Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

My trip was great, and many things that we did, I would never have attempted at my former weight. It was really neat to be able to climb on rocks and walk along the beach without huffing and puffing.

A wonderful feeling, isn't it??? It's a whole new life!

Tap - Snow? Eeek! I'll wish the snow away for a bit longer for you so you can play in the dirt more.

The house is really coming along nicely. And the bank account is emptying at a proportionate rate. Arrrgg! I think I'm having fun though. LOL

Yes Ezma, snow!! And tghe garden work isn't done yet, either!

Sounds like you are having fun with the house-buying/ renovations...enjoy!

Heya VV’s!

My Surgeon did tell me my insurance would not cover a revision surgery. However he did take note of the issues I’d been having and will set up an Upper GI for me.

He really gave me a pep talk too because he could see I had just wanted to give up on the band. He told me he really believes I can do it with the lap-band®®. I’m being sent to his dietician next week and he told me to keep a food journal until then. He also wants me to keep some kind of monthly schedule with her. He was very concerned with my emotional well being, so he was very kind, but he also reminded me that the reason I got surgery was because I can’t do it alone. That is what they are there for, so I need to start coming to see them more for awhile until I can kick my bad habits.

He did also remove 1cc from my band and I felt great eating dinner.< /span>

I haven’t been having any pain with eating at all!! I slept all night with no waking up with coughing fits or heartburn, my chest doesn’t feel so constricted, and I get that full sensation super fast. Not a bad full like pain, but like an actual full feeling. My meals have been lasting 4-5 hours too! I’m so happy!!

I’m so excited… and I’m beginning to wonder, could that have been my problem all along? Being too tight?

D[/size][/font][/color][/b]

LlMiss - Your doc sounds wonderful - he really does seem to have your best interest and health at heart. I'm glad he is taking the time to work with you and arrange tests and appointments. I'm also delighted to removed some fill - I too wonder if that has been your issue all along...hate to think it, but glad he is going to make sure.

Keep us posted on your journey!

AS for me - a horrible weekend food-wise and exercise-wise. I ate everything - nothing in moderation, and was a blob....what is wrong with me?? It's almost like since I've reached within 10 pounds of goal, my mind has decided to sabotage me...and I can't resist....

BLAH!:blink::w00t::thumbup:

Edited by tapshoes
typo's

Good Monday Morning!

Tap, you are so close to goal now, you have to just get across that finish line! I’m sure you can smell the banner and line tape from here! J

You’re right I do have a really good doctor. He really refreshed me and reminded me of a lot of things. Mainly that being too tight is the worst thing you can do. It will completely sabotage the entire program for yourself. It’s best to maybe even be a little bit on the looser side. I’m doing really good. I did notice I ate more than I probably should have yesterday, but I’m not going to mess with it. I think my body is enjoying the good solid food I’ve been giving it because as of this morning I’m back down to 252.5 Lbs. It’s not my official weigh in day so I won’t put that in my signature line yet but it’s nice to see that!

Well hope everyone has a really great day! TTFN!!

LilMiss, I am so glad you got some encouragement from your doctor. Keep those appointments (I know that is what motivates me to eat right) You can do this, A tight band is the worst nightmare a banster can have, I'll be interested in knowing what the upper GI shows. Hopefully they will be able to head off any major problems before they get to the "emergency" stage. Getting back to the basics is the right start! :thumbup:

Tapshoes, Hang in there, the body likes to send us on merry chases sometimes. Get back to the basics! It's easy to slip off the track (says she who ate gallons of lobster bisque instead of low fat cottage cheese) but you can get back. Let your tool work for you. Get back to eating the good Proteins first and drinking lots of Water and it will work.

Ezma, Keeping busy is what works best for me when I'm off track. When I'm busy I don't think about food all the time so I don't graze. Fast food isn't necessarily bad if you are only eating it at mealtime. McFlurries?? a necessary evil! Just don't overdo it. enjoy fixing up your rental property and I hope you get good renters fast!

Shiny, How is the unpacking going? Any word on hubby's job? Mine is starting shift work again next week, ugh! one month days, one month evening and one month nights before he starts the whole cycle over again. he's not a happy camper right now. but it's four 10 hour days on and three off so I think he'll adjust. the question is, will I.

As for me, I had a busy weekend. Weighed in at curves and am back down to half a pound less than when we left on vacation so I'm happy. Made a quick trip to my dad's for a family friend's funeral. Sad, but good to see the family. Nibbled too much in the car on the way home, Why do I let myself buy chex mix? Still trying to unpack from the trip and making poodle skirts for the neices halloween costumes. Haven't started mine yet. Yes, I'm making myself a poodle skirt for halloween. It'll be a hoot.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love ya!:blink:

Ohhhh and PS… strange I would even have one, but I kinda had a very interesting NSV just last night. I was folding laundry and to my surprise I hear a “cling, cling, cling”. I looked down immediately because I knew what the sound was! My wedding rings fell right off my fingers!! I knew it was close but I guess last night put me over the edge. I panicked a little bit because I was scared I’d lose them!

Anyway, they are size 8. I had to go into my jewelry box to find a ring that I could at least wear with my wedding band to hold it into place. I looked at all of them even into a size 7, all of them being still way too big. The only one I could find was a size 6 and it even fits a little loose, but it fits enough to where I don’t feel scared it will fall of. I even shook my hand violently just to be sure… LOL!!

My body is changing every day. I think I don’t give myself enough credit. The fact I won’t give up or give in should really be a motivator in itself. All my tools are in alignment now! So I hear December 21, 2012 is going to be the end of the world according to many folklore and the Mayan Calendar. Well, I at least wanna be thin and able to run if I have too! :-P

I just want to note to all of you I have made a concrete decision today. I know I can do this, with all my tools I have. I have so much support in my corner. No matter what the future holds and they need to remove my band, I will agree to be re-banded. I started this and I will finish it. I will NOT be a band failure!!! :thumbup: Of course the only way would be if it were medically impossible to get another one...

Edited by LilMissDiva

Congratulations. I have to wear my wedding rings on my right hand because they are way to big for the left. I don't want to resize them until I'm closer to goal. I wear my mother's ring (the one with my kid's birthstones) and an cheap wedding band on my left hand to hold it in place. Good problem to have.

Well, I wanted to let you all know that I've decided I'm not going to lose any more weight. In fact I think I'll start gaining some. I'm going to start wearing bigger clothes again. . .

. . .at least for the next eight months! Yes, I'm pregnant. :thumbup: I'm happy and nervous about the band and pregnancy. It will be a new adventure. Baby should be due in June.

Still waiting for official word on the job.

Well, I wanted to let you all know that I've decided I'm not going to lose any more weight. In fact I think I'll start gaining some. I'm going to start wearing bigger clothes again. . .

. . .at least for the next eight months! Yes, I'm pregnant. :thumbup: I'm happy and nervous about the band and pregnancy. It will be a new adventure. Baby should be due in June.

Still waiting for official word on the job.

Congratulations! It's worth it to gain a little weight for that reason. Best Wishes.

I admit, you got me at first!! Hehe!!

Congratulations Melissa and Hubby and family!!! (((hugs))) J

Congratulations, Melissa. I am so happy for you; I know this is something you wanted.

:cursing::w00t::scared2::w00t:

Congrats Shiny!!! That's absolutely wonderful news. Does that qualify as an NSV? hehe

Have a great day guys. I"m off to the doctor's. Didn't lose as much as I wanted but I think I'm down a couple from my last visit. Woot!

Hey all, not much to report really.

Congradulations to Melissa. All the weight you lost will give you a better chance at a healthy pregnancy. Lower risk of Gestational diabetes and high BP. Keep us posted on how things go for you, best wishes.

LilMissDiva- It's nice to see you all fired up again. It was funny about your ring falling off. Usually we're so busy about losing weight off our bellies or backsides we forget about the little places it comes off of.

Tapshoes-How is your struggle going? I've had a better time for 2 days now. I pray it lasts.

Ezma- how are you? things ok for you?

Okay group hug!

Good morning VV’s!!

Ezma, how did the doctor’s visit go?

Melissa, we’re so happy for you! A VV Band Baby!! So excited. Please keep us informed of all the fun stuff! J

Jul, hey girl! So nice to see ya in here! Yeah the ring falling off was a huge sign. It wasn’t even falling off me when I was 227, so some weird weight shifting thing is definitely going on with me. I’ll take it!

How are YOU doing??

In fact, how are all the VV’s doing? Please check in!!!!

Myself, well I’ve had a terrible last two days. I've eaten over 40 points each day!! Ugh! I think my surgeon took out too much! This lion’s hungry and won’t let me forget it. I've also noticed I can take huge bites and eat tons! L Ah, well. I haven’t felt hunger like this in over a year so I didn’t handle it well.

So today, I took a Slim Shot, and have my desk area surrounded in healthy choices! I have to show my nutritionist what I've eaten and I’m sure she’ll question those last two days. Today however is going to be really good! Those Slim Shots really work, and I can count them as a healthy oil. They are also 1 point too though, so I gotta own up to it. Whatever. I’m so gonna do this you guys!!!!!! I have to!! NO way am I gonna fail this. The average bandster loss to goal is 5 years. I’ll make it 3. ;-)

Have a successful day too all!

Hey Girls! I'm having kind of a blue day today. Not sure why, nothing specific has happened. But nothing new or nothing serious, so I'm sure I'll get through it.

LilMissDiva, something you said did cheer me up a little though. I gues that is something I forgot, that typical Lapband weight loss to reach goal is about 5 years. I don't feel like a failure now! Sometimes I'm able to aknowlege the fact that I've lost 60 pounds, and that that is a significant amount of weight, but other times I feel like I have a long ways to go and wonder how I'll do it. But on the up side, today I did my workout (1 hour of Kettlenetics, ouch!)even though it took every ounce of strength to get out of bed this morning! So far eating today hasn't been too terrible.

Melissa, has your band already been emptied? How are you feeling?

Ezma, how is your side of the world?

Tapshoes, have things improved for you?

Okay ladies, we must, we must! :thumbup:

Hey Jul! Yes, I always try to remember that when I’m feeling down about the time I’ve let slip by. It’s much harder for bandsters to lose, thus our successes are seen at a longer time in the future. That’s okay with me, because I do know that I’m going to get myself in gear.

I’m going to make this work! Sure I”ve said that before, but one of these times it’s going to be true! LOL :-P

Hang in there Jul, you have yourself on the right track! J