Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Morning all. Hope everyone is doing well.

SLG - Yay! Glad everything went well for you and you're doing great post-op.

Tap - Your funk will lift too. If I could get mine to after 11 months, I have to believe it can happen for everyone. Just keep fighting with it each day and one day it will just kick back in.

Gonna be a shorty today since I'm running a bit late. Have a great one guys.

Hi SLG!

Glad your surgery went well. You know the routine for care, so at least that will be a little easier - although I doubt I could do the liquids only phase again!

Where did he put your port? Why did he move that?

I'm not sure why but when I asked him before the surgery if he was going to change the port and tubing, he said yes. I wasn't about to question why, he is the surgeon and knows what he is doing. The new port site is about an inch below the old one, right where the belt on my jeans goes so I'm not sure how that is going to work out. I'm just thrilled to have a new one so I'm not going to complain. (at least not to Dr. Scott.)

Today being day 3 post-op I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck. I'm sipping Isopure, blowing into my little breathing thingy and cursing the charter man because my cable isn't working. At least my internet is working so I can vent here.

Love you all.

Pat

SLG, Awesome! I'm happy for you. I feel for you going through the liquids only phase again, but of course it will be worth it. Do they know why your band slipped? Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I'm really having a lousy week. I gained 4 pounds back. I keep eating like crap, despite my efforts not to. It's enough to make you bang your head against the wall!:thumbup:

I'm not really sure what is wrong with me to make me eat so poorly after having such a great run. I'm having one of those days where you feel like why can't this be easier?!! It's days like today I feel like giving up because my progress is so slow. i know inside I don't want to give up, I would be devistated to gain all my weight back, but I just can't help but wish the fat would fall off effortlessly! :smile2: But of course there wouldn't be such thing as lap bands or bariatric surgery if that were the case. I've been in this slump before, I'll get out again, I just hate this. How could it be that I so badly want to reach a new low, but keep doing things to ruin my efforts! URGH!!!!

EZMA- glad your feeling back on track. I guess maybe sometimes you just need to go back to square A. I guess I should try it. Baby steps, baby steps.

Take care VV's

Jul - You can do it. We all can do it. Do you eat much sugar or simple carbs? I know I'm a major sugar addict and those cravings are what sabotage me. I've been fighting the last two days but I'm determined that today will be a good one. Yesterday I had a McFlurry and this morning I was back up 3 pounds. Huh? How the heck does that work? Anyway, I will be good today. One day at a time.

Have a great weekend everyone. I signed escrow papers on a house last night so I'm very happy. Now as long as I can live with the repairs that they find in the inspection, I will have a rental property. Woo hoo! Can't wait for the fun part. I love all the renovation stuff, especially when it's not where I live.

Hi All

Thanks SLG I'm so jealous you get to be rebanded. Goodluck.

I have my band removed tomorrow and then My battle will begin.Aslong as I follow bandster rules I'm sure I'll be fine. Just healthier.

Everyone else have a great week.

Nicole, hope your surgery went well and you are starting to get up and about. I'm finally starting to feel human again. Do you have to do the post op diet again? It's hard.

EZma, Yeah most unfortunately I have been having a lot of simple carbs. I plan on re viewing and making a new plan for myself. I just need to get out of this crazy carb frenzy! I know what you mean about the Mcflurry. Sometimes I feel like all I have to do is thinks about having a treat and I gain weight! Congrats on the property, hope it goes smoothly.

Where has LilmissDiva been? How are you?

Hope everyone else is well. Have a good weekend.

Carb withdrawl is no fun. I'm going to try and stay away from them from now on. It's no fun withdrawing from them.

Hey VVs....You may remember me saying how much I hate to shop...and I do. I was told on Friday that I have to present at a conference in another city, and that necessitated a new pair of dress pants. So, as there wasn't time to shop online, I had to go to the store today...ARGHH!! Anyway, I went into the store, and took an armful of clothes into the dreaded cubicle....AND.....

for the first time since I was about oh maybe 9, I fit into a SINGLE DIGIT sized clothing!!!! I don't care that it was a somewhat stretchy fabric and a manufacturer known for clothes that are a little big, I fit into a size 8......WHOO-HOO!!! And because I was just so stunned, I left the dressing room (another first, I usually hide in them), walked out and asked a saleslady if I was reading the tag correctly!! And THEN, because I was on a roll, I bought another pair, different color AND 2 new shirts...those unfortunately will always necessitate double-digit sizes.

I am just SOOO excited/stunned/delirious.....

Imagine if I had been eating properly and keeping up with the exercise for the last 2 months...perhaps this is the incentive I need to keep my appetite in check until I get my fill next month.

Happy dances, ladies, happy dances!!

The new port site is about an inch below the old one, right where the belt on my jeans goes so I'm not sure how that is going to work out. I'm just thrilled to have a new one so I'm not going to complain.

I hope the belt/port location doesn't become an issue, but you're right, at this time it is all about having a band that is working!

I'm really having a lousy week. I gained 4 pounds back. I keep eating like crap, despite my efforts not to. I'm not really sure what is wrong with me to make me eat so poorly after having such a great run. I'm having one of those days where you feel like why can't this be easier?!!

I would be devistated to gain all my weight back, but I just can't help but wish the fat would fall off effortlessly! :(

Oh Jul, I'm sorry you are struggling - and I know EXACTLY what you mean. Some days I just want to open the fridge, and cram absolutely everything into my mouth and eat it all with no restrictions, no issues and no guilt!! But I don't want to regain all the weight either...

Yesterday I had a McFlurry and this morning I was back up 3 pounds. Huh? How the heck does that work?

Have a great weekend everyone. I signed escrow papers on a house last night so I'm very happy. Now as long as I can live with the repairs that they find in the inspection, I will have a rental property. Woo hoo! Can't wait for the fun part. I love all the renovation stuff, especially when it's not where I live.

There is NO explanation for how the body works - I swear you can gain weight from looking at food, and bust your butt for 2 hours in exercise and lose 1 ounce!!!

Good news on the house; hope any renovations are kept to a minimum...unless you are anticipating a major makeover!

Where has LilmissDiva been?

I was wondering that too.

And where is Shiny? and RSG? and Lori? and Mum of 2? And angie? And Marathinner? and all the others????

Well, time to hit the mountain of laundry....and then pack as I will be gone for 2 weeks - taking a wee vacation too!

Take care everyone. I will check in before I leave.

Hi Guys

I am bandless! I came home yesterday and a little sore I have 6 new holes as they didn't use the same sites.

I forgot about the gas pain ,but have been able to walk through it.

After 18mths I"m hungry and can eat food. I don't have to do liquids. That was a little scary ,but I've tried to make good choices so far .I hope I can keep it up.

I hope I can stil be a VV.

I'm here! I'm doing really well. I'm enjoying this fall weather and keeping crazy busy.

I made a really awesome cake this week. I'll attach a picture of it.

Ckktwallace, the situation you are in would really scare me. Do you have a specific plan for your eating and fitness in order to help you make good choices? Won't that be amazing when you are able to keep at your goal weight by your efforts? You can do it!

Tap, Awesome NSV with the size 8 pants! Woo hoo!

STLGal, that would drive me crazy to have my port at my beltline. Maybe you can just wear high-waisted pants? Anyway, I can imagine you just being grateful for your band at all at this point.

Since starting the Body for Life stuff at the beginning of September I'm down 7-9 pounds. That is the most weight I have lost in a very long time. I need to be more careful on the eating part of the program. I wast stricter at first which is when most of that weight came off.

Hope you have a great weekend.

post-227665-13813138718944_thumb.jpg

Shiny, your cake is beautiful! I could use a piece right now. Protein Shakes and hot tea aren't really doing it for me but, I get Soup and cottage cheese on Thursday. I'm hanging on. I went to the store last night and got some elastic waist pants for our trip because I don't think I will be wearing a belt for a while. Knit pants are better for travel anyway. We leave on our vacation a week from Tuesday.

Tap, Wow, size 8. I haven't worn a size 8 since I was eight. I was just thrilled to by large's and have them be a bit big. You go girl!

ckkjteawallace, I'm sorry you weren't able to get your band replaced. Keep up what you have been doing and enjoy nice big salads and lots of fresh veggies. You can do this!!!! Make sure you stay in touch so we will know how you are doing. You will always be a Victorious Valentine.

My big news!!!!! I broke 200 this morning. I won't change the ticker until I see the Doctor on Thursday but this morning on my scale I was at 198!!!!! It's been about 20 years since I was there. I guess these liquids are good for something .

You all have a wonderful day!

Grats to all of you.

Tap - A size 8? Wow! What a truly wonderful NSV. That's gotta help motivate you. Yay. Enjoy your trip.

SLG - Way to go! You have to be just glowing. I think that's even better than the losing 100 pounds mark.

Shiny - I bet it feels so good to be losing a good chunk of weight again. I know you were fighting up and down for a while. Keep it up.

Nicole - Glad to hear your surgery went well. Hope this helps you to be more comfortable and to get enough nutrition to keep up your running pace. I think I'd be scared to death without the band. Did you really feel hungry right away? Well, I know you can handle it. You've done really, really well with the program.

Thanks Ezma, It is a point I never thought I would reach. The 100 lb mark will be fun too. Only 7 lbs away from that so hopefully soon. I just want to eat something other than clear/sugar free liquids.:biggrin:

How did you house inspections go. I can relate, my daughter just sold her house and those inspections can be a problem. Hers worked out fairly well and she closes on Thursday.

Tapshoes, OMG that is incredibly exciting! I can't wait until I'm there. Maybe you will start to love shopping. I already do, but that would really make crazy for shopping. Talk about a confidence booster! Congrats!

SLG- 100 pounds?!!! WOW! That is like losing a whole person. That is something to truly be proud of. Pat yourself on the back for sure!

Nicole- good luck on your bandless journey. But just because you don't physically have the band you're still one of us. Keep us posted on your progress.

EZMA, how are things for you? How is the house situation? I hope things are going well for you.

As for myself, I threw myself a big pitty party last week, but tha't over now. I had it out with myself and realize I just have to accept the fact that I'm just one of many unfortunate people who have a difficult time losing weight. I just have to buck up and do what is necessary for ME to lose weight. I should be thankful exercise isn't an issue for me, so that's half the battle. So I just need to start making better food choices. Stop eating goodies just because i feel sorry for myself, and stop the sodas! The sodas are the biggest killer for me. Because it would mean so much more to me to be one of the ones saying I'm at the 100 pound mark, or I'm wearing single digit clothing. Plus a friend I work with is getting ready to get the Lapband and She is so excitied and can't wait. I remember feeling that way, and now I feel like I'm taking it for granted when there are so many who would do anything to have the band.

Okay sorry for rambling on and on, but I feel like I had an awakening. I know it's all easier said than done but I really want to accomplish my goal. And now I feel I must be a good example of a bandster for my friend.

Well for those of you we haven't heard from in awhile, hope you're well. Come back !! Don't forget about us!!