Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

I had my band put in on 7/6 at 10 am! Everything went very smoothly. When I first woke up, I remember telling someone that it felt like an elephant was standing on my chest and I couldn't breath, they just told me to take deep breaths and within a few minutes I was fine. It felt like in no time at all I was back in my room snoozing. My fiance was great, kept me company the entire time but knew when to be quiet too so I could sleep.:biggrin: My nurse was great, made me walk up and down the hall 2x in between naps. They discharged me at 7pm and I actually felt great, I came home and cleaned the kitchen, lol.

2nd day was the worst for me. I just couldn't get comfortable. The port area was really hurting and the gas was bad. And then embarassingly, everytime I tried to relieve gas I would mess myself at the same time:scared2:! I guess it was all that liquid from the pre-op diet. Still happens to this day, so I have learned very quickly to go to the bathroom if I need to get rid of any gas.

3rd and 4th day was good, a little uncomfortable but not too bad.

5th day, I actually got really hungry today but I had about 4-6oz of carnation instant Breakfast and that helped. The biggest thing now besides hearing all the rumblind and tumbling going on in my belly is I cannot burp and it's driving me nuts. It's like it come almost all the way up but no matter what I do I can't get it out. I'm off of the pain meds which I'm really glad of, and I actually went shopping at Walmart and Target today as well as put in 2 hours at work.

Good luck to all of you!:biggrin:

I hope my day 2 isn't like yours!!! LOL!!!! But try starting your menstrual cycle the day before your surgery! That stinks!!!!! :thumbdown: Cramps were in high gear this morning when I checked in for surgery, but i'm a little over 7 hours preop and feeling good so far!:crying:

I just wanted everyone to know that Katwmn63 had her surgery today and she is doing great......

Hi everyone,

Well, surgery time is fast approaching. I started the 2 week liquid diet today....that may make time seem like it is actually slowing down!! Surgery on Monday the 27th!

I appreciate all the posts everyone makes..there is a lot of encouragement to be found there.

I just wanted everyone to know that Katwmn63 had her surgery today and she is doing great......

Great news! Give her our best!

Well I'm home the hospital. It took longer than I thought, but everything went fine. Surgery was good, but I woke up wheezing, so I was coughing for hours. Finally they gave me a breathing treatment. I don't have asthma but for some reason....oh I don't know. Anyway, we stayed longer because every time I fell asleep my O2 stats fell to 80%. We also had a long drive home, hour and a half. I have gas, not in my shoulder, but in my back, yuck!!!

I kept telling myself that this is the start of the rest of my life! I can't wait till tomorrow when I can have Tomato Soup, grits and cream of wheat. Small things make me happy after 10 days on Protein diet!

Hello Everyone -- My surgery is a week from today, 7/20 and I'm getting very nervous/excited. I'm so happy to read on here that most ppl are doing well that have been banded thus far. I was really happy to read that one poster isn't having problems drinking Water. My class told me it would take me 5 mins to drink 1oz and that I need 64oz per day -- what a task. I've ordered some of the Unjury Protein, a friend of mine who's banded says it's great. Has anyone else tried it?

Went for my follow-up today (banded July 6th) and all is great. I am banned from bathing in a tub and my pool until my next visit on August 25th. BUMMER! I get my first fill next visit. I asked my surgeon if he is one that puts a dab in over many visits and he says he starts with 5cc's. Yeah! Now that I have experienced the restriction through swellling at least I have an idea what to expect. As far as drinking after surgery, I sipped day one and two but by day 4 I felt exactly like pre-op. I am on full liquids now but adjusting well. (digestive speaking) I started logging in my food journal since I have no restriction + hunger. I need to watch the liquid calories until fill #1. Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!

Hello Everyone -- My surgery is a week from today, 7/20 and I'm getting very nervous/excited. I'm so happy to read on here that most ppl are doing well that have been banded thus far. I was really happy to read that one poster isn't having problems drinking Water. My class told me it would take me 5 mins to drink 1oz and that I need 64oz per day -- what a task. I've ordered some of the Unjury Protein, a friend of mine who's banded says it's great. Has anyone else tried it?

I have no problems drinking water...thank goodness. I had my surgery yesterday and am a little stiff today because I slept propped up on pillows. I'm a stomach and side sleeper. :thumbdown: My shoulder hurts but other than that and the stiffness I'm good to go. I was nervous/excited too, but I knew once I woke up that I did the right thing. I am so happy that I got this done. I was afraid to let some people know because a lot of them I haven't seen in years and they were shocked that I needed it....that I had gained that much weight, but now that it's done, I can't wait for them to see me when I lose it!!!!! Good luck with your surgery and we are all here for you!!!!

heyy! im being banded on july 31st, im nervous but also excited =]

Congrats!! I have my surgery on the same date..:thumbdown:

Yes, I use the Unjury and it's great! I've been banded a year and have tried others but the Unjury tastes really good and is really good for you. I know it's hard to believe that you'll ever drink another Protein Drink if you don't HAVE to, but with time you'll see that they really are good for you and I have one at least once a day now (my choice). Good luck to you and all the new and up-coming bandsters!

Lisa :thumbdown:

give her my best as well. I had mine yesterday also! Day 2 I feel like a train hit me, but it's worth it........ I think! :-)

Hi there, this is my first post in lapbandtalk. I am so excited, my surgery is on July 15th!~ I got a cold last week and have had to delay for one week:frown: but I'm pleased to say that my surgery is, once again, just around the corner :thumbup:. Anyone else out there getting banded this July from Los Angeles?

Good luck tomorrow! I was banded at Arcadia methodist hosp last tues! You'll do great! Keep us updated! There is a 2009 July bandster area you can go to as well!

Well I'm home the hospital. It took longer than I thought, but everything went fine. Surgery was good, but I woke up wheezing, so I was coughing for hours. Finally they gave me a breathing treatment. I don't have asthma but for some reason....oh I don't know. Anyway, we stayed longer because every time I fell asleep my O2 stats fell to 80%. We also had a long drive home, hour and a half. I have gas, not in my shoulder, but in my back, yuck!!!

I kept telling myself that this is the start of the rest of my life! I can't wait till tomorrow when I can have Tomato Soup, grits and cream of wheat. Small things make me happy after 10 days on Protein diet!

Congrats Ruth!!! It does get better! Take your pain meds so you take the edge off the discomfort! I was banded 7/7 and return to work tomorrow...i'm so glad the apprehension of the surgery is over...each day will get better and better! Would like to keep in touch if you feel like it! Good luck!

I am scheduled for surgery on July 23rd. I am starting to get pretty nervous. The thought of being put to sleep really creeps me out. It helps to read all of your experiences.

Hi everyone! I am getting banded on july 21. I am so nervous and excited! I just joined here but have been reading for a long time. Lots of people complain of gas after the band, does anyone know if we can take some gas relief meds? It comes in liquid form and tongue strips.........also how do i get that weight loss ticker thing on my profile? Im a computer dummy!!! Lol