Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

Hi Mary, my name is Jamie. I just had my lap band on July 7. I also live in NC. I live in High Point though. If you want to feel free to contact me..

Good luck to all getting banded. I got Banded om july 2 and saw the Dr. a week later for after Surgery follow up and all is going well so far.Am glad I took 5 days off before going back to work. Surgery went great but was reallllly happy to get off liquid diet and least get into soft foods. Will be going for first fill on July 31.Will alos be happy to get back doing full work outs. I am able now at least able to work out on treadmill at a mild pace.

Good luck to all getting banded. I got Banded om july 2 and saw the Dr. a week later for after Surgery follow up and all is going well so far.Am glad I took 5 days off before going back to work. Surgery went great but was reallllly happy to get off liquid diet and least get into soft foods. Will be going for first fill on July 31.Will alos be happy to get back doing full work outs. I am able now at least able to work out on treadmill at a mild pace.

Wallyone, I was banded on the 2nd too. I'm still on liquids. It's amazing how different the doctors work and what they say we can do. I get off liquids Thursday and can start exercising for real then too. I've been doing some pool stuff, but mostly playing because I don't want to pull something. I don't get filled until mid-August.

Edited by ocotillo

Wallyone, I was banded on the 2nd too. I'm still on liquids. It's amazing how different the doctors work and what they say we can do. I get off liquids Thursday and can start exercising for real then too. I've been doing some pool stuff, but mostly playing because I don't want to pull something. I don't get filled until mid-August.

OMG Seriously! That is over 2 weeks ago. I was banded on the 2nd. After 48 Hrs , I was on full/liquids/progressing to mushys. I moved to mushies like 8 days after surg. It's almost 3 weeks, 4 days away... Time for solids oh yea. My doctor said I should be on solids by week 4 which is 4 days. so... I will be!:wink2:

I go directly from liquids (full liquids) to solids, no mushies and no blender food. I'll live and my stomach has shrunk (even the lower one) so much that I already get full on relatively small amounts. So I guess I'm happy that I've had to do three weeks of liquids because it is preparing me to be happy with less real food.:wink2:

Hi,

Tomorrow is the day that I get my pre-surgical testing at the hospital. If all goes well, I will have my surgery the next Monday ( July 27 ). Anyone else getting banded on that date?

I have been reading a lot on this site and have picked up some valuable hints! Thanks Everyone!!!!!!

July 8th here!

Hey, my mom's name was Agnes!! Beautiful name.

I will be banded July 24 in Houston, TX by Dr. Ken Hollis. I started the pre-op diet on July 8 and I've turned down Cookies, meals, brownies, donuts, and cake... all in my own office since that day!

Yesterday I watched John Tucker Must Die and there is a point where he chows down on a Hershey Bar (my destruction of choice) and that was the first time I missed chocolate!

I am already down 17 pounds, so hopefully that means my liver will be ready for surgery!

Diet: I'm on a two Protein Shake, one lean meat with veggies meal, & one fruit a day plan. This has been a decent experience so far, and I look forward to making further progress post-surgery.

So, what is the July bandster group name, anyway?

It's the final countdown! Surgery is set for tomorrow at 11am. I never thought it would happen, but today after the consult with my surgeon, I thought to myself "What in the hell am I doing? I can do this on my own and not spend this much money!!" After about 3 minutes, sanity came back to me and I said, out loud to myself "If you could, you would have already done it, silly girl."

So with that said, I'm now just ready to get it over with. I'm not really nervous, just anxious I think. I'm also having my gallbladder taken out and I think I'm more nervous about that!

Good luck to all my sisters/brothers who are also getting banded tomorrow!! :smile:

Amy

Hey, Amy that is great news! Don't worry about your gall bladder, I had mine removed several years ago and have been doing great. Just concentrate on the lap band and how happy you are going to be!

I had my pre-op tests today (ekg & blood work). All set to get my band next Monday..so let me know how it goes for you this week.

Good luck!:smile:

Hey everyone surgery was tomorrow morning July 21st but doctor called today and changed it to Wednesday July 22.....Wish me luck................

Hi there...I'm a July 27 girl.

One week from today I will be banded...YAY!