Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Dang I was half way through this and lost it.........

This is a little prospective for me (sefl therapy if you will)

I know we aren't suppose to rely on numbers only but I was a bit disappointed that the scale didn't move on the 10/30 Fridaya weigh. I've been feeling fat this last week and seems like I was constatnly snacking.

Weight Trackers:

I had my consultation with the surgeon on 10/08/08 almost 13 months ago. The weight tracker I post here is from that date; according to this tracker as of yesterday (actually the week before) I've lost 89lbs this would include 40 the 6 months before my surgery Oct08 to Apr09, I've lost 49lbs since my surgery Apr09 to Oct09.

My 50 Million Pounds weight tracker shows that I didn't actually get serious about losing weight per surgery till around 2/13/09 between my consultation and Feb09 I only lost 8lbs............sooooo most of my weight lost is since Feb09.

OK that being said (if you understood it) was for no other purpose then for me to write out some thoughts and put myself back in perspective after a dishartening week.

Thanks for reading sorry if you expected some great advise or intresting tip or hint like I said I just needed to put this down for me.

Wow JT, I was struck by how similar our dates were (guess that shouldn't surprise me since we were both April Banders). I started my 6 mo. Nov. 10 and started actually dieting the beginning of March (but I only lost 19 pre-op...you must be a pro-dieter!). 49 since banding is an awesome WL!! You do need to keep celebrating those positives.

I just did a blog here on how our WL slows down, even stops (lots of plateaus) during 'Goal Limbo' (within 30 pounds of goal). It can be a very frustrating and long phase of WL as our BMI gets lower as we get towards goal and the WL just suddenly slows down to a death march. Hang in there...we made it through Bandster Hell and we can make it through Goal Limbo too! Each pound now is cause for celebration as we creep toward our goal!

Thanks BG you are always there when we need you. Sitting here watching zombie movies waiting for Trick or Treaters giving out Teddy Grahams and Ritz sandwich crackers no candy for my house....lol

Ok, guys. How are you all doing? Good I hope, I just got filled on whats been going on with all of you. So I thought I'd update you on my journey. I have been at the sweet spot for a few weeks now. i went back to my surgeon and asked him if for like a month I could have 1/4 more cc so that I can get down to one-derland. He said yes as long as I take my Calcium, Vitamins, and now Vitamin B-12, plus 2 Protein Shakes a day. I am eating 4 bites per meal. If I keep it at that I don't "spit". I eat off a small saucer and leave most of the food on my plate. I have been exercising like an anorexic(hehe). I posted some before and durings on my Facebook page if you are interested in seeing them.

I have lost 1 inch from my neck, 6 inches from my bust, 5 1/4 from my waist and 6 1/4 from my hips. I lost my double chin, yeah. I tossed all my granny panties today. I also ditched my sports bras. I found out i have 2 boobs instead of one. i know you ladies know what I mean by that. I am in the smallest X size. The next time I shop for clothes, i can shop in the Human Department. I now wear jeans with zippers not elastic.

My friend and I are writing a cookbook geared for Gastric patients. I am the gastric patient and she is the thin health food guru. We bounce recipes back and forth and make them healthier and more delicious so we do not feel deprived.

Edited by vcatalina1
add

JT good idea, i think i need to do the same thing myself since i went to the doctor on Tues and had gained 2 pounds. No need to beat myself up about it though I'll just have to get back to working out more. The good thing I did get a little more fill and hopefully getting to the sweet spot.

JT good idea, i think i need to do the same thing myself since i went to the doctor on Tues and had gained 2 pounds. No need to beat myself up about it though I'll just have to get back to working out more. The good thing I did get a little more fill and hopefully getting to the sweet spot.

I know the progress we made is good, I wasn't expecting 100 pounds since surgery but was still feeling the need to put somethings in perspective.

Hi Guys

I am very very frustrated and I want to cry. I had my surgery on April 17 and I have only lost 30lbs since then. I have lost a total of 45lbs since pre surgery but I am sososososo frustrated. I have not lost a poun din two months and it seems everytime I am on this site everyone is losing crazy amounts except me. I even took up taek won do a month ago and have been going 3-4 times a week for an hour.

I paid $16,000 only to fail again. I miss real food I feel like I have not had a good meal in months. I have 7 CC in a 10CC band and I am not sure how much more I need. Can someone help? Feeling like a failure right about now. Thanks for listening.

Hi Guys

I am very very frustrated and I want to cry. I had my surgery on April 17 and I have only lost 30lbs since then. I have lost a total of 45lbs since pre surgery but I am sososososo frustrated. I have not lost a poun din two months and it seems everytime I am on this site everyone is losing crazy amounts except me. I even took up taek won do a month ago and have been going 3-4 times a week for an hour.

I paid $16,000 only to fail again. I miss real food I feel like I have not had a good meal in months. I have 7 CC in a 10CC band and I am not sure how much more I need. Can someone help? Feeling like a failure right about now. Thanks for listening.

Glad you have posted. Sometimes it does us good to get all the down feelings off our chests. I don't know to many people who would think 45 lbs was not a HUGE success. It is hard not to compare ourselves with other people. Especially when they are doing so good. I have down in the dumps moments too. For the most part, I stay focused on all the victories I have had. Many are the NSV! I've lost 40 lbs since my surgery and feel proud of those lbs. For me, I didn't have the drive to loose the weight on my own this time, so I got the band to help insure that I wouldn't see those lbs again.

Do you have a decent level of restricion? If not go for a fill. I log what I eat daily on a different support board I belong to. I've joined a walker tracker program and am involved in a challege. All of these things are very positive for me.

I could easily focus on the short fall of the band with the expectations I had, instead I choose to look at all the changes and postives that have come out of getting banded.

For me feeling better and getting healthy is the key. I am not in a race. This WLS is known for a 1-2 lbs a week loss. Hang in there. Staying plugged into a good support group is key for me. I've been going in monthly for check ups at my surgeons office. I post and read on the OCC forum and cruise this one.

Think about all the good that has come from being banded, I am sure your list is a long one!

Edited by AngieB2009

Hi Guys

I haven't lost much more than you have . I lose... then i stabilize, then I lose... then I stabilize. I have lost about the same as you. My Dr says i am losing at a good pace.(1 to 2 lbs a week). You cannot compare yourself to others. Some folks have much more weight to lose, bigger people lose more quickly. Are you making good choices? How much are you eating at each meal? Are you drinking plenty of Water? Are you drinking other things besides water? Are you getting enough Protein? It could be many things. You sound like you are losing at your own pace. Not everyone loses the same pace. As a matter of fact, if you lose weight more slowly, you don't get the pouching and need plastic surgery. Plus, you don't risk getting gall stones by losing the weight too quickly. When I either screw up and make wrong choices or hit a plateau, i don't beat myself up. I just get more focused on my goal.

I totally agree...we all lose weight differently and at our own rate. I'm stalled now, and these plateaus are part of any WL (trust me I've lost big weight many times). I hear your frustration, and I do sympathize...I'm not exercising regularly at all, so it must be even harder for you not to see the WL.

Sometimes you just need to shake things up to trick your body into losing again. I just blogged today about adding calories because after tracking I found that I wasn't eating enough and wasn't getting in the Protein I should. I certainly don't intend to track things long-term, but it does help you to see what you're doing right, or need to work on.

When you say you "miss real food", I'm not sure what you're eating, but I eat the same things as my family (except Desserts and some starches). Are you eating solid, lean Proteins or shakes?

Come here and wherever you can for support...we're here to support each other, not to judge, but to help. Just know that you're not alone!

The advice our fellow bandsters are giving us here is very useful. Sometimes I to feel like I should be doing or should have done better by now, but as one doctor said to me, If you didn't have the band would you have lost that weight and kept if off? Also you hear quite often that muscles weigh more than fat so just because the scale doesn't say what you want it to say doesn't mean you aren't losing weight. You've done a great job so far, keep up the good work and stay positive.

Sad News. My DMIL passed on Sunday night. I'm so glad we got home in time to tell her we loved her and kiss her goodbye. Sitting vigil is not easy. All I know is that she truly is in a better place. The new Toby Keith song "Crying for me" says it all.

Sad News. My DMIL passed on Sunday night. I'm so glad we got home in time to tell her we loved her and kiss her goodbye. Sitting vigil is not easy. All I know is that she truly is in a better place. The new Toby Keith song "Crying for me" says it all.

(((HUGS))) Sorry for your loss.

I'm sitting here waiting to get ready to go get my gall bladder removed have to be there at 8am for 10am surgery, it was scheduled early morning like my band but got moved back. Hopefully I can post later today and let you all know how I'm doing.