Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Good news:thumbup:

It appears that my insurance will pay for a rebanding if medically necessary. I talked to a woman there this morning. Here is the kicker, if I go outpatient I have to go through the whole pre-determination process again, if I go inpatient all they have to do is get it precertified. The difference is $400 out of my pocket but I guess it worth it to get it done quickly. We leave on vacation September 30 and I would like to be healed by then. I got an earlier appointment with the doc too so things are looking up.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

It appears that my insurance will pay for a rebanding if medically necessary. I talked to a woman there this morning. Here is the kicker, if I go outpatient I have to go through the whole pre-determination process again, if I go inpatient all they have to do is get it precertified. The difference is $400 out of my pocket but I guess it worth it to get it done quickly. We leave on vacation September 30 and I would like to be healed by then. I got an earlier appointment with the doc too so things are looking up.

Great news!! I'm so glad that you can get re-banded with insurance (if nec.) Yay!!

SLG I'm glad to hear there is some light at the end of the tunel for you. I have heard it is possible for the band to go back into place after being emptied. That would be great! But if not at least the insurance will pay for re-banding and you can continue your journey, hopefully trouble free! Do they or you know what caused your band to slip?

Lil misdiva, that is so great that WW has given you so much inspiration back. I have gone to WW in the past and it really is a great program. But that was before being banded and I use to get so hungry I couldn't stand it. One of many reasons why it was too difficult to lose weight on my own. Now I just try to eat as healthy as I can. Some days are better than others as we all know. Right now my band is really working in preventing me to eat too much. I hope it lasts. And of course all the VV's support is AWESOME!!!

SLG,

I'm glad you've gotten good news about your insurance. Keep us posted on your progress.

I'm doing really well! I am down to 193 (192, actually after exercising and bathrooming) again. That's a 5-6 pound drop from where I was at the beginning of the week. I had just had a couple of really bad eating days, so I don't know how permanent the weight gain would have been. I do know, though, that it would have stayed high and continued to go up if I hadn't made some big changes. Now to just continue on down the scale!

I'm ready to change my ticker back, even though I don't think it will stay long. Have a great day, Ladies.

Morning all.

SLG - OMG and I'm so glad to hear you at least got some positive things going now. At least you don't have to fight the insurance on top of everything. I have every appendage crossed, hoping it will correct itself for you.

I've been doing pretty well. I've tracked my foods for 4 days now. Yay! I think it's really helping out too. I can't do the catatonic eating now. I also have a huge NSV for me. I managed to go into Fry's grocery store now twice and didn't buy my Peanut Butter cookie. Woo hoo! I found some willpower again.

Also, where the heck is Crystal? HAven't seen a posting from her in ages. Anyone hear from her? Hope she's doing well.

That's fabulous news, SLG!!

Keep us posted.

Now I just try to eat as healthy as I can. Some days are better than others as we all know. Right now my band is really working in preventing me to eat too much. I hope it lasts. And of course all the VV's support is AWESOME!!!

Hey Jul! That's it, the band works with us. You are doing great.

I'm doing really well! I am down to 193 (192, actually after exercising and bathrooming) again. That's a 5-6 pound drop from where I was at the beginning of the week. Now to just continue on down the scale!

Shiny - Another post of good news! YAY you!

Morning all.

I've been doing pretty well. I've tracked my foods for 4 days now. Yay! I think it's really helping out too. I can't do the catatonic eating now. I also have a huge NSV for me. I managed to go into Fry's grocery store now twice and didn't buy my Peanut Butter cookie. Woo hoo! I found some willpower again.

Also, where the heck is Crystal? HAven't seen a posting from her in ages. Anyone hear from her? Hope she's doing well.

And yet another good news poster - whoo hoo!!! Your NSV is wonderful Ezman; I know how those Cookies were calling out to you!

Yes indeed, where are Crystal, Lori, RSG, Mom of 2, and others???

Comeon ladies, post and let us know what's happening!

I still havenot made it back to the Y after my month of the 'blahs'. I am however back to walking to/from work, and being more careful on my food. Not great, but certainly a LOT better than last month. I just need to keep on swimming!

:biggrin: Oh yay...I'm sooo relieved to hear that! I've truly been worried about you!! Glad you're getting it resolved and your insurance will take care of things!:tt1:

Everyone is doing a GREAT job getting back on track!!

I've got alot going on this week. Hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for quite awhile. I guess God works in mysterious ways since it would have been BAD if I had gotten preggie the last couple of months with my slipped band. Now that I'm fixed, I've been doing a cycle of fertility meds and am getting an IUI (yep..turkey basted..lol) on Saturday! There is nothing more than I want than to be a mommy, so I would love and appreciate your prayers! The band has given me the gift of health, and losing this weight is going to give me the best chance of fulfilling my dream. Thanks for letting me share, ladies. I'll update you on how everything is going:wub:

Keep up the good work everyone!!!:lol:

Alright Ezma! Every effort adds up. It's amazing When you actually start logging what you eat how sometimes you actually turn down some stuff because when you have to look at it in writing somehow it seems worse. Know wonder you resisted your cookie! Yay!

That is awesome Shinyhappymommy, you avoided the 200 range. I had to laugh to myself when you said weighing after "exercising and bathrooming etc." I do the same thing, I get up at 5:00am to workout, then I go to the bathroom, then I strip down anything and everything I can remove from my body then weigh myself. Once I eat and drink then I feel like that's not my true weight.

Tapshoes, What your doing is great. Don't downplay any efforts you make. Walking to and from work is excellent, and of course monitoring your diet as best you can will make a difference.

As for myself I hit a new low, 198. I am thrilled, I'm hoping by Saturday I can say 197 or 196. I'm just glad the scale is moving in the right direction again. I have been extra careful with the goodies. For some reason I'm not craving that type of stuff right now. I'm not sure why, but I'll take it!

getting an IUI (yep..turkey basted..lol) on Saturday! There is nothing more than I want than to be a mommy, so I would love and appreciate your prayers! The band has given me the gift of health, and losing this weight is going to give me the best chance of fulfilling my dream. Thanks for letting me share, ladies.

marathinner - I will certailnly keep you in my prayers; I hope everything is succesful.

I hit a new low, 198. I am thrilled, I'm hoping by Saturday I can say 197 or 196. I'm just glad the scale is moving in the right direction again. I have been extra careful with the goodies. For some reason I'm not craving that type of stuff right now. I'm not sure why, but I'll take it!

Congratulations Jul! And yes, don't question why, just accept the change in appetite, and use it to it's best advantage!!

That is not the face of a happy girl. LOL

Maybe not, but it is a face of determination...and it gave you success!! I am so happy for you (but still perplexed by the whole urge to run:blink:).

OK ladies, lets everyone have a great weekend. Keep on swimmin!!

Jul, that’s so great your restriction is doing well for you! It’s so hard sometimes to find that spot where you can still eat healthy solid food and get all your food groups in, but still be tight enough to where you’re not hungry all the time. I might be looking for an iddy biddy fill maybe next month. And I mean iddy biddy too. J

Melissa, good job!! Excellent!!

Ezma, that is so great you found some will power again! Isn’t it just the best??? Hang in there and things will just start blasting back full speed for you!!

Tap, baby steps. I know you will be back to your workout self soon!

Mara, you’re so right! There was a reason behind not getting preggers right away. It turned out to be for the best. Anyway, no biggie on how it happens, so long as it does. I pray you & hubby will get your bundle(s) of joy soon!!

Jul, CONGRATS!! I’m so excited for you! Wow, 198??? I’m gonna keep racing until I get there! Of course I won’t stop once I do, but it will just be so awesome to see a 1 in from instead of a 2 or 3. I haven’t been in the ones since I was a teenager…

Angie, CONGRATS to you as well!!! You’re so lucky you can do that. I envy you! Question though, why wouldn’t you be happy?

Well as far as me, I’ve posted another 2.5 Lb loss and I’m back into the 240’s I’m happy to say!! Wow, it’s been over 4 months since I’ve been here. I let my vacation lag much too long.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in so I have to be extra good today so as not to gain any.

Everyone have a great and blessed Holiday! Try not to drink too many Cerveza’s and eat too many chips and salsa. Ok, maybe I’m really talking to myself here… lmao!

Jul, that’s so great your restriction is doing well for you! It’s so hard sometimes to find that spot where you can still eat healthy solid food and get all your food groups in, but still be tight enough to where you’re not hungry all the time. I might be looking for an iddy biddy fill maybe next month. And I mean iddy biddy too. J

Melissa, good job!! Excellent!!

Ezma, that is so great you found some will power again! Isn’t it just the best??? Hang in there and things will just start blasting back full speed for you!!

Tap, baby steps. I know you will be back to your workout self soon!

Mara, you’re so right! There was a reason behind not getting preggers right away. It turned out to be for the best. Anyway, no biggie on how it happens, so long as it does. I pray you & hubby will get your bundle(s) of joy soon!!

Jul, CONGRATS!! I’m so excited for you! Wow, 198??? I’m gonna keep racing until I get there! Of course I won’t stop once I do, but it will just be so awesome to see a 1 in from instead of a 2 or 3. I haven’t been in the ones since I was a teenager…

Angie, CONGRATS to you as well!!! You’re so lucky you can do that. I envy you! Question though, why wouldn’t you be happy?

Well as far as me, I’ve posted another 2.5 Lb loss and I’m back into the 240’s I’m happy to say!! Wow, it’s been over 4 months since I’ve been here. I let my vacation lag much too long.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in so I have to be extra good today so as not to gain any.

Everyone have a great and blessed Holiday! Try not to drink too many Cerveza’s and eat too many chips and salsa. Ok, maybe I’m really talking to myself here… lmao!

Lil Miss...I'm SO proud of you! You are doing so awesome with WW..keep it up, girl!:sneaky: But...mmmm...chips and salsa do sound good!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Oh and Angie..that's the face of an athlete...you look awesome!

Lori, where are you?????

Mom of 2 - Are you still around?

CoolCrystal - Just because Im back didn't mean you had to go...

RSG, come back!!!!

To all the VVs, have a great weekend. And if your travels (in real life or cyber space) you meet some of our VVs who haven't posted in a while, tell them we miss them!

Hey girls! I don't have much to report today. Except that I did start looking into "Diet sabbotage" there are some very interesting articles on the Prevention web site. One of the articles mentioned a book called Fatitudes. It talks about all sorts of different reasons why we hide behind our fat. I think I'll look for this book, because the article helped me understand myself a little better. Basically about the way I grew up, the way my parents were. Their love was very conditional most of the time, so it was saying that someone like me gains weight almost as a way to rebel against people who only accept you when your "normal weight". My whole family my whole life always taunted me and harped on me about my weight. And about a lot of other things. Anyway that's a little depressing to talk about when we have a 3 day weekend to look forward to!

Lil'missdiva, Give yourself a big pat on the back! You deserve it. Your determination is very inspiring. It's been quite awhile for me too since I was in the 100's. Before I got my band I was convinced I would never get out of the 200's, and I knew I was headed for the 300's. Then somehow I heard about Lapband and looked into it. Boy am I happy I did! Are you still considering the sleeve? I hope the band is it for me, my husband would totally freak if I said I wanted another surgery. I hope your next fill works out better for you.

Everybody have a safe, peaceful and fun weekend! If you fall off the horse this weekend just dust yourself off and get back on. We're alowed to have days that aren't all about diet or rules and restriction. As long as we don't look at those days as failures. Think of them as vacations, then it's back to reality the next day.