Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

What's up Bunnies? How is everyone this week?

Bella-any word from Gynie? How are you feeling?

JT-have you been using the Wi?

I'm debating taking a Spin class. The thought of it is really intimidating. But it's the only class that would fit within my limited workout time frame. I feel like being in a class would give me a little extra push. Do any of you Spin?

Myturn, what is spin? Is it a dance or something like that? Several yrs ago, my DH and I took dance lessons, country and line dancing, and boy, I lost around 50 pds!! I was exerciseing and didn't even feel like it cause it was fun!

Nope, can't spin (broke my tailbone 3x...clutz). DD and I are going to try some different classes next month at the rec. center....see what we like. -BG

I had back surgery in 2001 spinal fusion -- so I don't think I could do a spinning (stationary bike, sort of) class.

I do TaeKwonDo and Warrior X-Fit 5 nights a week - I find that a great workout for me. Cardio, calestenics, restitence bands.....and the group really PUSH each other to do well. I sweat like crazy....we make fun that my workout station is beachfront property ... :thumbup: (from all the sweat..)

Me and the Wii have not been meeting up like I'd like not the Wii's fault it's all me. The Fit Board sits there in the corner of the livingroom while I sit on my tail and complain that there's nothing on TV. Kirk will be very unhappy, no he'll be ok but he complains that I never use the stuff he gets me.

I've done a few of the games on Wii Fit and tried the AE Sprots Active and done a couple partial workouts, they whooped my butt.

Here are links to the two classes I'm thinking about taking:

RPM- http://www.lesmills.com/global/en/members/rpm/a-typical-class.aspx

Body Pump- http://www.lesmills.com/global/en/members/bodypump/a-typical-class.aspx

I have to work up the nerve to go. I never thought I would be afraid to be around a bunch of people, I'm very outgoing. But I tell ya, I'm so nervous about trying these classes. What is the worst thing that could happen? I make a fool out of myself? Oh well, it's not like I'm going to know anyone. I just have to be like Mike (Michael Jordan) and do it!

DB, I love country line dancing. My knees aren't ready.

Replaced left knee is good to go, but right will be replaced in May. Maybe in the fall.

I used the wii for 1.25 hours this morning.

I keep forgetting to mention to you guys that I moved my little blog over to it's own page...and gussyed it up! Come take a peek:

THE SWEET SPOT

i am doing better - went to see my surgeon yesterday and he is scheduling me for an upper gi in 2 weeks but he is encouraged. i am not eating the healthiest but i have to eat what will stay down right now, like mashed potatoes, ravioli, etc. with all that i still lost 2 pounds this week and i have a really understanding surgeon. i got in 6 hours for my uterine biopsy. sooo not looking forward to that. i hope it doesnt hurt. hope everyone is doing well!

What's up Bunnies? How is everyone this week?

Bella-any word from Gynie? How are you feeling?

JT-have you been using the Wi?

I'm debating taking a Spin class. The thought of it is really intimidating. But it's the only class that would fit within my limited workout time frame. I feel like being in a class would give me a little extra push. Do any of you Spin?

Just a quick note to let you guys know how I'm doing. I'm feeling great so far this morning I've had a yogurt that I added my protien mix to, I've been drinking milk and also had some milk and my daily 3oz of prune juice. So it must have been something to do with swelling when I went from strained soft Soup to soft foods. I'm going to continue to be careful but I'm feeling a lot better.

JT, Please continue to feel better. Reunion full steam ahead!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing better, I'm snowed in with a 5 yr, and his 26 yr old Mom who is going stir crazy, an 11 yr old, who is wanting to go home but CAN'T b/c WE SNOWED IN AND CAN'T GET OUT !!!! Did I forget my DH, who has AAD ? OMG, Calgon, PLEASE take me away!!! We got around 11 or 12 inches of snow plus about a 1/2 inch of ice, and I know that for some of you that doesn't sound like much but we don't get that much here where I live and so it just messes every thing up when we do get it! Here's hopeing that it will be a better day tomorrow!

Oh, Yeah, you guys really need to ck out BG new blog!! It is awesome!!!

Jerseygirl, I really love country danceing!! Just don't go any more, but it is one of my faverite things to do!!

You guys I kinda feel like I'm stuck. The scale isn't moving. I scheduled a fill for the 23rd hoping that will help. Do any of you have any ideas?

I was that way during Dec and Jan didn't go up didn't go down. This last fill really gave me a lot of restriction, probably to much for the way I follow the rules, but it really kicked my weight loss back in to gear. Look at the basics and make sure you are still there track your food intake and relax you are doing great.

Input Please. Since my .5 fill in Oct. I've been having trouble eating. On any given day, something I eat gets stuck. So I've been doing mushy. In Dec. Dr. said band was ok. Eat smaller bites and chew the hell out of it. My problem. I'm not getting in enough calories. I range from 600 - 800 per day. Weight loss stalled.

I'm trying to stay within my guidelines. 72 Protein - 35 fat and 50 carbs. If I push calories, my carbs seem to skyrocket. Any suggestions. (I've contacted my Nutritionist at the hospital).