Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Hey good morning everyone,

Hope everybody is doing well! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile in here. I've just been reading about complications and revisions, etc. I am starting to seriously consider a revision.

The band doesn't work for everyone and I think I'm one of them. I'm still losing thank goodness. The band gives me lots of misery though. I'm really tight all of a sudden again and I'm back to my surgeon on the 9th to get some more taken out. I'm also going to have him note that my port has been hurting really bad. Not all the time, but when it does it really is painful.

I'ts my open enrollment period for health insurance at work and i'm going to do some research on which ones I can choose that will perform the sleeve surgery. I so afraid to live without my band, I think it's the only reason I haven't gained *all* my weight back. I can surely eat around it though, and I never had a sugar addiction before banding. Now I do. I'm so unhappy really, but it's my struggle. I try not to bring anyone down so I only post in threads where people are experiencing what I'm going through. The band works miracles for some people. For me, it has made my addiction to food worse than ever and is very painful for me.

Anyway, I do hope everyone else here is doing good. I've lost a few more pounds since I've last been here, been really strong staying on course.

Have a great day all!

Morning guys. I'm rushing like a maniac this morning but wanted to stop in and say hi to all. Hope you have a great day.

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Was trying to catch up reading all the posts and although I don't have time to reply to each one, I hope you all continue to do well in whatever journey you're pursuing.

Having some personal family crises right now, but we'll get through them. The band is still working for me, just too tight some days and too loose on others. Weird how it fluctuates. I went to the doc last Thursday for a follow up and I had lost 5 lbs since I had been there six weeks prior. According to his scale I was 228, 100 lbs less than my heaviest weight, and 91 less than surgery weight. According to my scale this morning, I was 226. Just wanted to check in!

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Was trying to catch up reading all the posts and although I don't have time to reply to each one, I hope you all continue to do well in whatever journey you're pursuing.

Having some personal family crises right now, but we'll get through them. The band is still working for me, just too tight some days and too loose on others. Weird how it fluctuates. I went to the doc last Thursday for a follow up and I had lost 5 lbs since I had been there six weeks prior. According to his scale I was 228, 100 lbs less than my heaviest weight, and 91 less than surgery weight. According to my scale this morning, I was 226. Just wanted to check in!

I hope you get through your personal family crisis, I know those can be really stressful on us.

Congrats on your 5 Lbs!! That's great! :tongue2:

Irene,

I hope you are able to get a resolution to your band problems. We had surgery to make life better, not worse! The sleeve seems to be a great alternative.

Tskelli,

Hang in there. Family stuff can be so emotionally draining and food sabotaging!

Jul,

You hang in there too. Sounds like you are making some great realizations. Keep up the good work.

I'm doing pretty well. Making good choices and my band is still doing what it's supposed to without being too tight. I'm feeling grateful for that. I wonder how long that will last. As I read the complications, I have to face the fact that it may not be as permanent a fixture in my body as I initially thought. I'm so curious to watch cjjktWallace's journey without the band. If I were to lose the band, I wonder if I could maintain my loss without it. I like to think I could, but who knows? I'm at the point right now that if I'm not very careful about my eating and exercise my weight will creep back up, so how is that different band or no band?

Just found out our house sold. The one we're renting and have only been in since June. So we're moving again, by November 15th. Sigh. There are some good things in the works, though and we may be in a position to actually buy a house this time.

Irene,

I hope you are able to get a resolution to your band problems. We had surgery to make life better, not worse! The sleeve seems to be a great alternative.

Tskelli,

Hang in there. Family stuff can be so emotionally draining and food sabotaging!

Jul,

You hang in there too. Sounds like you are making some great realizations. Keep up the good work.

I'm doing pretty well. Making good choices and my band is still doing what it's supposed to without being too tight. I'm feeling grateful for that. I wonder how long that will last. As I read the complications, I have to face the fact that it may not be as permanent a fixture in my body as I initially thought. I'm so curious to watch cjjktWallace's journey without the band. If I were to lose the band, I wonder if I could maintain my loss without it. I like to think I could, but who knows? I'm at the point right now that if I'm not very careful about my eating and exercise my weight will creep back up, so how is that different band or no band?

Just found out our house sold. The one we're renting and have only been in since June. So we're moving again, by November 15th. Sigh. There are some good things in the works, though and we may be in a position to actually buy a house this time.

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear youre moving again! :thumbdown: However, that would be really great if you could end up buying a house. You wouldn't have to move again ever if you didn't want to.

You're right about life without the band. It does frighten me quite a bit. I think that's why I'm already accepting some kind of alternative. I don't want surgeries over and over again, as it seems to be the case with the band. Some people are really lucky and their bands last a really long time! I wish it were me, but I already can figure out where this is headed. I've read lots on here and I can tell I'm going in the direction of the majority that have lost their bands...

Ok everyone I'm off for the night. You all have a fantastic night.

I just wanted to say to EVERYONE but especially Irene (LILMISSDIVA) since you mentioned it. ALWAYS post here! The good the bad and the ugly. We are here for eachother through good and bad. It's fun to hear the good stuff but we certainly need to help eachother through the bad.

I suck with the keeping up with things. Dang it.

It's good to see you guys are all doing okay tskelli, I hope you get your family problems worked out.

I am moving to texas next thursday. I haven't seen Marcie for a month so I've been feeling really low.

I told Marcie that nothing that taste good is allowed in the house anymore cause I gotta get something working with this band.

I've taken up photography.

I love you guys. I promise to try to visit more often.

Hey guys. Great to see so many posting again.

Ready - Welcome back! Bet you'll be so glad to get moved and get back to a more normal life. It's such a great time to make new healthy choices and sounds like you're already doing that. Photography is so much fun. Enjoy

Lil - I really hope your band issues work themselves out for you. Hate it when things go wrong with them

tskelli - good to see you too! Congrats on the 100 pound mark!

Shiny - :thumbdown: I'm so sorry you have to move again. No fun at all. Now is a really great time to buy a house if you can do it. The bank is supposed to be signing the papers on my rental property tomorrow morning. Yay! Can you believe this? I'm actually looking for another one now. LOL I'm one sick puppy.

Hi Guys

I'm doing good apart from food .I want it!! I've put 12lbs back on which is good ,but all i seem to be eating is bad carbs. I knew there was a reason I had the band.

Going to the lake and Not taking any food with me.

Jul, lol! Thanks for the butt kicking... :mad: I will post in here more - you're right. Good times, bad times... we should keep in better touch!

RSG, hey girl! Photography sounds like a blast! I hope it helps to keep you occupied. Hmmm... maybe I need something to keep me occupied too! I hope you get to see Marcie soon as well!!

Maybe the Lake is something I can do... and not bring any food either, eh ckk?? hehe

Everyone have a great weekend! I'm not planning much at all, but maybe a good sleep in. Ahhh already sounds nice. :biggrin:

Irene, I am so sorry you continue to have problems with your band. Have they checked to see if it has slipped. Apparently that is what was causing my pain. Now that my band is back where it belongs I have no pain.

Today I actually got to eat soup!!!! I'm having cottage cheese for dinner. Can you remember back when a few bites of cottage cheese was a thrill?

I saw the doctor today. He took out my staples, YEAH I am below 200 lbs. I haven't seen these kinds of numbers in probably 20 years. I'm pretty excited.

I get my first fill in six weeks. We'll see how it goes. I'm a little afraid to get a fill, remembering the pain I had before but I don't want my weight to go the wrong way either.

I've been cleared to go on our vacation so we leave on Wednesday morning We are headed to the Northeast to see the fall foliage and the Amish in Pennsylvania. It should be fun.

Melissa. so sorry to hear you have to move again. Moving in any event is a drag. I hope you find the perfect house that you can stay in for a while.

Everyone take care!

Irene, I am so sorry you continue to have problems with your band. Have they checked to see if it has slipped. Apparently that is what was causing my pain. Now that my band is back where it belongs I have no pain.

Today I actually got to eat soup!!!! I'm having cottage cheese for dinner. Can you remember back when a few bites of cottage cheese was a thrill?

I saw the doctor today. He took out my staples, YEAH I am below 200 lbs. I haven't seen these kinds of numbers in probably 20 years. I'm pretty excited.

I get my first fill in six weeks. We'll see how it goes. I'm a little afraid to get a fill, remembering the pain I had before but I don't want my weight to go the wrong way either.

I've been cleared to go on our vacation so we leave on Wednesday morning We are headed to the Northeast to see the fall foliage and the Amish in Pennsylvania. It should be fun.

Melissa. so sorry to hear you have to move again. Moving in any event is a drag. I hope you find the perfect house that you can stay in for a while.

Everyone take care!

Hi STL! Nice to hear youre doing good! Wow congrats on the weight loss! Kinda makes me wanna be banded all over again...

As for me, I don't think I"ve slipped. I'm not tight like this all the time. Some days are ok, but the ones that are tight are a real b*tch! Scuse my language but it's the truth. :scared2:

I'm just going to keep having him take a little out at a time until I can get to the point I don't feel any pain at all when I eat. Ive felt good restriction.

I'm actually going to do the www.5daypouchtest.com starting tomorrow. I need to break this carb addiction (again) and start over. I know its time when I just start feeling really sick all the time! Then after my slight unfill I should be ok again.

TTFN VV's!

Hi everyone!

Been awhile since I posted too! Trying to catch up!.

ckkj-im glad your removal surgery went ok and they are moving forward w/ life w/o the band. You NEEDED to gain back some weight, so it sounds like you're going to be just fine. Please don't beat up on yourself! You are already a winner ( I mean..loser:wink_smile:)

STL-glad your surgery went well too! Aren't you so happy to be out of that pain and misery? You sound like you're doing great and CONGRATS on getting under 200:thumbup:

Shiny-sorry you're having to move again, but you sound like you're keeping things on track and maintaining a positive attitude..keep it up!

LilMiss- I've got my eye on you. You shouldn't be struggling so much with eating! Don't be afraid to get a total unfill. I don't want to sound preachy or scare you, but I suffered waaaay too long and kept telling myself I was ok..when I wasn't. Don't ignore your symptoms, sweetie! Please get checked out..you shouldn't be suffering in anyway, shape or form.:seeya:

RSG-good for you and your photography. And good to see your sweet,happy face on here!

tskelli- sorry to hear about your family crisis. I hope you're ok and know that we're here for you if you need support. ((hugs))

Jul-sounds like you're doing great too! Keep it up!

Ezma-hope you're hanging in there. How's your kitty?

Sorry if I forgot anyone!

As for me, I've had a rough couple of weeks. I went through some fertility treatment that included injections and an IUI. It didn't work:sad:. The meds were REALLY harsh on my body, and I gained 8 pounds of fluid:thumbdown: I was also really depressed when my preggie test came back negative and started the ol' emotional eating habit. I haven't had a fill since my band replacement..but guess where I'm going on Thrusday!!! I'm ready to get my new band working for me and maintaining my goal weight. It SUCKED seeing that scale moving back up. I'm trying not to beat myself up, but it really has been hard. I'm going to take a break from the fertility meds and am not sure where we go from here. I'm still hopeful that I will be a Mom someday..and hopefully that day comes sooner than later!

Love you all!

-Amy

Amy - I am sending you lots and lots of pregnant thoughts and wishes. It's hard trying to do so many things and once and I'm sure the stres you've had over the band problems didn't help the baby making. Hopefully things will settle down for you real soon. And my kitty is doing great. She's healed up and back to her happy self. Only the shaved tail is left to remind us, well, that and the bill.

Tap - Hope you're just missing because you're on that trip. Wishing you well.

SLG - Congrats on onederland!!!! That's fantastic.

Lil - thank you for the link to the 5-day, that' exactly what I've been needing and I really think I can do it right now. Yay!

Jul - you might want to try the 5-day pouch test too, it will really help to get rid of the carb cravings and get your pouch back in shape

Happy Monday to everyone. It's a glorious new week. Boy, oh boy, is that thinking positive. Gonna be a tense day for me since I have an inspection on a property that I still don't know if the bank has signed the paperwork on. Sheesh, bank repos are a pain to buy. Take care guys.