Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone else out there had their banding surgery this past Monday - July 13th or if anyone who has had banding in the past month or so can give me some idea of what to expect in the first week of recovery....i felt great at the hospital but am very uncomfortable at home. Any ideas? Help!

Hey everyone, Finished pretesting and ready for banding on July 21st. I am very nervous. But I know this is the beginning of a new and healthier life.

i just had my surgery on the 13th and was feeling the same way. Don't worry, it was amazing how quick and simple falling asleep was and then in a matter or what feels like minutes you are awake and its over!

I also was on the 13th! The 2nd day was the WORST! Gas was horrible. My gas was in the back and stomach, not in the shoulder. Couldn't get comfortable! But today, 15th, I'm feeling great! I still have gas, but it's not horrible, and I'm moving a lot easier! Hang in there, it does get better!

i am scheduled for the 21st too! im nervous! the scariest part is the pain and all this gas that everyone keeps talking about! ouch!

how do i get the ticker on my profile? i am signed up for it, but don't know how to get it on there.

HEY I GO BANDED JULY 1ST , AND IM ALREADY DOWN 30LBS... IF ANYONE NEEDS ADVICE TIPS ETC DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO JOIN MY GROUP "LAP BAND LOVERS" TCB:smile:

Edited by tcbplainville
spelling error

My surgery is tomorrow!!!!:wub: I'm nervous and excited but ready. Anyone with tips on the few days after surgery and what to expect?

I was banded on 7/14/2009 everything went smoothly. I am feeling a little sore, sleepy and restless. I am going to walk outside tomorrow. The liquid diet is enough for me right now. I was anxious about the surgery yesterday, so I did not realize that my DH wore a Fat Albert t-shirt to the clinic until after my surgery:ohmy:, then I was too sore to laugh. So now I have to wait a few days to get a good chuckle out about that:lol:. He was also eating cheetos and drinking coke in my room. When the nurse came in and teased him about the t-shirt and the food he was so embarrased:blushing:. He is really not that insensitve he said he was nervous about the surgery too and just picked up the first thing he saw to wear and he was hungry! He has been a dear and so helpful and supportive. He made my surgery a day to remember.

That is hilarious, Boss Lady!!! Hope you continue to do well!

Hi all....my surgery date is in the morning 7/16 and Im totally nervous....sigh....

My surgery is scheduled for Friday 7/17. I don't know the time yet (will find out sometime Thursday afternoon). I'm getting really nervous.

Hey all. I am a July bander. Got it done on 7/7. :)

I had mine on July 6th and everything went really well. I'm so glad I did it.

The doctor gave me liquid Lortab so I used that for the first four days and so I didn't feel the gas much but after that the gas was really bothering me. The dietitian told me to try Gas X strips that dissolve in your mouth. She also said to get up every two hours and walk around the house for ten minutes and that helps the gas go away faster also.

Another tip after surgery: If you know you are going to cough or sneeze, put your hand or a pillow on your stomach so it doesn't hurt so much. I didn't think about doing that at first and I felt like I was going to pop a stitch.

After about a week I felt almost 100% so any discomfort I experienced was only for a very short period of time.

Good luck to everyone! :):):wink2:

:)

exercise.png

Edited by justiceaim1