Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

hi all,

i wanted to give an update. i saw my surgeon last week and had my first fill, plus my family doctor as well. i'm down 21 lbs - i have to say i thought it would come off faster but it is coming off. i was on several medications for several years. i took 1 pill once a day for type 2 diabetes, 1 pill twice a day for type 2 diabetes, 2 pills once a day for high blood pressure and 1 for cholesterol. i see my fam doc every 3 months along with having blood work done. he took me off my 2 a day type 2 diabetes med, off 1 of the blood pressure med and changed my cholesterol med to a lower dosage. when i go back in November i am hoping to be taken off of all meds. i'm sooooo happy i had this surgery my goal was to get off the meds and of course to lose the weight . good luck to all!

hi all,

i wanted to give an update. i saw my surgeon last week and had my first fill, plus my family doctor as well. i'm down 21 lbs - i have to say i thought it would come off faster but it is coming off. i was on several medications for several years. i took 1 pill once a day for type 2 diabetes, 1 pill twice a day for type 2 diabetes, 2 pills once a day for high blood pressure and 1 for cholesterol. i see my fam doc every 3 months along with having blood work done. he took me off my 2 a day type 2 diabetes med, off 1 of the blood pressure med and changed my cholesterol med to a lower dosage. when i go back in November i am hoping to be taken off of all meds. i'm sooooo happy i had this surgery my goal was to get off the meds and of course to lose the weight . good luck to all!

Way to Go, kmg, on meeting your goal to get off some of your meds!!! I do good with just taking my Vitamins, all those pills!!! How do you remember what you took and when you took it? When did you have surgery? I ,also, thought I would lose faster but I haven't and I'm o.k. with that and 21 pds is alot of weight so you are doing really good!! Just think in a few more pds, you,maybe, won't have to take anything!! :wub: Keep up the good work!! Sharon

Ok I heard this on the radio this morning and thought it was encouraging for us bandsters. A certian weight loss program that provides pre packaged food (JC) is getting ready to launch a new campaign that their current spokes person has lost and incredable 35 pounds in 8 months. Just struck me that that company is considering 35 pounds in 8 months success and we are discouraged by only X since April.

Jay Tee I know exactly how you feel and you are doing awesome. I'm not sure what your life history is with dieting but for me one time I lost 130 lbs on ww and many times I have lost over 40lbs on various diets and this is the first time in my life I'm not feeling like I'm on a diet. I know I could follow the rules better and make better choices however I'm enjoying life and enjoying the fact that I'm not having that guilt and mental war with myself about food. So to me 2 lbs a week although I have a long way to go is okay. Don't be so hard on yourself you look amazing and you are an inspiration to me!

Just checking in April 09 Bandsters....I haven't posted in a while, I had to leave town at the end of July to care for my mom she became very sick with complications from leukemia and she died two weeks ago. Needless to say I have been so depressed I have not paid any attention to my weight loss. I tried to go back to exercising last week and I have a fill schedule this Friday. I gained 5 lbs. and I don't really care. I plan to pull it together soon, she would have wanted me to stay on track.

Trying to get back on track!

Edited by Butterfly64

Good Morning All! I'm trying to get in some LBT before I get my DGS up for school. This his first wkend off and he is really ready to get back there so he can play with his buds!!

Butterfly~~~ I am so sorry to hear about your Mom!!! I know it was so hard on you to take care of her!! But I believe that she was aware of you being there and that she loved you beyonds words for taking the time to be with her!! I was with my Mom for about 3 wks before she passed and even tho at the end, she couldn't communicate with me, she knew I was there and she could count on me to help her to go. It was sooo important for me to be there to help her because, even tho, we didn't have a whole lot growing up, I knew she did the best that she could!! So just know that YOU did the right thing by being there and even tho it still hurts, it will get better. My Mom died in 99 and even tho, I still miss her, she is sooo much better off now than she has ever been! She had such a sad sad life! So, take some time to grieve but also remember the good times as that will help, and you will get back on track!! You already are taking the right steps by getting back to walking and making an appointment to get a fill, you'll be o.k.!! If you need to talk some time, just holler at me, I'll be here! Sharon

What a let down. My winter bowling league started tonight.

You would think that out of 60 women, someone would have noticed that I lost 40+ lbs since last they saw me. But no. I was so looking forward to their reactions. Oh well, my SO and my mirror tell me how good I look every day.

Just checking in April 09 Bandsters....I haven't posted in a while, I had to leave town at the end of July to care for my mom she became very sick with complications from leukemia and she died two weeks ago. Needless to say I have been so depressed I have not paid any attention to my weight loss. I tried to go back to exercising last week and I have a fill schedule this Friday. I gained 5 lbs. and I don't really care. I plan to pull it together soon, she would have wanted me to stay on track.

Trying to get back on track!

Butterfly, I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand your pain and mindset. My Mom passed suddenly two years ago and my dearest friend of 50 years passed this week. It's not easy but you'll get on track.

Jerseygirl, I don't understand ppl either! They don't notice when you lose 40pds. but OMW if you GAIN 10!!! But it's like someone told me, your friends and family have seen you go up and down in your weight and they're probably thinking it won't last long. So just keep up the good work and it won't be long everyone will be noticeing!! So far I've lost 49 pds and ppl are still walking up to me and asking have I been trying to lose some weight? So sorry to hear about your friend!! Lots of hugs sent your way!! Sharon

Thanks DB...made my day! Yeah I'm back with a few extra pounds!

Butterfly and JerseyGirl, I'm so sorry for your recent losses. We're here to support you and I know JG that you'll get back in the groove. Come here to talk anytime.

Ok for those that are disappointed that more aren't noticing I have one for you. We go down to the cafeteria every morning to get ice Water the cashier sees us as we leave even if we don't buy anything. Monday I came in to the building through their door and she looked at me really funny and asked if I'd lost weight.......I was like yeah a little....it was to funny....

People will notice.....

By the way I hate the liquid phase after a fill I don't lose anything.....in fact I think I'm up a bit.

Thanks BG, jerseygirl518 and doodlebug11 for the words of encouragement. This is so hard to go through because my mom and I were very close, I miss her so much.

But I am not going to let this stop my weight loss goals! Planning to do the 5DPT starting tomorrow to get back on track. (I've gained a total of 8lbs., in less than a month, this really sucks because it will probably take 2 months to lose it!)

What can I do to speed things up? Suggestions?

Hi everyone! I have some really cool news to share. I can wear my wedding ring again. It's been over 2 years since I have had it on.....it's a tight fit, but I will take any fit!

Woop! I am so happy!

Hi everyone! I have some really cool news to share. I can wear my wedding ring again. It's been over 2 years since I have had it on.....it's a tight fit, but I will take any fit!

Woop! I am so happy!

Angie, That's wonderful news. What a great thing to get back into. I've been looking forward to wearing my Dear Mom's wedding ring. I will be a happy camper when I do.

Angie, That's wonderful news. What a great thing to get back into. I've been looking forward to wearing my Dear Mom's wedding ring. I will be a happy camper when I do.

Jerseygirl - I am beaming! I will confess it is a bit snugg. May have to use lotion to take it off tonight. Still I'll take it! I don't care!

Make sure you post when you can wear your mamma's ring!

I gained 1.5 lbs back over the holiday weekend, but I ate anything I wanted and considered it vacation. Didn't feel great to see the number go up, but I enjoyed myself so it was all good!

How was you Labor Day?