Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone else out there had their banding surgery this past Monday - July 13th or if anyone who has had banding in the past month or so can give me some idea of what to expect in the first week of recovery....i felt great at the hospital but am very uncomfortable at home. Any ideas? Help!

I had my surgery mon the 13th, and like you, i am sore :[

I have alot of tightness and pain when trying to get a deep breath, like someone is squeezing me...and i feel alot of discomfort trying to sleep (changing positions when i sleep). I also do have some gas that has settled up in my left shoulder blade, but have found some comfort with a heating pad. I have been told that this is all normal and WILL pass.

the only other problem is that i am having a tough time getting in all my Protein. i need 4 shakes to get it all in and that is tough. i get full very easy...it takes nearly an hour to drink a shake. i am thinking it is swelling more than any actual restriction since i haven't had a fill yet.

let me know how you are doing? it's nice to find someone who went on the same day :)

-kat

just had mine done on july 14th- anyone else with that date.

weight.png

I had my surgery mon the 13th, and like you, i am sore :[

I have alot of tightness and pain when trying to get a deep breath, like someone is squeezing me...and i feel alot of discomfort trying to sleep (changing positions when i sleep). I also do have some gas that has settled up in my left shoulder blade, but have found some comfort with a heating pad. I have been told that this is all normal and WILL pass.

the only other problem is that i am having a tough time getting in all my Protein. i need 4 shakes to get it all in and that is tough. i get full very easy...it takes nearly an hour to drink a shake. i am thinking it is swelling more than any actual restriction since i haven't had a fill yet.

let me know how you are doing? it's nice to find someone who went on the same day :)

-kat

Hi Kat --

Glad to find someone who has the same surgery date! Yesterday (Wed.) was the worst day for me in terms of pain. I felt nauseous almost all day and I figured out that the pain meds were the cause of it. I stopped taking my pain meds and the nausea has gone away and now I just have a dull soreness in my stomach. sleeping is definately tough cause I'm typically a side sleeper and found myself waking up during the night cause I couldn't get comfortable!

Hiccups are hard cause they really hurt!!

I feel the same about getting my protein in. I just don't feel hungry or the idea of food made me nauseous for a while. Keep me posted with how you are doing!

-:redface:Wildkat478

I had mine done tuesday and felt great yesterday but miserable today. the tightness is my chest is frustrating and I too have to force the shakes in. I just want to get back to my life!

I had mine done on the 13th also. I feel nauseous also and when I drink a Protein Shake I feel like it's never ending. sleeping is hard for me also. My shoulder hurts....gas or stiffness from the way I sleep? ???? I wish you all well and I'll be checking in to see how we are all doing?????

I had it on the 13th and today I actually feel great! I walked on the treadmill...... slow..... but I still walked. My gas is diminishing and I don't need pain pills at all. sleep is still illusive with not being able to move around, but it's all worth it! Just remember that!

Hello All, I was banded on July 9th, and just had my first follow up appointment this past Wed. Since I started my Journey with a insurance required 6 month supervised diet I have lost almost 60lbs. 10lbs since surgery.

I cant believe how much better i feel these days. I also am off all 8 of my medications. :cursing: I like many other ah still having a hard time sleeping, since I to am used to sleeping on my side. I wish everyone that is getting ready to have the surgery the best of luck.

Hi everyone, having my surgery July 24th and so excited. I have a few questions that i hope anyone can assist me. I thought i had read somewhere on this board, but cant seem to find it anywhere. But there is something that you put on your wrist, a gel or something that helps with nausea, instead of taking pills? Anyone know

Also I read a few other post how people state that their skin got bad after the surgery, i hope this does not happen. Does it go away.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their surgeries and a happy journey. I have to keep pinching myself, this is happening soon and i cant wait, Excited but so scared.

I am being banded on July 29th. No pre-op diet required by my doctor but I have been having shakes for lunch to prepare. I go in for Pre-Admission testing on Monday. So excited to be on the losing side!!!

Hi everyone, having my surgery July 24th and so excited. I have a few questions that i hope anyone can assist me. I thought i had read somewhere on this board, but cant seem to find it anywhere. But there is something that you put on your wrist, a gel or something that helps with nausea, instead of taking pills? Anyone know

Also I read a few other post how people state that their skin got bad after the surgery, i hope this does not happen. Does it go away.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their surgeries and a happy journey. I have to keep pinching myself, this is happening soon and i cant wait, Excited but so scared.

I was banded on the 7th, so I can't really answer the questions about skin, but I can help with the nausea med. I was prescribed Phenegren gel that I rubbed on my wrists. It was great, too because before I took it, I did get sick, and that was very unpleasant to put it mildly! Good luck, being a week and a half out, I have lost 8 pounds and feel great! It is so worth it!

Oh my gosh, I'm 5 days post op, I had surgery on the 13th, and I have an announcement to make! Ready for it?.....really, are you? Ok, here it goes....... I POOPED, I POOPED, I POOPED!!!! Yup, you heard me, and yes I yell it from the roof tops! I feel soooooooo much better. Was wondering if I would ever poop again! lol Gross I know, but we're all friends! love to everyone and happy POOPing! hehehehehehehehehe

I was banded on 7/14/09 and I am doing fine except I am having trouble sleeping through the night (gas pains). I have been able to walk everyday since my surgery and drove today. The Protein is not really a problem, but it takes me a long time to get it in.

ito itsalmostime: It is like for sea sickness. My doctor gave me a patch that goes on the night before my surgery and I will wear it for three days...we'll see....

Edited by denouement
x

Well I am sure that all places are different, but I was given 3 things for it. They gave me a pill right before surgery, then they gave me a shot in my IV and a patch that went behind my ear. I did not once feel sick at all. as far as the skin goes, I did not have any issues. but then again everyone is different.