher read because of the insight it has on kids, and what they bring to the classroom. I KNOW there are many kids that the only meal they get is at lunch at school (yes, free lunch)...but that is ALL they get. It is sad on Friday cause you know they wait all weekend. That is just my 2 cents on why I think Judy said that about teachers...it is an amazing read! Back to it!

Did you buy the CD or just download that song? If you downloaded it, also do "She" it is whimsical as well...love that entire CD!

Exactly Dr. Pam. You can't assume that each child coming into your classroom has had a good night's sleep, a good Breakfast and lots of loving. You never know what these kids go through in their young lives and what baggage they carry to school each and every day. I had kindergarten students who got themselves up and ready for school each morning. Unacceptable..

Exactly Dr. Pam. You can't assume that each child coming into your classroom has had a good night's sleep, a good breakfast and lots of loving. You never know what these kids go through in their young lives and what baggage they carry to school each and every day. I had kindergarten students who got themselves up and ready for school each morning. Unacceptable..

I was really thinking alot about this the other day as I was feeding Ayla. Her every need is met with love. The only stress she has is if I don't immediately respond to her cry if I am in the bathroom or something along that line. At such a young age, most children are the same . . . nothing but potential for the future.

but every child is born into a different situation and they have absolutely no choice in the matter. Some are hungry, some are physically abused, some are neglected, some are unloved. This can shape their entire lives.

I really wish there was more required of a person before they could have children to ensure a chance of a better life. I agree, a lot of it is unacceptable . . . but how can we change it?

:biggrin:

Hi everyone...we are home :biggrin:

Laura...Carson is too cute. Love the lil outfit!

Back in from walk #2, trying to cool off, it is finally hot out side

just checking in to see what is happening -

Hi Tracy have a good time?

If anyone is interested... my dr told me today that I should take Vit D3, not only because it is usually something deficient in, it seems to increase your body's ability to burn fat.

If anyone is interested... my dr told me today that I should take Vit D3, not only because it is usually something deficient in, it seems to increase your body's ability to burn fat.

HELPS BURN FAT YOU SAY????? BYE!!! :biggrin:

I told my mom and she went into her stash of the vitimin store (the pantry) and of course had a few bottles, I started today.

I feel great getting back to reality

Jane, I would love to read the book! If you can drop it in the box with my lotion, I can cover the shipping all at once!

Dinner is ready--BBL

Off to tour a pretzle factory today... give me strength!!

Enjoy the day! :smile2:

Purple power is coming your way. Don't enjoy yourself too much. :0)

Good morning, Violets..

I slept in late today. Sure felt good. I'm getting my hair cut and colored today. I'm going to go a couple of shades into the "brown zone" this time. After that I pick up Ethan and bring him home for the rest of the day and then have a rehearsal in the evening. I'm hitting the pool at 11 for exercising and hopefully some sun. I do see something resembling that warm orb out there right now. It's 71 at 9:30 so that's a good sign.

Michelle...... step away from the carbs... tour the factory, but just look.. don't touch... or eat. (thanks for the card.. too cute)

We had pasties from the bakery last night. Thought we'd give them a try and see how they compare to what we are used to. The crust was very buttery and the filling was mostly meat... no potatoes, just rutabaga and carrot. Tasty, but not the same as mine. I tried to eat more than 1/2 pasty and I pb'd so I was done. I didn't even have my lifesavers last night as I usually do when I read.

Off to find some Breakfast. Everyone have a great day!! Follow those bandster rules!!

Off to work. Had a great evening with Rick. We had his favorite things for dinner---he is a simple meat and taters kind of guy!! Grilled a nice rib eye, loaded baked potatoes, fresh squash out of the garden cooked his favorite way, homemade yeast rolls (fresh from the grocery freezer and cooked!!!!). chocolate cake and Cookies & cream ice cream. I put a bit of each dinner item on my small plate, and still failed to finish it all. Had a couple bites of ice cream, no cake. Now I look at that huge cake and know it is time to send it to the grandkids!!! LOL

Meant to say that my final loss for July was a whopping 2.5 pounds!!! I had been lower, but creeped back up. So far I am down a pound and a half from that for August, but I am going to have to get serious again. Tracy where are you with my kick in the pants, we were going good!!! You pushed me in June and we did it! I need a push!

Time to go to work......y'all be good!

Good Morning gals

Judy, I slept in this morning too... boy that felt great.

I took some children's motrin last night before bed, my legs and butt were killing me from all the walking and kept me up the night before, I was still up a lot, but when I did sleep it was good and longer than normal.

Terry and Pamela -- Thanks :smile2:

I feel great this morning! I am on the road to recovery