Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Congrats JT! I am in awe of you doing this! I need to set a better exercise goal.

Hi Im new here. I was banded April 9th. I love this site. Just wondering, how do you subscribe to a thread or join a group? Im still figuring this all out. My experience has been amazing!!!

Cathy, This is the 2009 April group, but here's the link to the 2010 group (they ended up picking the same 'Bunnies' name so it gets confusing):

April 10 Bandsters - LAP-BAND

At the top of any thread you click thread tools and then subscribe (updates will show up on your user CP page).

For groups, you look under 'forum' at the top and then 'group' and you can join a group there.

Have a great LB journey and I hope we run into each other again! -BG

I got a fill today the doc put in the .5cc he took out a couple months ago. I don't really feel the restriction I felt before at this amount I hope this helps me get the scale moving again. I really expected some grief from the surgeon my weight was 1 pound above what I was at when I had the unfill but he was positive and point out how much I'd lost in the last year and that I'm that much closer it was a pretty good visit overall.

I had my first partial unfill...a whopping 2cc's so I'm about down to my first fill. Long story (you can read on the blog if you like detail), but I had some bad pain and mild vomiting, but then tightness, thus the unfill. Also had a UGI and the Barium was barely moving even after the unfill, but no enlargements or slips, so no 'cause' identified for the pain, but hopefully it won't return.

Eight weeks until I can get a fill again...Lordy help me...I can only hope I don't gain a bunch! Have a great holiday weekend all!

I had my first partial unfill...a whopping 2cc's so I'm about down to my first fill. Long story (you can read on the blog if you like detail), but I had some bad pain and mild vomiting, but then tightness, thus the unfill. Also had a UGI and the Barium was barely moving even after the unfill, but no enlargements or slips, so no 'cause' identified for the pain, but hopefully it won't return.

Eight weeks until I can get a fill again...Lordy help me...I can only hope I don't gain a bunch! Have a great holiday weekend all!

I hope things go well for you I know how it feels to worry about an unfill and what will happen good luck.

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around in forever. I've been struggling and put on about 17lbs. I am committed to getting back on track though. Weight gain and not being on to get your support go hand in hand. Cant' wait to see how everyone has been doing!

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around in forever. I've been struggling and put on about 17lbs. I am committed to getting back on track though. Weight gain and not being on to get your support go hand in hand. Cant' wait to see how everyone has been doing!

We've missed everyone we haven't been hearing from glad you are back. You are on the right track again making your self accountable. Keep us posted on how you are doing...that goes for everyone......

I seem to be having some good weight loss this week I hope it holds out till firday and then continues.

On a sadder note we lost my cousin on Sunday to cancer she put up a good fight be knew when it was time to join those who went before us. She was born a month before me so growing up we spent a lot of time together. I saw my aunts and a lot of cousins today at Nina's funeral to bad that we only seem to see each other for funerals.

Sorry to hear about your cousin JayTee. It does seem like weddings and funerals are the only events where you see your family.

I haven't checked in awhile. I keep floating around 3 - 5 lbs from my goal weight. Been there for about 3 months. I really don't want to get a small fill, but it really takes focusing on dieting and eating right to lose right now along with exercise. My band seems fairly loose and I'd like to keep it that way to avoid any problems. I can eat anything but still feel restriction. But it does seem like I'm not as full on the quantities I was eating before. Still working it though.

Thanks for the welcome back! I can admit to some bad eating habits for sure. I am still really struggling with what I can eat, pushing it too far, and throwing up. But then I also feel hungry between meals.

Starting today I am going to work out faithfully on the Couch to 5K. And stop eating after dinner.< /p>

JT- I'm so sorry for your loss.

Emjay and Andrea...glad to have you both back and working your Bands!

After reading everyone's posts and seeing all of the success stories I am wondering if I should even bother posting but I here goes it.

I was banded 4-14-09 and now 14 months later I have only lost about 40lbs. I have had 5 fills and 1 partial-unfill due to vomiting. Right now I can eat about 1 cup of food slowly but I need to make better food choices. I stay satisfied for 4 or more hours. I find it very difficult to eat Breakfast so I pretty much drink my 1st meal until about 11 am. I cannot tolerate dry foods especially chicken, I know I should'nt but I really eat a lot soft foods only because I can tolerate them better. Of course potato chips, cake and Snacks seem to go down without any difficulty.

I have however, committed myself to working out faithfully 3 times per week and very vigorously, in addition I do weight training with a trainer. Maybe that's why I did have a little weight loss. There are times I want to give up but I promised my mother (who died last summer)that I would do this and I really want to succeed. Any advice April '09 Bunnies, I am not ready to give up. I want to lose 100lbs :) and I feel I should have so much more by now.:smile:

((hugs)) and good for you for seeking some help. I was just talking to someone about a similar problem.

I'm wondering if you're too tight? It looks like you had another fill after the unfill? Bander's that are too tight often get into 'Soft food Syndrome' where they gravitate to eating sliders because they won't get stuck (yes, Cookies and chips are sliders and usually go down fine even when you're tight)...and sliders are usually high cal, and more importantly won't keep you full. Tell me more about your restriction level, what you're eating for solid Protein, and how well you're chewing it. Also how well do you follow the 'no drinking' rule? If you can't eat something like meat for a solid protein first, then you're definitely too tight and the Band isn't helping you the way it was intended too.