Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

JG- I'm so sorry about your MIL and so glad you made it home in time. ((hugs))

JT- Good luck with the GB. You're a surgery pro now so I'm sure you'll do well. And holy cr*p! You're headed for the Century Club soon!!! Now there's one good thing about the surgery...you might lose some more weight *trying to find the silver lining* Keep us posted!

I tossed all my granny panties today. I also ditched my sports bras. I found out i have 2 boobs instead of one.

My friend and I are writing a cookbook geared for Gastric patients. I am the gastric patient and she is the thin health food guru. We bounce recipes back and forth and make them healthier and more delicious so we do not feel deprived.

The dreaded uniboob. I know. I'm still in my sports bra. Looking for something equally comfortable.

How wonderful!! Let us know the cookbook debut.

I'm home things goiing well so far not in much pain at this time they gave me a percaset in the recovery room I'm not sure if it's still working on me or if the pain is just low. I wias I could claim the weight they had for me a the hospital this monring it was 230 in sweats.....that would put me really close to my FIRST goal of 220. Biggest disappointment is 4 more incisions not sure how big they are yet.

Jerseygirl sorry to hear about your DMIL our thoughts are with you.

JT. Glad you're home and doing OK. What a few more scars between friends. I have so many my body looks like a roadmap.

Jersey, sorry to hear your news. Hugs!

JT glad you're doing ok. Not sure if you eat eggs, but dh had his gallbladder removed and eggs do him in. :)

ISITWORTHIT, I hear ya. I have 8.5 cc (or maybe it's 9... I forget) in a 10 cc band and I still experience hunger. Still thinking I need a little more. I hear about about all of these people losing weight like crazy and I just want it to be me! I eat very little compared to what I use to and to me it just seems like it should just fall right off. Keep us posted. I agree that you should get some more in your band. GL!

As for me I have another fill on the 17th if needed. I am just trying to get to the big 50lb. mark!

p.s. Can we take a fiber supplement like Metamucil?

I've occasionally taken Benefiber.

..........Not sure if you eat eggs, but dh had his gallbladder removed and eggs do him in. :cursing:

I was doing an egg everyday till my last fill then eating to early in the morning became difficult for me so I usually have a Protein Shake instead of food. I sometimes have an egg later in the morning though or at dinner....love a egg over easy on top of a blackbean burger with a bit of lowfat cheese and some salsa......:)

I'd be intrested in hearing about other foods that give him issues. Thanks JT

JT- So glad to hear that everything went well!! Hope everything heals fast and you're back to normal soon!

Hopeful- I take Benefiber every morning (and I didn't before the band). I found I wasn't getting in nearly enough fiber compared to the recommended amounts with the small amounts of food we eat.

IS this a pill form or powder?

Both I think I have chewable wafer/tablets that you chew but I think it also comes in a powder you can mix with Water.< /p>

Hey Hopefull4144

Thanks for the feedback, I actually had a break by getting sick and went down another 3 lbs so that has got me a little more motivated. 2lbs away from 50 so here's hoping and i definately agree with you I eat so much less and work out but still no luck. I had a fill last week so now I have 7.1 cc in a 10cc band and i have another appoitnment on the 18th so I hope that I can get alittle more and that should satrt moving things.

Take it easy

IS this a pill form or powder?

I just add the powder to my oatmeal every morning...it dissolves completely so you wouldn't even notice it even in a drink (DH drinks that orange Metamucil every morning...it's like a glass of slime yuck!).

I was doing an egg everyday till my last fill then eating to early in the morning became difficult for me so I usually have a Protein Shake instead of food. I sometimes have an egg later in the morning though or at dinner....love a egg over easy on top of a blackbean burger with a bit of lowfat cheese and some salsa......:smile2:

JayTee - I eat a Chipotle Black Bean Burger from Morningstar...yummo! I bet an egg would taste good with it, never thought about that! Gonna put it on my list to try. Glad you are on the mend!

I'd be intrested in hearing about other foods that give him issues. Thanks JT

p.s. Can we take a fiber supplement like Metamucil?

I put benefiber powder in my morning coffee. I am sure I could use another dose of fiber, I may buy the tablets. I could call it a afternoon snack. LOL A bit of bandster humor.

I just add the powder to my oatmeal every morning...it dissolves completely so you wouldn't even notice it even in a drink (DH drinks that orange Metamucil every morning...it's like a glass of slime yuck!).

I tried it in my oatmeal, I think it changes the texture to much.....Do you take fiber once a day or more often?

I love ya bunnies!

I tried it in my oatmeal, I think it changes the texture to much.....Do you take fiber once a day or more often?

I already 'doctor' up the oatmeal with lots of soy Protein Powder, which really changes the texture so I wouldn't necessarily notice the Benefiber, but it dissolves so completely when I mix it first into the water...do you notice it in the coffee?

Funny you should ask about how often...just last week I was looking at this and started today to add it twice a day. I couldn't even eat raisin bran Cereal pre-band without having diarrhea...now I can take a fiber supplement with no problems LOL. I don't 'go' very often, but no diarrhea/constipation either (probably just because we eat so much less), sorry TMI.