Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

I am going to give that a try BG! Is yogurt that bad? I eat Dannon Light and Fit. Should I stop it?

What things are you guys eating? I need some more variety.

Just checking in - it's been a while. I went in for a much needed fill today, (it's been over 2 months and I was in bad need back then) I had the 1st of 3 major oral surgeries so my dr won't fill me until they are all finished which won't be until the end of January. I am 6 months out and have lost 80 pounds but I am so hungry all the time and have zero restriction. I begged him for a fill today but he said no. I am having implant surgery and I am having trouble digesting when I eat so I have been throwing up a fair amount which is why he won't fill me. I don't look forward to the holidays. I can't exercise right now. I have a spinal injury and a knee injury and found out today they may be doing a knee replacement on me soon. I got injured in my Water aerobics class last week and have had trouble walking since then. I am so bummed....happy about my weight loss, but bummed because I need a fill desperately bad. Thanks for listening.

bella- Come here to vent anytime, we've all been there...zero restriction sucks. Your WL is amazing though given that! So sorry to hear about all the surgeries! I thought Water aerobics was supposed to be the one thing people could do even with minor injuries...and it caused one?!! You know you don't need another surgery and doc is right if you're vomiting a lot a tighter band might cause a slip even.

Andrea- I gave up eating regular yogurts and switched to greek yogurt 0% (much thicker and loaded with protein). I love the Fage, but it's easier to find Oikos near me and it's fine. I don't eat it first ever as it's a mushy and will slide right through (so after the solid Protein unless I need a mushy after a fill). I use it like sour cream (on taco's, on chili, to make dips with veggies, etc.) and often with SF preserves. Here's a thread here with more ideas: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/greek-yogurt-ideas-please-103219/

Great ideas! I like it girl. Thanks for the tips.

I had another fill tonight. She just gave me a 1/4 cc since I'm getting up there. Now at 8.75cc in a 10cc band. Hoping to reach that sweet spot soon! I have another fill before Christmas so I hope this fill will help me get through Thanksgiving without gaining. I had lost 9 lbs. in 6 weeks so I was quite happy. Just gotta get that starving feeling to go away three hours after lunch.< /p>

OK Andrea, are you sure you're hungry? You're losing at about twice the rate I am! Congrats on the 9 pounds...awesome!

Alright Andrea!!! There's something awful about that word...'morbidly'.

Just a tad away from the half way mark. I have such a smile on my face.

Band Groupie you are doing great! I was banded on the 9th of April lost 51 pounds, had food stuck then a complete unfill, gained 8 pounds and now I have 5 cc back in. I don't feel any real restriction yet. I am with Hopeful in regard to Thanksgiving,, I want to enjoy the holiday without gaining weight. I got 1 cc today. Do you think it will get tighter overnight?

Andrea

Those are great!!!! WTG!!!!

Andrea. You look wonderful. What great photos. Wish I'd have thought to do that. Keep up the good work.

22 lb. turkey is stuffed and in the oven...pumpkin pie is cooling...watching the Macy's parade....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!

(Andrea, you look great!!!)