Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Here's hoping everyone has a great weekend!

I'm thrilled with how this week has gone as I've done the Body for Life program. I have lost 8 pounds somehow. I think there's definitely been some retained Water that I've lost. My husband has stuck with it really well, too. He didn't actually weigh to start with, so I'm not sure what his weight has done.

We have entered a new world of weight lifting! Part of this program has you do weights, three times a week. We did two upper body and one lower body work out. We're like a couple of goofs in the gym trying to figure out which machines do what, looking at the pictures in our Body For Life book, and then trying to figure out what weights are best. I'm glad we live in a small town and have a really low-key gym because I don't really feel conspicuous here. It's really nice.

I really like the aerobics part of this program. You do three days a week of 20 minute aerobic workouts. You workout according to intensity level, scale of 1-10. Whatever fitness level you are at and whatever activity you're doing, you can do this. You start with two minutes of level 5. Then you do a minute each of levels 6-9. You repeat that three times, the last time you get to 9 and then the next minute you go all out and go to 10 for one minute. Then one minute of 5 cool down and you're done. I feel like I'm getting so much more done in a 20 minute workout than I was in 45-60 minutes at a slower pace.

We took before pictures, but didn't take measurements. I think we will probably do those this weekend so we have some way to gauge our progress besides the scale and looks.

Just checking in to say Hi! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

You all take care!

Hey there. Sounds like everyone is doing really, really well. I had one slip but I'm back on track again. And I guess that is really what it's all about. Now I just need to get it to about 80% good and I'll be in great shape. I don't think I can do the 99.9% good again yet. I really do miss the scale going down a big chunk each month. We had a couple days of storms here and it really is starting to feel like fall. I know it won't last because we usually don't cool down until the end of October. But I'm still feeling really inspired and energetic this morning. Cool is so good after months of horrible heat.

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

Everybody have a safe, peaceful and fun weekend! If you fall off the horse this weekend just dust yourself off and get back on. We're alowed to have days that aren't all about diet or rules and restriction. As long as we don't look at those days as failures. Think of them as vacations, then it's back to reality the next day.

So, I was on a 2 month vacation??? :thumbup::)

Yes Jul, that is the truth. Don't focus onthe negative; every day is another chance...thank heavens!

I'm thrilled with how this week has gone as I've done the Body for Life program. I have lost 8 pounds somehow. We have entered a new world of weight lifting! Part of this program has you do weights, three times a week. We did two upper body and one lower body work out. We're like a couple of goofs in the gym trying to figure out which machines do what, looking at the pictures in our Body For Life book, and then trying to figure out what weights are best. I'm glad we live in a small town and have a really low-key gym because I don't really feel conspicuous here. It's really nice.

I really like the aerobics part of this program. You do three days a week of 20 minute aerobic workouts. You workout according to intensity level, scale of 1-10. Whatever fitness level you are at and whatever activity you're doing, you can do this. You start with two minutes of level 5. Then you do a minute each of levels 6-9. You repeat that three times, the last time you get to 9 and then the next minute you go all out and go to 10 for one minute. Then one minute of 5 cool down and you're done.

Sounds like an ambitious regime - weight lifting and the aerobics...sorta like what I USED to do. I just cannot get back into it. I am doing more physical stuff after my 'hiatus', but still no where near what I used to do!

Just checking in to say Hi! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hey SL - great to see you! Hope you had a great weekend.

I had one slip but I'm back on track again. And I guess that is really what it's all about. Now I just need to get it to about 80% good and I'll be in great shape. I don't think I can do the 99.9% good again yet. I really do miss the scale going down a big chunk each month. We had a couple days of storms here and it really is starting to feel like fall. I know it won't last because we usually don't cool down until the end of October. But I'm still feeling really inspired and energetic this morning. Cool is so good after months of horrible heat.

Morning Ezma! Well, I'm with you on 'can't be good 99% of the time" - I'm hoping to get back to good 50%!! I am still eating WAY too much, but small steps. small teeny tiny steps!

I can't say Im looking forward to the cooler autumn temps - we have't had a real summer yet!!! We have had though a record 8 nice days in a row - first time since April! Of course today it is cool and foggy.....blech!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I didn't do nearly the amount of things I had hoped to, but certainly I did more than previous weekends. I managed to weed and trim one flower bed, and mow the lawn for about 30 minutes - that was it. But compared to the last few months, that's a huge improvement! Too bad I wasn't inspired to keep at it, but I wasn't! Managed to get enough energy to prepare a BBQ meal for 8, and did a little baking too. So all in all, it wasn't toooooo bad.

How did everyone else do??

Morning all. Did you guys have a good weekend?

Tap - Really sounds like you're getting back on track. Don't beat yourself up. You really didn't do badly. Think about the old days and how much worse you would have been. They say you should take a vacation from exercise each year. LOL, but I think it's supposed to be 1 to 2 weeks. You and I just had nice, long ones.

I'm doing okay. Frustrated because I'm still fighting to get back in the swing. I'm not gaining anymore but not losing either. This is the third month of this. Can I get through this phase already? I know exactly what I'm doing wrong but can seem to break the bad carb addiction. My band is good and tight but that ice cream goes right down. Anyway, today is a new day and I start off with new determination. Very busy day ahead of me so I hope that helps.

Take care guys.

Thanks Ezma

It is difficult to get back 'into the groove'...I won't schedule another fill though until I am sure I am over my crazy eating. During my 'break', I ended up getting a slight defill as I was PB'ing, sliming, and in discomfort constantly. The mental stress was absolutely interfering with my band. So, when I'm back to my normal self psychologically then I will get an itsy-bitsy fill...until then it is sheer willpower (and I've little of that) keeping my eating a little in check. I haven't gained a LOT, but I have gained. :mad::mad2:

Soon...

Hi All

Well a decision has been made. i saw the Dr today and my band is coming out.

After 3 mths of not be able to eat solid food and the past 2 weeks of only Water, gaterade and broth I've had enough. I have lost 25lbs this month and look awful as I was already really at goal. Also the nightly throwing up of stomach acid has me in pain and I'm exchausted, I've been going to bed at about 6pm.

I'm sorry to sound negative, because the band has been a wonderful tool to lose weight and I would not have lost 115lbs by myself, but I can't live like this anymore as I don't DO pain.

Her in Canada I don't have to pay for the removal so that is something, I just hope it can be done laproscopically and it will cure all my reflux problems. I'm looking forward to being able to eat veg, fruit hey food.< /p>

I'll let you know how I do.

Love this thread.

Hi All

After 3 mths of not be able to eat solid food and the past 2 weeks of only Water, gaterade and broth I've had enough. I have lost 25lbs this month and look awful as I was already really at goal. Also the nightly throwing up of stomach acid has me in pain and I'm exchausted, I've been going to bed at about 6pm.

I'm sorry to sound negative, because the band has been a wonderful tool to lose weight and I would not have lost 115lbs by myself, but I can't live like this anymore as I don't DO pain.

Her in Canada I don't have to pay for the removal so that is something, I just hope it can be done laproscopically and it will cure all my reflux problems. I'm looking forward to being able to eat veg, fruit hey food.< /p>

Love this thread.

I am so sorry to hear that you have had these problems. I know what you mean by not liking pain. It is a daily thing for me right now too. I see my doctor in about two hours to find out what he wants to do about my band. We know there is a prolaps and we don't think there is any stomach erosion so the nurse indicated that they could probably replace the band. I hope I don't lose it alltogether because while I am not quite to goal, my weight has been stable for a year and that has never happened before.

Good luck to you! When is your surgery?

I hope your procedure goes well. I'm glad I didn't have to wait three months to figure it out. My Doc said it should be no problem to replace the band in the same surgery that they remove mine so I'm glad about that. Not looking forward to the Post-op diet again, although there will be an end to this and I am awfully tired of Isopure and chicken broth. Now I am just waiting for them to schedule it, but they can't do that until my insurance says it is OK. Gotta love American Insurance Companies.:blushing::w00t:

My surgery is Tuesday at 12:00, exactly 19 months after my first surgery. I hope that is a good omen. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Hi All

Love this thread.

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry for the complications! I know the misery of the acid reflux and not being able to eat..utter agony! The band has done it's job for you and I have NO DOUBT that you will maintain your amazing loss and healthy lifestyle. Most importantly, you will get relief from the pain. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and will look forward to your update!:thumbup:

My surgery is Tuesday at 12:00, exactly 19 months after my first surgery. I hope that is a good omen. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

SLG!! I'm soooo glad you finally have a resolution to your problem and that your band is going to be replaced. In the month since my replacement surgery, I've been a new person! Ya..doing the post op diet again sucks...but it's so much easier the second time around. And like I said to ckkj..you will be soooo happy to be out of your misery!! Hang in there, honey...you're almost there!:frown:

Morning everyone - and thank heavens it is Friday!!

CKK - I am so sorry that you had this situation develop. However, you have lost the weight, and now perhaps your new lifestyle can be continued without the band! Don't leave us though; we are still going to want to keep in touch and know how you are doing.

St Louis - glad to hear you can get a replacement and continue on your journey. Yes indeed, doing the post-op diet will suck, but you can do it!

I hope everyone else is doing ok...

Take care ladies!