Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice. I was banded on the 17th with the Realize Band, it is now almost a week later, I have a mass pain on my right side all the time, when I go from laying down to sitting up it's like a major pains in my stomach and along my right side, when I go from sitting up to standing up it is like I have to do it bent forward very slowly to get myself all the way up, there is still alot of pain when I do that, but not as much as there would be if I was to stand up in a hurry. Has anyone else experienced this? It hurts to walk or anything, but it is almost a week out and I have been reading most of these pains should be gone by now.

Mandie

Mandie, it sounds as if you have pulled a muscle. I am having no pain or soreness in my surgery sites. The first time I was banded, I had a problem in that I pulled my port. I also got a minor infection in the port area. My home doc was able to give me an antibiotic which cleared it up quickly. I believe when I pulled it, it irritated it enough to cause the minor infection. It was no big deal but needs you surgeons attention.

Hope it gets better soon. Corliss

Hey Ya'll! I am 15 days post op and I'm feeling great! I have been released from my doctor for regular duty. I went to the gym and had a great workout today. Felt great. I'm eating small meals and drinking my Protein Shakes. So far so good. I'm down around 21 lbs and my energy level is high. People are starting to notice. This is one of the great prizes folks. Feeling great, high energy, getting positive feed back. I wish this for all my June bandster buddies.

Mandie, it sounds as if you have pulled a muscle. I am having no pain or soreness in my surgery sites. The first time I was banded, I had a problem in that I pulled my port. I also got a minor infection in the port area. My home doc was able to give me an antibiotic which cleared it up quickly. I believe when I pulled it, it irritated it enough to cause the minor infection. It was no big deal but needs you surgeons attention.

Hope it gets better soon. Corliss

Corliss, thanks, I actually went to the dr on Wed, they did a catscan and all she said since I have had 2 surgeries within 2 weeks of one another that my body is just taking alonger period of time to heal. If it is not feeling better by next Wed I will be going to see another surgeon for a second opinion though. I don't want to second guess my surgeon, but if it's not feeling better it is more then just taking longer to heal. I will call her in the morning though and ask her if it could possibly be a pulled muscle. I am so paranoid that there was something wrong with the port, my husband asks me that all the time about the port as it is the muscle where the port is attached. Thank you for the advice, I sure will be asking in the morning if it is possible.

Mandie

Corliss, thanks, I actually went to the dr on Wed, they did a catscan and all she said since I have had 2 surgeries within 2 weeks of one another that my body is just taking alonger period of time to heal. If it is not feeling better by next Wed I will be going to see another surgeon for a second opinion though. I don't want to second guess my surgeon, but if it's not feeling better it is more then just taking longer to heal. I will call her in the morning though and ask her if it could possibly be a pulled muscle. I am so paranoid that there was something wrong with the port, my husband asks me that all the time about the port as it is the muscle where the port is attached. Thank you for the advice, I sure will be asking in the morning if it is possible.

Mandie

Mandie, I read about you husband and son, and that is unbelievably sweet about the 3 year old eating the yogurt! You may be breaking a multigenerational pattern of obesity. He just sounds adorable. Hang in there, girl. It will get better. I had almost no pain from the lap band this time, but my plastic surgeon tells me it is extrememly unusual for anyone to have pain from a face lift and I have had much more than my share, but it is getting a lot better, with the right drugs and the TLC from my sweet sitter named Angela. I call her mi Anghelita! She has been for sure. I would not advise anyone to have major plastic work without a professional sitter. She is amazing. My partner would not have been able to have handled this must less know what to do to deal with the issues I have had. Everything happens for a reason and I am actually glad she has not had to experience thsi with me step by step. I am so excited about what I believe the outcome will be. I think it will all be worth it.

Glad you will not settle for just one md's advice if he is not doing anything for you because if you do have a pulled muscle and that is all it is, you need to know it. In the meantime, you might put some ice on it. If it has some infection then you need antibiotics and it will be no big deal but if you have infection and don't get antibiotics there could be big trouble.

Take care,

Corliss

Mandie, I read about you husband and son, and that is unbelievably sweet about the 3 year old eating the yogurt! You may be breaking a multigenerational pattern of obesity. He just sounds adorable. Hang in there, girl. It will get better. I had almost no pain from the lap band this time, but my plastic surgeon tells me it is extrememly unusual for anyone to have pain from a face lift and I have had much more than my share, but it is getting a lot better, with the right drugs and the TLC from my sweet sitter named Angela. I call her mi Anghelita! She has been for sure. I would not advise anyone to have major plastic work without a professional sitter. She is amazing. My partner would not have been able to have handled this must less know what to do to deal with the issues I have had. Everything happens for a reason and I am actually glad she has not had to experience thsi with me step by step. I am so excited about what I believe the outcome will be. I think it will all be worth it.

Glad you will not settle for just one md's advice if he is not doing anything for you because if you do have a pulled muscle and that is all it is, you need to know it. In the meantime, you might put some ice on it. If it has some infection then you need antibiotics and it will be no big deal but if you have infection and don't get antibiotics there could be big trouble.

Take care,

Corliss

Corliss, Thanks, he is so sweet. I will post a pic of him in my profile tomorow. I keep meaning to post pics and info in it and keep forgeting. Lol. Yea it is breaking a tradition of obesity, both me and his dad are obese, I get it from my father, so I don't want to pass it along to my lil man. I never knew they had anything as in a professional sitter, that is something good to know. My husband takes great care of me though, but hey, u-no sometimes husbands hit those nerves. LOL. I hate only having on dr advice and it seems like it is the wrong peice to me. So like I said if I am not better I will be getting another one Wed, I am already missing a wedding tomorow, err. I keep ice on it everynight then every hour or so during the day I keep ice on it, just to calm it down alittle. I am not if you have any advice, but when I am really cold or just waking up and it is cold in the house, I start to shake in cold and my mouth is shivering so bad, then my abdominal muscle starts to contract almost like when I was in labor, do you have any advice or know what this could be caused from? My dr says it is just part of the process, but it is so painful, it has almost taken me down a few times, luckely when I get up like that my husband walks with me or I would have landed on the floor a few times. Any advice?

Mandie

Hey Mandie, I know what you can do for "waking up cold". Come to any southern state in the summer!! It's HOT here! (Arkansas) Hope you're doing better. Best wishes.

Hey Mandie, I know what you can do for "waking up cold". Come to any southern state in the summer!! It's HOT here! (Arkansas) Hope you're doing better. Best wishes.

Oh I plan on that, we are moving back to Texas sometime in August. My husband don't want to leave until I get to my "sweet spot" and all so I don't have to start over with a new surgeon that don't know me somewhere else.

Ok, I have just two days till surgery, June 30th..little nervous...had to go to cardio doc last week, that scared me, but I got cleared for surgery.went for the last surgeons visit and he said I also have a hernia, anyone else have that problem? He said he would fix it while he was there...just a couple stiches he said...

My surgery is also Tuesday so good luck! Just curious-how did your doctor diagnose the hernia?

When I did pre-op testing, I had to do a barium swallow test,he saw it there, that is why I also had to do stress, and echo cardiogram. Good luck on your surgery too, guess we are the last, have learned alot from reading other peoples posts, some good, and some have scared me spitless..

When I did pre-op testing, I had to do a barium swallow test,he saw it there, that is why I also had to do stress, and echo cardiogram. Good luck on your surgery too, guess we are the last, have learned alot from reading other peoples posts, some good, and some have scared me spitless..

I had a huge hiatal hernia which Dr zapata only found when he went inside. It did not show up on my upper gi which was very thorough nor did my surgeon who removed the previous lap band find it. I am so glad it was found and fixed. Hopefully this banding will be problem free, so far so good. No pain a little over a week out. I am on mushies now. Beans and potaoes are mighty good as is cottage cheese and mashed banana. Banded again and loving it!

Corliss in Monterrey

1st band

Nov 17, 2005 by Dr Sanchez

Removed Sept. 19, 2008 in Chatt TN by

Dr. Sass

Day of banding 356

Day of removal <170

Gained up to 230 lbs and lost to 219 by day of banding

June 18, 2009

Monterrey by Dr Zapata

Plastic surgery

June 23, 2009 by Dr Alexandro Cardenas

arms and face,

PLS SEE my PS album

Mandie - It took me over a week before I was able to get in/out of bed without a lot of pain. And almost 2 weeks before I was able to walk faster than a snail's pace. I also had chills at night. Fortunately, at 3 weeks post op, I am doing fine now. I'm sure your double surgery hasn't helped the situation. Anesthesia can take a lot out of you. But it's good that you follow up with your doctor. Good luck!

RitaLou - I read that hernias can be quite common, and easy to fix while they are doing LBS. When I got my insurance approval it included both LBS & hernia surgery. I asked my surgeon about it, and he said it was precautionery, in case I needed it, it would be pre-approved. As it turned out, I didn't need it. Good luck on Tuesday.

Joan

Regarding a hernia, when I got

Mandie - It took me over a week before I was able to get in/out of bed without a lot of pain. And almost 2 weeks before I was able to walk faster than a snail's pace. I also had chills at night. Fortunately, at 3 weeks post op, I am doing fine now. I'm sure your double surgery hasn't helped the situation. Anesthesia can take a lot out of you. But it's good that you follow up with your doctor. Good luck!

I am glad, (well, to the people going through what I am knows what I mean) to hear there are more going through what I am. I am starting to feel better, well, I think so, my husband says I don't look no better, it could just be the pain killers. I don't know. But I am feeling better mentally, so that is a plus, I have lost 22lbs so far, I am so happy. Hopefully this is the last week I will be going through all this pain, I can't wait to hit the gym and go hiking again.

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know that I had my surgery today and I am doing pretty good. I am sore only when I have to get up from the sofa and sleepy, but other than that all is well.

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know that I had my surgery today and I am doing pretty good. I am sore only when I have to get up from the sofa and sleepy, but other than that all is well.

Glad to hear you are feeling good Amy.