Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Canned chicken sounds a lot better, the bagged ham I bought for it.. was way too salty and overpowering.

I made bbq pork loin and home fries tonight.. yum.. ate way too much.. who is banded? not me!

We sliced the left over grilled steak from dinner last night, paper thin ---ok well as thin as we could---and peppers and onions, and made fajitas tonight. I ate mine in a little bowl, no tortilla. Rick ate 3 HUGE fajitas--they looked like burritos! Have to say they really were good.

Work was ok----the woman I work for, the office manager, is difficult to deal with. I think she is unhappy at home, and lives for work. She works 6 days a week, and is ALWAYS there when I go in, and there when I leave. I see my authorizations that she does, and they have times from the computer, and she is there all hours. To me it is a J O B. Nothing more. It is not my life, nor do I want it to be any more of my life than it currently is. She and the Dr. live, eat and breath that place. Well they may benefit financially from doing so, I do not so much!!! She cannot make up her mind how she wants me to do things....when so and so calls don't ask who is calling, it irritates him. Well I have a dozen things going on, the TV in the lobby and often people talking, I cannot recognize his voice all the time, so I put a call through to her thinking it was him, and it was a sales rep----so be sure to ALWAYS screen her calls....of course except when it is the one guy! Grrrrr I am NOT happy about being the receptionist as is, and that crap makes it worse!!!

I could go on, lists of little crap that is making me nutso! Oh well----think paycheck!!!

Tracy----I appreciate the kick in the pants!!! LOL I have to make some effort here, it is not going to just fall off (dammit). We CAN and WILL do it!

Friday is coming sooooooo slowly!!

Connor is spending the night with us Thursday. DIL and DS have to be in Durango at the hospital at 5:30 AM, and she goes to surgery at 7 AM. We will do our best to be there, but if Connor will not wake up, we will get there as soon as we can! A new grandson to snuggle!!! So excited!!!

Well I am off to snuggle with his Papa for awhile, he keeps patting the sofa.....sounds inviting!!

Good morning Violets..

Brrrrrrrr.. 52 degrees this morning. Ethan is coming in a few minutes for the day. Bob has an out of town meeting so it's just Ethan and me and the Wii. Hopefully the sun will warm things up and we can get in the pool this afternoon.

I'm getting used to my new hair color. Nobody at rehearsal said a thing. That's not a good sign. But Bob likes it and I do too.

Everyone have a great day!

I went out last night with my girly-friends and had 3 glasses of wine, then we had dinner.< /p>

I came home and ate TWO HUGE brownies.

It's a sure thing: alcohol increases my sugar cravings and decreases my control. Period. Note to self: Do not drink alcohol!

Morning girls

Judy that front is hitting me today, cloudy now but going to get sunny by noon but only 83 and 80 for the next 3-4 days, but sunny... so I'll take it!

DS has speech at 11, i'm going to get dressed after my coffee and go for a walk, then speech and home to shower. We are going to the drive-ins tonight to see G-Force and Ice Age 3.

I got comp nights at the casion i stayed at and I am going back with my best friend and her daughter and my kids. They are good for 2 consecutive nights every week from now until August 28, so i'm going to try to do 4 nights, Fri - Sat as week 1 and Sun-Mon for the next week. If I can get it, Great! Weekends are not excluded, only holiday weekends, if not we are just going to go for 2 nights, either way, free trip, and we can get there and back with 1 tank of gas, going to bring some Bagels and lunch meat and bread and only eat out for dinner. I have comp dollars which should pay for 1 dinner. Plus I'm not eating so should be cheap.

I'm excited, there are 100 outlet stores down there so that is where I'm going to do dd's school shopping.

Hope you all have a good day

I went out last night with my girly-friends and had 3 glasses of wine, then we had dinner.

I came home and ate TWO HUGE brownies.

It's a sure thing: alcohol increases my sugar cravings and decreases my control. Period. Note to self: Do not drink alcohol!

Terry

Besides the horrible hangover wine gives me.... I don't drink it because I want to eat...My mom drinks wine every night and that is when the 3 huge batches of popcorn comes in.

Vodka and crystal light is my safety drink, more expensive but I don't want to eat, other than dinner, but not munch.

I had 3 drinks last night, and I probably used the amount of vodka in all 3 drinks I would have had in 1 before. That is the first drink in almost 2 weeks. (See told you I'm almost there:biggrin:)

Find your safety so when you go out you won't completely self destruct?

Judy -- post a pic of that new hair color... please!

Jen -- yes, we went to Hanover, PA, and did the Snyder's of Hanover pretzel/chip factory tour, and then the Utz chip factory tour, & the factory store prices are really good, so I stocked up on lunchbox size stuff for when school starts here in a bit... I probably won't have to buy chips 'til Christmas! lol!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Michelle

OMG... Snyders? the buffalo pretzel bites are my absolute favorite and I always have pre-measured snack bags in the house, they satisfy every craving I could every have.

So check this, I have been on Clear Liquids since last Thursday, and still not hungry but cooking great healthy foods for my family. Last night grilled chicken and summer squash. So dinner has a few minutes on it and dd is in my face complaining about how hungry she is and going on and on, I asked her for a little help and she game me shit! I kicked her out of the kitchen and told her to go away until it was ready... I flipped out and told her I've been making her extra good stuff and can't eat a bite and she is going to get in my face? She knew how pissed I was.

We are all super pms... me, her and her best friend... so yesterday was ugly around here. LOL

My son bought a HUGE bag of those with his OWN money (so that no one else can eat them, lol) for about .99. I tried one & it was spicy!!

I am getting up NOW...and going to the gym NOW....I do not care who stay or goes, but I am going! SO THERE :lol:

Have a great day :)

Hello everyone, I missed Breakfast and am very hungry but I am avoiding the donuts that are here . . . yeah me.

Ayla has a doctor's appointment today so I get to find out how much she has grown. I am excited to find out.

Jen - please post the updated recipe if you can. I think I would like your version...

Heather - good for you for avoiding the donuts! I also skipped breakfast today but I'm being good and only having coffee for now...

Judy - you know, I bitch and complain about how hot it is here but I'm so thankful that it's not 52 in August. That sucks! 52 is considered frigid winter here...

Okay, we sat down last night and went through all the photographers and narrowed it down to the two we liked the best. If ya'll have a minute today please look at the two blogs and give me your opinion on which one you like best or which pictures look the best?

Hazel West Blog!!!

Old World Studios & Fine Art

Boy, that's a tough decision Haydee. They both have great pics. I kinda prefer the Old World Studios. They really seem to capture the feeling of the weddings. Would like to see more black and white photos in their collection, but I like their uniqueness of shots.

When Kris was married she had a friend of Nathan's take the pics. He is a professional photographer and we were amazed at some of the shots and the things he did with color and black and white. They have one picture of them leaving the church and the bubbles people were blowing. All was in black and white except for the bubbles. Great pic. The most important thing was that he was not a pest during the wedding or reception. He was not always in people's faces and that's an important thing.

Either one looks great, though. Tough call!!

Yay, Haydee.... thank you for giving me an assignment to help me procrastinate on doing my work... I WAS folding sheets to avoid working... but this was much more enjoyable!! :)

It IS a tough call -- they're both great! If I had to choose, I think I'd go w/the Hazel West, though... I liked the playfulness of a lot of the shots... but it's so hard to choose... they obviously showcase just their good stuff, lol! It was fun to see wedding ideas from the other pics as well... floral arrangements, etc... I know, I'm so sneaky!!