Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chris - wow! way to go. I didn't EVEN feel like posting the day of my surgery! glad it all went well and welcome to the brand new rest of your life!

Edited by paisleypea
my duplicate posting finally was deleted

It sounds to me like our husbands came from the same mold (LOL)!! My husband is also very supportive and I think he worries about me more than I worry about myself. It is great to have so many supportive people around me (my hubby, my sons, my parents and all my friends).

LOL. It is the best feeling to have your husband or mate as your number one supporter. I am not sure how I would be doing if he wasn't my biggest supporter. He even went on the pre-op diet with me to help me stick to it :thumbup: Him and our 3 year old son do everything they can to support me. They will eat what I have to eat and all, so they ain't eating a bunch of stuff in front of me. My son will choose a yogurt instead of mac and cheese when I have to cook so he can eat what I eat. Well, sorry to ramble.

LOL. It is the best feeling to have your husband or mate as your number one supporter. I am not sure how I would be doing if he wasn't my biggest supporter. He even went on the pre-op diet with me to help me stick to it :lol: Him and our 3 year old son do everything they can to support me. They will eat what I have to eat and all, so they ain't eating a bunch of stuff in front of me. My son will choose a yogurt instead of mac and cheese when I have to cook so he can eat what I eat. Well, sorry to ramble.

Getting my boys to eat what I was eating would have been impossible. (My boys are 19 & 17) The day I came home from the surgery.. they all wanted pizza :thumbup:(which was actually okay with me). Once I am back to eating regular food, I will be going through all of my Weight Watchers cookbooks and making healthier meals for the entire family (I will just have to double the recipes). They support me!! They just don't want to starve! lol

Are you feeling better Mandie?

LOL. I need to get some healthier cookbooks. I have a couple, but most are norweigen, and there is alot of lard and all in those recipes lol. I am feeling better, well, actually it is the pain meds, haha. If I don't take the pain meds I still have alot of pain, so my husband has a alarm set for every 4 hours so I will take my meds. I feel like I want to sleep all the time with the meds, so hey, if it takes my mind away from the pain I will do it. That is awsome we had surgery one day apart.

LOL. I need to get some healthier cookbooks. I have a couple, but most are norweigen, and there is alot of lard and all in those recipes lol. I am feeling better, well, actually it is the pain meds, haha. If I don't take the pain meds I still have alot of pain, so my husband has a alarm set for every 4 hours so I will take my meds. I feel like I want to sleep all the time with the meds, so hey, if it takes my mind away from the pain I will do it. That is awsome we had surgery one day apart.

I have only been taking the pain medicine (liquid Vicodin) before bedtime for the past 4 days.

How much weight did you lose prior to your surgery?

I have only been taking the pain medicine (liquid Vicodin) before bedtime for the past 4 days.

How much weight did you lose prior to your surgery?

I have to take the meds every 4 hours now, I had 2 surgeries within 2 weeks and what a mistake, my body is healing at a very slow pace. I lost 19 pre-op and 1 since surgery since I am not able to be up and about that much :thumbdown:. how have you done?

I have to take the meds every 4 hours now, I had 2 surgeries within 2 weeks and what a mistake, my body is healing at a very slow pace. I lost 19 pre-op and 1 since surgery since I am not able to be up and about that much :thumbdown:. how have you done?

My doctor didn't even make me go on a pro-op diet (although I did liquid only for a day and a half on my own). So needless to say... no weight loss prior to surgery. I have lost 12lbs since the day of my surgery. :)

What other type of surgery did you have? I am 41 years old and this was my first surgery EVER!! The only other time I have been in the hospital for myself was when I was giving birth to my sons.

My doctor didn't even make me go on a pro-op diet (although I did liquid only for a day and a half on my own). So needless to say... no weight loss prior to surgery. I have lost 12lbs since the day of my surgery. :thumbdown:

What other type of surgery did you have? I am 41 years old and this was my first surgery EVER!! The only other time I have been in the hospital for myself was when I was giving birth to my sons.

Wow, I sometimes wish I wouldn't of had to go on the pre-op diet, I mean I had no advance warning or nothing, the nurse called me up one day to schedule the surgery, then the next day she faxed me a diet telling me I had to start that that day, I am like huh? lol. It was alittle hard, I won't lie, I cheated a couple times, I mean I literly went from eating anything in the morning to being told I can't eat nothing for another 2 weeks unless it's certain liquid stuff. I was alittle upset with the nurse though. The other surgery I had was on my achelis tendon, it had to be stretched again. I have had so many surgeries it's rediculous. Lol. I was a accident prone child :). What type of things are you eating now?

hey all! I am 1 week post op today and am down 12lbs since! I am finally starting to feel normal again, yay!!! Can't wait till I can start really working out again!

hey all! I am 1 week post op today and am down 12lbs since! I am finally starting to feel normal again, yay!!! Can't wait till I can start really working out again!

Congrats, you are doing great. Keep up the great work.

Wow, I sometimes wish I wouldn't of had to go on the pre-op diet, I mean I had no advance warning or nothing, the nurse called me up one day to schedule the surgery, then the next day she faxed me a diet telling me I had to start that that day, I am like huh? lol. It was alittle hard, I won't lie, I cheated a couple times, I mean I literly went from eating anything in the morning to being told I can't eat nothing for another 2 weeks unless it's certain liquid stuff. I was alittle upset with the nurse though. The other surgery I had was on my achelis tendon, it had to be stretched again. I have had so many surgeries it's rediculous. Lol. I was a accident prone child :thumbdown:. What type of things are you eating now?

I can now eat mushies (WooHoo). I am planning on having a scrambled egg tonight with some applesause possibly and a Protein Shake for dessert (for lunch today I had a yogurt , some cream of celery Soup & a Protein drink). The doctor told me he wanted me on regular food by the 1st. My first fill appt will be on the 15th and he wants me to be paying very close attention to what it takes to get me full. He says the more information I can give him... the better the adjustment will be.

I can now eat mushies (WooHoo). I am planning on having a scrambled egg tonight with some applesause possibly and a Protein Shake for dessert (for lunch today I had a yogurt , some cream of celery Soup & a Protein drink). The doctor told me he wanted me on regular food by the 1st. My first fill appt will be on the 15th and he wants me to be paying very close attention to what it takes to get me full. He says the more information I can give him... the better the adjustment will be.

I am on pureed food too. Yuk. Lol. That is kinda weird your dr is going to push you to eat solid foods by a certain date, you would think he would hold off on the fill until he knows you can eat the solid food with no problems. My dr said she is not going to force a fill, when I am ready for one and eating with no problems she will do a fill NOT before. I guess every dr is different though. After going through all this I don't think I want to deal with a fill right away, errr, but I have to though.

I am on pureed food too. Yuk. Lol. That is kinda weird your dr is going to push you to eat solid foods by a certain date, you would think he would hold off on the fill until he knows you can eat the solid food with no problems. My dr said she is not going to force a fill, when I am ready for one and eating with no problems she will do a fill NOT before. I guess every dr is different though. After going through all this I don't think I want to deal with a fill right away, errr, but I have to though.

It is still 2 1/2 weeks before I get my first fill. I am not having any problems with anything that I am eating as of yet. I will on mushies for 1 week and then on to the regular food. My doctor did however tell me to try one thing at a time. He told me to take very small bites, chew thoughouly and swallow slowly. He told me to keep a list of food that works and foods that don't work.

I just had my surgery on June 23rd and am now getting that "full" feeling. Ugh

However, I still have my stomach taking to me. How long does that last? i walk often but still have issues with the "noise".

Also, I feel hungry! And I feel like I am drinking Protein all the time. Anyone else had this? I am on a liquid diet for 10 days and can not wait to get to the next stage so I can have some yogurt and scrambled egg.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks and good luck to all. I have 100 pounds to go. Elizabeth

:thumbdown:

It is still 2 1/2 weeks before I get my first fill. I am not having any problems with anything that I am eating as of yet. I will on mushies for 1 week and then on to the regular food. My doctor did however tell me to try one thing at a time. He told me to take very small bites, chew thoughouly and swallow slowly. He told me to keep a list of food that works and foods that don't work.

That's good, we are at the same point in the diets and food. I keep a list of what I can and can't handle, nothing on the not list yet, but I know it's coming. I want to go eat sushi so bad. LOL. I can't get the thing of not drinking why I eat. I have been drinking while eating for so long breaking it is a huge problem, I will take a glass with me to the table and my husband takes it, but hey got to keep it away somehow. I can't wait to try salmon tomorow. Yummy. lol.