Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Bon Journo Bellas~

Stitches out today! Looking forward to this. I accidently pulled 2 stitches compelety out, and dislodged a third, which resulted in some bleeding when I pulled my eye, may need a butterfly on that end. Worried about a scar, but nothing I could do on Sunday. Oh well.

We are going camping in a couple of weeks w/ Jenny and Annette (Jenny's new gf...although they knew each other since last fall, Annette is on Susanne's softball team). Anywho...Annnette is friends w/ that rouge lesbian team, Hard Liquors...and I guess we are going camping w/ them!:smile2: right now, these women scare me...but I guess once I get to know them they wont seem so bad. HAHA...

Then we are going to see Funny People @ noon w/ Stef and Bob. Looking forward to that too! Then the couch guys will be here at 4 to fix our broken recliners!

I bought this receipe book called Hungry Girl 200 under 200. There are 200 receipes under 200 calories. Well, tomorrow I am meeting some girls from work for a coffee thingy and am going to make this "dish" called FUNKY MONKEY SQUARES. They are not Cookies, not brownies...squares. But each one is 73 calories. If they are good, I'll post the receipe. This book is great, it has all meals, deserts, and everything in between. The squares are made w/ splenda, 25 cal. cocoa mix., whole wheat flour...

That is all on this end of the country! Love you girls!

xoxooxxoxo

Ciao Bellas

Morning.

I took a Benadryl last night and went to bed about 9pm. Woke up around 4:30am and went potty, got back in bed and slept till 8:30. That was what I needed. Woke up to a storm this morning, it's cloudy right now but supposed to clear up. Not sure if I'll get in any pool time. We'll see.

Jane, I know you had storms this morning but there are more on the way.

I sliced up some zuccini bread and banana bread. Yummy. I had a slice of each and now it's sitting in my chest. It was just the little mini loaves. Still yummy though.

Have a great day.

Hi ladies~I slept in this morning too. TOM is kickin' my rear end this time.

Kat-Last time I got on the scales I was back up to 222 so I am going to try starting today to lose my -5 this month. Since I am on tom I am NOT going to get on the scales. I wish I could undo what I have done to myself but I can't so I will just have to start again. Congrats on the -2.5. Still a negative...but c'mon, lets do this...(consider yourself kicked in the pants). Jenns new found fire is contagious :)

Jenn-thank you :smile2:

We had a good time in LA. Doubled our money and came home.

Have a great day everyone.

I just went grocery shopping, when i get my support check, I usually go and buy enough of the basics that wont go bad for the month, then just get milk, lettuce and chicken when needed. OMG I spent $80 at the regular store because I stocked up but since I split my shopping, I know Walmart Prices, so stuff I saw that was cheaper that was on the Walmart list, I got.

I am still on Clear Liquids, but I'm going to make some ham and cheese Soup for the mushie stage tomorrow, but I'm going to use the canned chicken instead of ham because of the salt, and it is higher in Protein. I was adding chicken to cream of cheese soup at one point and it was pretty good, so i'm sure it shoud work.

It is 86, sunny and humid so i'm going to sip my broth and head out to the pool

Michelle, I can think of more dangerous places to visit!! Thanks also for the big smile I keep getting from the card!

I slept so good last night. Oh my gosh. I didn't know it was possible!!!

Luckily it is not as slow this week at work, but also luckily I have overdraft protection for my my mortgage comes tomorrow!!!!

Kat, I have your stuff, now I am looking for the book!! I am almost positive I have it. I am going to send out an email to my family to make sure I have it. But, if I can't find it today I am going to ship your stuff out anyways, I mean I can mail the book media mail.

Okay enough rambling........

Wah. I fell off the sugar wagon yesterday and am paying the price with bloat and lethargy today. Grrrr. SOME DAY I WILL LEARN!!

Back to Day 1.

Jenn - I'm rooting for you kid.

My sister is having a hysterectomy today -- it was found that she has uterine cancer but she made me promise not to worry...so I'm not (yet). Just say a little prayer if you would.

Al-anon is awesome. I'm really enjoying my meetings. :blink:

Evan's doing really well. Now, if he would just find a job!

Thanks for the west coast update Pamela

Thanks for the midwest update Suzanne

Thanks for the northeast update Jenn

Now for the southcentral update... LOL

Not much going on here. We missed our first counseling session with the marriage counselor last night because Juan forgot about it.... WHA?? One of our biggest fights used to be about me nagging him and reminding him about stuff ALL THE TIME. I don't do that anymore and so far he's been good about keeping up with stuff. Well yesterday morning I reminded him that we had an appt at 6:30 pm at church. He said he would be home at 6 then. I am sitting at home waiting and waiting and finally at 6:25 I called him to ask him where he was at and he told me he was still working... I got so upset! I just felt all those old feelings rushing back in of him purposely not wanting to go through with things... Well the good thing is that he rushed home, apologized profusely and kicked himself in the ass for forgetting, LOL. He assured me that it wasn't like before and he told me that I shouldn't have those bad feelings because it's nothing like before. That made me feel better... I'm just emotional because i'm starting at the end of the week...

Terry - thanks for the recomendation on the photographer. Your friend takes awesome pictures! I'm gonna show his site to Juan to see what he says...

Pamela - HG has a website with awesome recipes. I've never made a single one though, LOL. But they all look good and healthy! Let me know how those bars turn out.

Judy - pasties sound so good. I like all those type of savory pastry pockets. Jamaicans have a beef patty that is spicy ground beef inside a pasty pocket. YUM, love those.

I didn't even bother weighing myself this past week. I've got actual excersise time planned this week though. That's a first, LOL!

I gotta get my Water now. I've been doing so good with at least that!

Good afternoon

Terry - your sister is in my prayers, and thanks for the encouragement. I'm on day 6 of clear liquids... I can't beleive it, my friend told me earlier i need to make some cream Soup today because i'm getting loopy...LOL

well, off to get dressed from the pool, I don't know why we walk mid afternoon, but we sure sweat

I got books I ordered today. I will have to come back to Pie & Pi books, they just have me on the fence right now.

I got The Help (Amazon suggestion), The Color of Water (sounds really good; Amazon suggestion), and The Time Traveller's Wife.

Let ya know what I think!

Back from pretzel & potato chip land -- oh my! Those factory stores really should be outlawed... & the fact that you can get all sorts of fun flavors & deals that they don't have in the regular stores... again I say... oh my! (can you say sweet potato chips? ?)

Laura... I just got "The Help" yesterday from the library... I'm planning on reading it this weekend when I'll be @ Solomon's Island on the eastern shore of MD from Fri - Sun for ds's soccer tournament... we're staying at a marina w/a nice pool and are going early on Friday to relax & enjoy (just me, ds & my mom), w/the first game on Sat morning.

Off to pom practice & soccer training... now newly rescheduled to be at the exact same start & end time on the complete opposite (North & South) sides of the town! Of course!

Oh, one more funny thing... we ate lunch in this little PA town at a place called the "Famous Hot Weiner"! Had the kids laughing all day... It was kinda funny...

Terry,

Jackie read it while we were in Italy, and I asked for it this fall...she loved it!

Gotta run...I loved the movie but was the only one who did. Oh well...easily amused!

Michelle...

I thought it was just pretzels... now chips... that is my kind of place :)

what a day, off to bed

I thought I would share this, I modified the Ham and cheese Soup to Canned chicken and 2% white sharpe cheddar... OMG ... that is all i can say