Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Judy what is sea foam?

Can you email the recipe for blueberry buckle? I think we all talked about it last year, I remember Michelle explaining it, but I am not passing the buckle test. I love blueberries. They are the only fruit I like that is cooked.

Couldn't log in this am to the site.

Kat, they left a message that my stuff is in, so I think on Monday I will go get it and mail it out and will email you a figure.

Jane.. I'll post the recipe on the recipe thread in here. Sea Foam is a light, airy candy that is chocolate coated. Very yummy. I have to stay away from it!

Sea Foam is kind of like the center to a malted milk ball. You know the difference between a malt and a milkshake is the malt flavor---------well the center to sea foam is like the center of a malted milk ball (Whoppers) without the malt flavor. And then it is covered in chocolate. It is YUMMY!!!! And it always looks like you get more than with other candy!!

Rick's birthday is Monday---cannot come up with anything original to do......HAH we have done it all!!! lol

Thanks Jane!!!! Big giant hugs!!

Tracy--so thankful Macy is doing good, what a relief.

Rick is ready to go----like I really want to do more shopping???? Ah well, WTH see ya in awhile....

I have never heard of sea foam! I didn't know there was a candy that existed that I didn't know about!!!

Glad Macy is doing well.

I didn't get my Pam update photo yesterday, but sounds like all is well.

Going to my sisters to see my nephew.

Have a good one!!

I think I'm up to hour 9 of 20 hours of "Lost".

I have square eyeballs.

Suzie, that's the best way to watch Lost. I started it in season 3, so I watched season 1 & 2 over one weekend.. then I had to watch season 3 + live.. so only 1 hour a week, drives you BONKERS!!!!!!!

Plus, seeing them all at once, you catch on to the weird clues, like Hurley's news thing being on at Jin's house, etc.

Although, that being said and all these hours later.. still makes NO sense. I can't wait for it to be over just so I get closure.

Got a Migraine, but Russ & I about to go see Funny People. I hope it's good since it's 140m long.. that's pretty long for any kind of movie. I'll let ya know!

Laura~that look like it is gonna be a good movie. I hope it is....I really could use a great comedy!

Looooong day, got nothing done that I had hoped to. I am going to HAVE to do laundry tomorrow or go commando to work! LOL

DIL saw the Dr. again, and there has been no change, the baby is still in proper position, but there has been no thinning of the cervix or no dilation at all--he think she will go until the scheduled Friday delivery. I hope he is wrong and that the baby is born on Monday, on his Papa's birthday!!

Both Rick's and my Dads and Abbey are all born on the same day. She loves it! Says it makes her special to her Grandpa's!

Pamela I see you logged on, hope the healing continues well.

I tried eating leftover spaghetti---what in the hell was I thinking??????

I seldom slime.....tonight is beginning to feel like a seldom night.....see ya tomorrow!

Hey Girls~

I am coming along well...I guess. The chin looks good, a bit lumpy, however, it has only been 3 days. I saw Stef today (she took me) and she was AMAZED at how good I look...and thinks the chin looks great! So that is cool. I am now doing hot/warm compresses on my eyes 4 times a day...and it feels SOOOO GOOD! I look forward to them. Then I need to keep neosporin on and when I was putting it on, my last stich on my right eye came off! But nothing opened or anything...so I guess it is ok.

Other than that...just a bit stir crazy here. Susanne has been a saint but I think tomorrow I'll cowgirl up and take a drive w/ her. Thinking the mountains for brunch or something...just to get out of the house. I don't want it to be too long...just a change of scenery.

Today, while surfing the couch, Stef called. She was w/ her aunt in the pool...and they were drunk and needed more beer! SOOOO we put our clothes on, and went to the store to buy beer! HAHA...she would do it for me. When we got there, they had put out a nice spread...and we visited a bit, while they drank beer. It was kinda fun, again just for a change of scenery.

Everyone have a nice night and a nice Sunday!

Enjoy your books Terry! My eyes are not quite ready to read yet...they seem a bit blurry from the sporin.

Watching Mr. Brooks now w/ Kevin Costner...great movie!

xoxo

xooxxo

Funny People really isn't a comedy. It's called a dramedy, but it was really like.. a sad/dramatic story with funny people.. Hard to explain; we definitely laughed a lot, but if I was 'in the mood for a comedy', that wouldn't be the pick. It wasn't carefree.

But I did like it!

Some other books I recommend (read in the past year that I LOVED)..

Snowflower & The Secret Fan (An older Chinese Memoir book... if you liked Memoirs of a Geisha, you'd like it.)

Looking back on my old Amazon orders, there was one book I gave to my granny, I don't think she'd like it because it was graphic.. but it's a good memoir book. Darn I didn't get it on Amazon, I just remembered I had Russ pick it up for me when I was sick or something (bed ridden).

OH well.. if I figure it out, I'll let you know. Title is something about Oscar.. wow that was easy, searched for Oscar in books... ok now I'm rambling.

The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao. I wasn't sure about that book, but Amazon recommended it for me and I was bed ridden. Ended up being a really good book.

Did any of you read Life of Pi? Amazon recommended it, and I read the plot, sounded interesting until I read reviews and it was compared to Animal Farm; which I had to read in high school..while I can appreciate satire, it was really didn't hold my attention and I never finished it.

Good Morning, Violets..

Just got in from cutting fresh flowers for church. We have the fellowship time after service today and I made the blueberry buckle and have fruit kebobs to assemble when we get there. After church is a brunch with some friends and then off to another church to play in a concert at 3. After that is definitely pool time. It rained and rained and RAINED last night. I don't know when we've had so much rain for so many days. I haven't had to Water any plants for weeks now.

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves!!

Good morning~Macy is even better today. We are going to my moms then to LA. I will post again tomorrow. Take care everyone... XOXO