Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

OK bunnies I'm freaking out......

They just announced on Facebook that my 30 year high school reunion is June 19th that means that I have 6 months and 5 days to lose my next 30-40 pounds. I was fat all through school and would love to go back under that 200 lb mark and be one of the few hot 48 yearolds there......I'm not superficial......

ha ha ha JT, you are going to own that! You can easily reach that goal. Just keep on keeping on :thumbup: I am counting on 3 and a half more years until my HS reunion!

JT- You already look great...and you'll be even hotter by June!

Heather- Glad the doc's visit went OK...I'm can't wait to hear if this fill helps!

Oh Heather, I forgot:

I'm not a good example as I don't track things except when I need to get back on track. When I do track, I usually keep it 1000-1200 cals. I hardly get in any fruit now and that's something I need to work on (I love fruit).

A typical day:

B

- 1/2 serv. reg. oatmeal w/1.5 T soy Protein Powder & 1T Benefiber added, topped with several squirts of SF maple Syrup (I have this every morning)

- About 3 cups of coffee before B

L (about .75-1C total)

- Almost always leftovers and I start w/about 3-4 oz. of Protein (it's usually chicken or beef)

- 1/2C of veggies or 1/4 C veggies and 1/4 C of another side (sometimes a starch like potatoes or rice)

D (about 1- 1.25 C total, I'm allowed 1.5 C, but I almost never eat that much)

- I eat whatever my family is having for dinner (DH is the chef) so pretty similar to what I had for lunch.

-I do try to eat the protein first, I only take a small spoonful of the 'bad carbs' (he's 'Mr. Potato Head'), and I usually end my dinner with one SF Russell Stover's chocolate (I don't eat a lot of SF/diet foods at all, but I'm a chocoholic and I love these, so it gives me something to look forward to and I don't feel deprived of my beloved chocolate).

-I do drink alcohol in moderation- usually only on the weekends (both wine and beer-which I pour so it gets a lot of bubbles out, and yes my doc allows this)...yes, it's probably slowed my WL some to drink calories, but it's a lifestyle for me, not another diet.

-I have 'traded' some items out, but still feel like I eat 'normally', just a lot less...ie. we have tacos one night most weeks- always have; I used to eat 5 + spanish rice, now I have traded the hard shells for a soft low carb tortilla (I think they're wheat) and I spread Greek Yogurt (I've traded this for reg. yogurt and sour cream and love it) on it and add 1/2C meat and some of the reg. toppings. I usually have a hard time finishing a whole 1.

I never feel deprived or hungry...hope something in there helps. Great WL this week...way to go!! Fingers crossed that fill works for you. -BG

" w/1.5 T soy Protein powder"

BG, please tell me about the soy protein powder. Does it have a taste and what's the protein content. I'm having a problem getting enough. Thanks Judy

Okay JayTee - break it down. 30 lbs in 6 months = 5 lbs per month - a little over 1 lb per week average. You can do it! Now you have a time limit on your goal it should help to motivate you to get moving. Good luck and keep checking in.

I use Gensoy-Soy Protein Powder (Costco, I think our Giant Eagle sells it for more $ too)

1/2 serving (1.5 'heaping Tbsp.) is:

- 55 cals.

- 0g carbs

- 12.5g of protein

It's 'unflavored', just mainly soy protein isolate. It does make the oatmeal taste more 'pasty'...well, not taste because I don't taste it at all, but more changing the consistency/texture, but it doesn't bother me at all. I just messed around with the recipe and how much liquid to add. I was trying to get over 20g of protein for Breakfast and I'm tighter in the mornings so 1/2C total is good for me (this is higher protein than 3.25 Large eggs).

My 'concotion' is also made with 3.5-4oz. of skim milk and I make a double batch and pack up 1/2 of it (about 1/2C for the next day- I just use those small 1/2 C Glad? round containers).

So my concotion as listed above with skim milk (not counting the SF Syrup which is very low cal) that I eat every day is: *make sure you mix it all really well with a fork before heating it up or the protein powder will lump together

264 cals.

3.8g Fat

38.3 Carbs (good kind w/fiber)

20.8g Protein

Edited by Band_Groupie

Ok have to be quick here.

BG- thanks so much for all the info.

JT- you can SOOOOOOO do it! No problemo! We're here to root you on as you go. Though we do expect to see pics of your Hottie self :thumbup: My DH blew off his 30 yr, I think his giant belly (30lbs of Kidney made him look 12 months pregnant) was a large part of why he didn't. Since he had his transplant and those huge suckers taken out he is a 49 yr old hottie :w00t: I want to be a 41 year old one myself:cool2:

Down 5 lbs this week. Lets hope this continues. Was able to eat 1/2 cup mushy sausage dressing last night. Just ate 1/2 chicken chipolte meat-it was almost minced.

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words...this last month has been discouraging, still the same this week as the last 3 or so.

myturn - I didn't know, or maybe I overlooked post, about your husband. My other half has Polisystic (sp) Kidney Disease his mother died from it it's passed from generation to generation they had told him in his 30's he was probably safe but we found out about 5 years ago that he has it. I hope your DH is doing well with his transplant. We constatnly worry that Kirk's will go anytime.

HELP !!!!! I feel like I'm drowning here!! I feel like I take 1 step forward and 3 steps back!! Talk about self-sabotage, I am the Queen of it !! I have gained this wk and to make matters worse, I knew I would b/c of what I ate this wk but just did not care!! I know what my problem is and I know what I need to do. I have 2 grown daughters that are living together for the time being and they are the "new odd couple"! They are 2 TOTALLY different ppl, one is a clean freak and the other is a slob and they both have kids that are just like them. I tried to tell them that it would not work and once again Mom was right. Now they're fighting and I'm hearing it from both sides. The "slob" is looking for a place of her own but it takes time. Don't get me wrong, I love both of them dearly, but that's the problem I'm haveing and so this wk, I have ate EVERYTHING that even remotely looked good to me ( some that didn't look or tasted good!!). The solution to my problem is finding a way to channel my stress and frustration in a different direction than my mouth!! Jillian Michials suggests journaling everything that your feeling and eating and I'm going to try that and see if it helps. I have always covered up my feelings by eating and I know my grown children will always have thier problems, it is me that need to change the way I handle thier problems!! So today I'm going to put my feelings on paper ( And hope and pray none of them find it) and what I'm eating on paper, then I'll know what I'm eating when I feel like my world is falling apart. I'm sorry about spilling my guts out to you guys but that's what going on with me. I am really glad to see everyone is doing so well on thier weight loss this wk!! You guys do inspire me to keep on going!! If I didn't have LBT to come to, I probably would just give up and I really don't want to do that, I have given up way too many times and that's why I'm over weight today!!! Thanks for letting me vent!!! TTYL Sharon

Sharon-- Come here to vent anytime...we all do (OK, I do). I think it helps to have someone else that listens and can give you support and sympathize (and remind you not to reach for the food for sympathy...food was my BFF). If you don't want the world to see it (like I do), feel free to send me PM's...I'm here for you girl! -BG

Thanks BG. Appreciate it.

J.T. You'll do it. Not to worry.

Sharon - We're here for you. (I fell off my LB wagon around

Christmas). And having trouble climging back on!!!

Sharon- I fell so frickin hard off the wagon that I'm still bruised:redface:. Please do come here to vent. You've got to get it off your chest. I stopped coming here and it was THE WORST thing I did. I was in total denial, Band? What Band? I wasn't accountable to anyone and I didn't have any support because I didn't ask or look for it. Just knowing that everyone is here makes it easier, it really does. So please use us you can pm and I can give you my email address if you like.

JayTee- Is Kirk on Dialysis? Joe was only for 5 months. Then an annyonmus LIVING donor gave him a kidney. Yep, someone who knew us or of us and wanted to be the donor. It was such an amazing gift, truly the gift of normal life. Joe is doing quite well now. But man oh man, the ride that we were on for the last 5 years was just awful. Between losing our second daughter, Joe's health and other drama life was just INSANE. But now we're on the upside and that is WONDERFUL. I just have to get my weight/health on track and we'll be golden!

Please forgive all my typos, I've got to run back to work get proofread

This is the challenge I'm taking part in with a friend of mine at our healthclub:

In Workout-to-Lose, teams of four compete in a variety of fitness challenges to help build a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. Since the program’s introduction at RecPlex in 2005, teams have lost an average of 8 to 12% of their total body weight. The 20 teams that participated in the most recent challenge lost a combined total of more than 740 pounds.

To start the challenge, teams of four receive a fitness assessment. They then work towards their goal of losing weight. Along the way, guided by nationally certified personal trainers and the RecPlex dietician, team members are given the tools to embrace a healthier lifestyle. Teams participate in weekly: exercise programs, weight loss tracking, private weigh-ins, and health and wellness seminars. At the end of the challenge, teams receive another fitness assessment to measure their success. The total weight loss is celebrated at a closing ceremony, where winning teams and individuals receive awards for their progress.

“Workout-to-Lose has been extremely successful for those who have participated, ” commented Lyn Boehm, Programs Director at RecPlex. “Not only have participants lost weight, but they’ve also embraced a healthy approach to life! When the challenge is complete, they feel a great sense of accomplishment and they seem to appreciate that a healthy lifestyle can be fun.” Workout-to-Lose begins with a kickoff meeting on January 18 at 7:30 pm. The competition officially begins on January 25. Those interested can register individually or as a team of four.

The fee for the program is $50 per participant. RecPlex members receive a $10 discount. The fee includes: the pre- and post-challenge fitness assessments (valued at $50 each); weekly fitness challenges and seminars; private weekly weigh-ins; a program t-shirt upon completion of the challenge; and a celebratory awards ceremony at the conclusion of the eight weeks

JayTee- Is Kirk on Dialysis?

No he isn't at that point yet they are currently watching his BP and for symptoms of shutdown. He knows what to expect though his mother was a couple times she rejected her first transplant and had to go back on dialysis till she got another kidney. They actually put a dialysis room in their housw when he was a teenager his mom was a nurse practicner (sp) and his dad was an EMT so there was medical background that enabled them to do it at home.

Glad your hubby is doing well....what a great gift.