Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery June 17th @ UTSW in Dallas. I would love to talk to some people who are just getting started like me!

weight.png

I had my surgery June 17th @ UTSW in Dallas. I would love to talk to some people who are just getting started like me!

We had our surgeries on the same day, I had mine done in Seattle, WA though. How have you been doing since your surgery?

Hey everyone, I had my surgery on June 25th....was doing great until I had carpal tunnel surgery on my wrist last Wed. I have already planned my funeral for this Thurs..I am pretty sure I will be gone by then..lol. I have just started mush foods. The only thing I have really had is cottage cheese. I have had it twice and both times I have eaten it I think I am dying 30 minutes later. Anybody else having trouble on the simple mushy stuff? I feel like every organ is in pain! I had a low grade fever until this morning. I really think that was caused from the wrist surgery. I see my gastric doc tomorrow. Thanks goodness!!

Hey everyone, I had my surgery on June 25th....was doing great until I had carpal tunnel surgery on my wrist last Wed. I have already planned my funeral for this Thurs..I am pretty sure I will be gone by then..lol. I have just started mush foods. The only thing I have really had is cottage cheese. I have had it twice and both times I have eaten it I think I am dying 30 minutes later. Anybody else having trouble on the simple mushy stuff? I feel like every organ is in pain! I had a low grade fever until this morning. I really think that was caused from the wrist surgery. I see my gastric doc tomorrow. Thanks goodness!!

Sounds like you may have some gastric edema.:( I would just revert back to full liquids if mushies are hurting. Let your surgeon know. I had mine on June 18 and absolutely no problems, no pain.

Corliss

Cindylou I had the same happen to me after eating yogurt...it felt like I was going to explode! I was sick after that for 3 days running a slight fever, couldn't hardly even get Water down, dehidrated (sp?) myself, and couldn't go to the bathroom. It was horrible! This all happened over the 4th of July weekend. I called my doctor's emergency line and told him what was going on, here I thought I was going to die and he told me I am probably lactose intolerant now and to stop eating dairy, drank a thing of gatorade and ate some crackers for the carbs to get my strength back and now I feel good again. You might want to stop the hard core dairy - yogurt, cottage cheese, stuff like that. I can still eat SF/FF pudding but if I eat heavy duty dairy it kills me. Hope you get to feeling better but it sounds just like what I had, try some gatorade - 2 big glasses and some wheat crackers for a couple of days, just make sure to take little bites and let them disolve in your mouth. Good LUCK! OH YEA, GAS X STRIPS WORK GREAT, I TAKE ONE AFTER EVERY TIME I EAT AND IT REALLY HELPS

Edited by NikkiReyes

Hey Nikki,

Oh I feel great now! I went to my surgeon and Monday and immediately deflated my band and sent me to the hospital for testing. I begged him not to relieve my band but he said "I know you don't want me to but, you don't understand this isn't right!"

Anyway I went to the hospital and after an hour and a half of radiology testing the radiologist told me that my stomach was filled to the brim with gas..he said my stomach was so filled it was pressing on my lungs and that's why I couldn't breathe! I told him I could be in the Macy's Day Parade as one of the balloons!

Thanks goodness things are looking up now...and the doc said he will give me more restriction in about a month. Honestly I still have plenty without the saline!

Hey Nikki,

Oh I feel great now! I went to my surgeon and Monday and immediately deflated my band and sent me to the hospital for testing. I begged him not to relieve my band but he said "I know you don't want me to but, you don't understand this isn't right!"

Anyway I went to the hospital and after an hour and a half of radiology testing the radiologist told me that my stomach was filled to the brim with gas..he said my stomach was so filled it was pressing on my lungs and that's why I couldn't breathe! I told him I could be in the Macy's Day Parade as one of the balloons!

Thanks goodness things are looking up now...and the doc said he will give me more restriction in about a month. Honestly I still have plenty without the saline!

So glad you got taken care of. You will do just fine without the fill. My doc didn't put any in mine at implantation and I have some restriction. If I can get by without any fill I will.

Corliss:thumbup:

Wow... I didn't even think they did any fills until after you were all healed. I had my surgery on June 18th and I go for my first fill on the 15th of July.

Edited by ddorman67

Wow... I didn't even think they did any fills until after you were all healed. I had my surgery on June 18th and I go for my first fill on the 15th of July.
Some docs put in some fill at the point they install the band. I am glad mine didn't. I think the writers sittuation is a perfect reason not to.

Corliss

Some docs put in some fill at the point they install the band. I am glad mine didn't. I think the writers sittuation is a perfect reason not to.

Corliss

You and I had our surgery on the same day. I too am having no problems or pain. I am now back on regular food... and I don't feel restricted in any way. I do think that I am eating less, but I don't feel like I can't eat more. I am hoping that will change after my fill next week on the 15th.

Hey Ya'll! I had my first fill two days ago. Come to find out the doc. put in 2.4cc of Fluid in my 14cc band at the time of surgery. At my fill they put in another 2cc. I had no idea there was anything in the band until I asked. All is well and I have had no problems eating or drinking since the fill. Good luck everyone.

Hi everbody, Had surgery june 23rd I am now on my mushy foods. I am having a hard time waiting an hour after i eat to drink. need help also my scales have not changed in a week.Im getting sad. Lost 12 lbs so far weigh 208:unsure:

You and I had our surgery on the same day. I too am having no problems or pain. I am now back on regular food... and I don't feel restricted in any way. I do think that I am eating less, but I don't feel like I can't eat more. I am hoping that will change after my fill next week on the 15th.

Okay... maybe I do have some restriction. I went out to dinner last night and had a veggie burger with fried zuccinni (probably should have just ordered the burger). Normally, I would have been able to finish my entire meal and then start picking fries or something off of my husbands plate :drool:. I didn't do that... I was not able to finish the entire burger... yeah!! :thumbup:

I am really looking forward to my fill next week. I want to feel more restricted than I do.

Okay... maybe I do have some restriction. I went out to dinner last night and had a veggie burger with fried zuccinni (probably should have just ordered the burger). Normally, I would have been able to finish my entire meal and then start picking fries or something off of my husbands plate :drool:. I didn't do that... I was not able to finish the entire burger... yeah!! :thumbup:

I am really looking forward to my fill next week. I want to feel more restricted than I do.

My doc specified that I should not get a fill till at least 8 weeks out. I am gonna hold out as long as I can. I am a second go around with the lap band and don't want to chance anything with mine. I lost the first one probably due to a large hiatal hernia which my surgeon repaired when he enstalled this one. :)

The hernia probably caused the vomiting which eventually caused the slippage. Since I dont know for sure what caused it, I do know that I should be able to minimize problems by using it simply for hunger control and not for restriction. If I am not successful in loosing this way then I will go with minimal fill neccesary.

Good luck to you my band twin.

Corliss:thumbup:

Today was supposed to be the day I got my first fill. I just found out that my port is flipped. I am going to have to have surgery again :). Why me?? :wub:

Has anyone else had this happen?