Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

Good Luck LemonPOPtart!

My day is Monday....I think I am ready.

I've been over the suggested take to the hospital lists 100000 times LOL.

I am ready to be on the other side of this....:thumbup:

Hello all,

Susan, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I know things are going to be just fine.

Bunz (and Susan) I am sorry you get so sick after the surgery. I have always had to throwup at least once before the nausea leaves..On Monday, I told the anesthesiologist about that and he said he would do everything in his power to prevent it this time. I sure hope he is able to do it!

So, Debster & Amethyst....Monday will be here before we know it! I have to arrive at the hospital at 6:15am and since it is about a 2 hour drive up there, I would have to get up at 3:15 and leave home at 4:15:eek: Thus, my husband and I have decided to drive up on Sunday and get a motel room for the night!! I may not sleep very good in a strange bed, but probably wouldn't sleep well at home because of worrying about getting up on time!!!!!

Anyway, good luck to us all!! Think good and positive thoughts:tongue2:

My dr. told me I could eat up until midnight the night before surgery which is tomorrow!! YIKES I hope he knows what he is talking about. Interestingly enough though, I have not really craved anything except healthy foods ever since I got my acceptance letter from my insurance about a month ago. So I hopefully will be okay. Will let you all know how it goes. But I do feel at peace about this decision. I just pray it will all go well. Be gentle with you today, Dyanna

I had my surgery 22nnd and came home on the 23rd.....i am very sore but i know ti will get better with time

im being banded on July 30 , 09 so so excited. this is my last weekend , so im gonna eat and party. Im have a going away party for my self, inhopes a new "me" is born. hopefully. in all the right ways of course.

I'll be banded July 29.

I am so glad the pre-op diet is almost over. I can't stand the opti-fast shakes; they make me sick. I never thought I'd be looking forward to the clear liquid diet the last two days before surgery. Anything to not have to drink the shakes the dr gave me.

I'd give anything for a fresh salad from my garden. Surgery changed from Monday the 27th to Friday the 31st. Another week of shakes... oh dear!! lol

Hey everyone!! I am home now... sore but I'm okay. I had the lap band surgery, :wub: plus they "re-tacked" down my "old" hernia (from 3 years ago).... fixed the (new) hiatal heria I had... AND THEN removed an enormous hernia in my lower abdomen. It was as big as his fist & wrist combined!! :eek: So needless to say I am plenty sore. :cool2: And I'm on liquids for a while... But my spirits are good & I keep getting up every hour and doing some walking. :wub: I could not have gotten thru this so easily without prayer!!! Thank you all so much for all the kind words, PMs, and prayers!! :smile:

July 27th here!!!

July 27th here!!!

Good Luck Sweetie!! I'll say a prayer for ya!! But you'll do just fine! :cool2:

Greetings all! Im so glad I found this site! I was banded on July 20th along with a hernia repair. I am doing well, a little pain, some belching, and sore at times. I feel like I am learning my body all over again. It feels like it belongs to someone else. Anyone else feel like this?

I'll be banded July 29.

I am so glad the pre-op diet is almost over. I can't stand the opti-fast shakes; they make me sick. I never thought I'd be looking forward to the clear liquid diet the last two days before surgery. Anything to not have to drink the shakes the dr gave me.

I am also on the 29th I have been on a liquid diet from BetterMD.com. I had to be on it for 3 weeks prior to surgery and the for 2 weeks after. I have been dieing for reg. food but I have not cheated.

Good luck with your surgery

Welcome back LemonPoptart. So glad all went well. Time to heal now. Take good care.

Sheri

Boy when I started this thread I had no idea how many hits it would get! Good luck to everyone. We're definitely not alone in our new lives. It's great to have the support of one another. My big day is Monday the 27th. It got moved from the original date of the 20th because they were closed that day. Boy, was that ever a let down. It seems like the past 3 weeks have lasted forever!

I can't believe that I'm almost ready to leave the pre-op side of things to the post-op side message board. I've been in this section for about a year.

Happy skinny days ahead for everyone!!! Yah!!!!

Hi Magnolia.

I am on the 27th also! I have been on a liquid diet for 2 wks. and I am ready for the next step.

Good luck to us all.