Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good morning, Vi's~~

Went out to dinner w/friends last night for DH's b'day... I don't remember the last time we had an "adults only" night out!... we went to our fav Indian restaurant... just walking into that place relaxes me...

Today is DH's actual b'day, so I'll be baking & cooking, etc. We've got to pick up DS from soccer camp as well. + we woke to rolling thunder & pouring rain. Lovely day!

I read Life of Pi years ago and LOVED it!

Right now I have Shanghai Girls from the library (by Lisa See, who wrote Snow Flower and the Secret Fan) but haven't been able to start it yet... maybe today? (Funny... it was a really long wait for it, so I requested the large print edition & got it right away! lol!)

Today is kind of the "unofficial" end of summer for us... tomorrow begins both kids' Fall sports activities... which run every day of the week, + weekend stuff for the next 3 weeks 'til school starts... ay yai yai!!

Morning gals

what a nice weekend, yest was so perfect so we played in the pool until almost 11 last night, first time that has been possible. OK i did go for 2 walks and did some laundry and went to wally world for a couple of things but a nice day. Not sleeping still but what i did sleep was good last night and was up a 5:30 and on the road walking at 6:30 this morning and already mowed the lawn and about to scrub the floor.

We are getting more storms today so i'm going to finish laundry and clean so tomorrow when it is 85 with 0 humidity again we can be outside all day.

finally... summer.

Michelle, We have 3 weeks left of summer for the same reasons, Cheer starts on 8/23 and school doesn't start until 9/8 (very late this year). DD has been working every day to get back in shape, stretching and sit-ups and ran a couple days last week. We are all trying to get into shape.

I made this creamy balsamic low fat salad dressing last night, i just tasted it but yummy.... and so easy if anyone wants it. White Northern Beans is what makes it creamy, sounds strange and my friend said looked gross but when we tasted, she was shocked too.

Today is day 4 of chicken broth and s/f popsicles. Still holding 203, which is frustrating, but i've been walking 5-6 miles a day and 3 of them have been all uphill and i have cut my time on that one so i hope that has something to do with it. I am going to get another tape measure so i can at least take measurements again. A new beginning with my band, and i only have 25lbs I want to lose... why is that so hard.

Pamela, can't wait to see more pics!

Tracyk- glad Macy is better have fun!

hey everyone

Hello,

The following is tmi, but I eat, I poop. Good diet plan. I am lucky I don't feel bad. I guess I should be knocking on wood!! I am going to try to get something done today beside trips to the bathroom. That is also a good exercise plan isn't it??? Squats everytime I sit down. HHHHMMMMMM...

So glad Macy is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle did you read Animal farm? If so, did you like it?

I am going through Carson's clothes once a week packing up stuff he can't wear. It's kind of sad how quick they grow, he has so many clothes he never even worn, or only wore once!!

Jane...too funny!

Laura, I read Animal Farm a few times to my class. At the middle school level, and the fact that ALL my kids are second language learners, I read it to them and many of the political implications are lost on them. However, it is one of my fav's and the kids like it. Plus, afterwards we make really cute diaramas!

I am REALLY trying to read The Glass Castle, but my eyes are still too puffy. I have some serious bags under my eyes. this diaper thingy strap (straped under the chin, around the back and around the forehead) is like a vice grip on my head. I LOVE when I get to take it off to eat or do my warm compresses. My chin looks good,...there is one pouchy thing, but it should still go down.

I'll take a quick pix later w/ my phone and send out an email today, I promise. I am going to try to eat some salad...wish me luck!

Laura, quick suggestion:

Take a swatch of each of his little outfits he wears or you love. Cut the a 6x6 of the ones you REALLY LOVE or the special ones that remind you of him or some special event. Give the rest away or whatever w/ them. Do this for a few years (it doesn't take up too much room). But then in a few years, you (or if you are like me...have someone) make him a quilt. It can be very boy-ish w/ all sports stuff, or all the animal stuff, very blue. But the quilt can be dry cleaned and saved and given to his first son...or to him when he is older (but it wont last as long). My SIL did this for all 3 kids and she made quilts. Some of the 6 x 6 swatches the kids remember wearing, others are from when they were babies. She gave the quilts to the kids (9,7 4) and they LOVE them. Just a suggestion...and it is a cute mom project, especially if you give it to his first son or something special or cool llike that.

Are you going to have him baptised?

Hello,

The following is tmi, but I eat, I poop. Good diet plan. I am lucky I don't feel bad. I guess I should be knocking on wood!! I am going to try to get something done today beside trips to the bathroom. That is also a good exercise plan isn't it??? Squats everytime I sit down. HHHHMMMMMM...

So glad Macy is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane - I'm right there with you...I'm afraid to leave the house after i have a drink.

Pamela, what a wonderful idea about the quilt!!!

I was thinking how special that would be, and it kind of brought tears to my eyes!!

Great minds think alike Pam :thumbdown:)

I found that while I was pregnant (I am not crafty), a website where you send in 16 of your favorite outfits, and they make a 4x4 quilt using a square cut out of the front. I am going to make one of his first year clothes, so far I have the outfit I brought him home in (blue with a giraffe on the chest), the elephant outfit Haydee gave me, and a yellow one that has an elephant and a mouse on it.

I think it's a great idea, the website I stumbled across, was after we picked out his name and their 'display' quilt to show you how it works, was someone with a baby named Carson, so most of the squares featured personalized cut up clothes that had C or Carson on it. Heh!

Out of the pool and have a meatloaf in the oven. I had a very nice day today, not perfect but close.

TracyK, have a great time in LA.

went for a walk inbetween rain drops this afternoon and done scrubbing the floor, so i've been looking at all the good new banding stuff and the food and nutrition... there is such good food there... what the hell have i been thinking? I don't need onion rings!!!!!

what an eye opener this last 4 days has been

hope you are all having a great weekend! Making my grocery list for Tuesday, it is full of healthy food... yeah me

Haydee, when I got preg I became a frequent to the LBT pregnancy area. I still haunt there even though I'm not preg, I like to follow progress of the other girls I was preg with... and now I see SO MANY new LBT'ers are joining every day, so much babiness in the air. I was just thinking about you, can't wait till you can join in there... and post your positive stick, and ultrasounds, and and... hehehehe. I have baby fever for you. I'm not looking forward to doing it again just yet, but I like to excitement of tracking it.

:):crying:Here's Russ' haircut. I don't dislike it, but I loved the long hair. Everyone keeps giving him grief, so I told him he can cut it but don't shave it (he gained too much weight, shaved head looks really bad on him). This works out, he can not wear his hat (which is a cold day in hell) and it still looks alright.

And here's stinky with his grambee outfit on. I think his eyes are stayin' blue! :)

post-216201-13813138597978_thumb.jpg

post-216201-1381313859829_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh, I can never get tired of seeing pics of Carson!! Too cute!!!!

I think I am done with the bathroom running today. Last 1/2 hour or so I haven't gone and food has stayed in tummy!!

For the past two days I have been telling myself that I love myself and respect myself. Is there a way to get a tracker for a 5 pound loss? I am going to check it out.

I made the June and July, but do need to keep better track.

Okay everyone have a great start to a new week!!

Morning Girls.

Extremely tired this morning. I guess cramming in 15 hours of "Lost" will do that to you. lol.

Yesterday my sister went to the store and wanted ot know if she bought all the stuff and did all the rest of the work, would I make a meatloaf for the family. Yeah, you guessed it. I ended up making the whole meal and doing all the dishes. When will I ever learn. Well, at least it was a REALLY good meal.

Getting ready for work. It's supposed to get into the mid 90's today. Hopefully I'll be able to get in the pool later today.

Everyone make it a good one.