Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Well I saw my surgeon the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and he wanted me to come in for a fill 3 - 4 weeks from then. That would have put me right before Christmas so I asked if I could do it after that and he ordered if for "after X-mas". Well I called today to make the appointment, finally remembered, and he's out the 2 weeks after Christmas. I can't get an appointment till 1/12/10 because he's out of town 2 weeks after Christmas. :sad:

That stinks JT. You're rocking it though!

I am going to start up with a personal trainer this week and then start working out with a girlfriend at our rec center. This should really help me!

Well I saw my surgeon the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and he wanted me to come in for a fill 3 - 4 weeks from then. That would have put me right before Christmas so I asked if I could do it after that and he ordered if for "after X-mas". Well I called today to make the appointment, finally remembered, and he's out the 2 weeks after Christmas. I can't get an appointment till 1/12/10 because he's out of town 2 weeks after Christmas. :sad:

OK, first; I sympathize, I'm very protective of my fills too and hunger after the band sucks.

NOW...put on the BG 'rose colored glasses' and look at this from a different perspective...you DO NOT want a fill right before Christmas (I know, not because you want to pig out, but who wants to go through a post-fill diet then and there's a new learning curve with each fill...too busy for that at Christmas)...

and more importantly...a few more weeks is NOT going to be a huge deal; you won't have to worry about the same things with New Year's

and...most importantly...YOU'RE 14 FREAKIN' POUNDS FROM GOAL!!!!! IN 8 MONTHS!!!! WHAT'S THE RUSH LOL!!!

That stinks JT. You're rocking it though!

and...most importantly...YOU'RE 14 FREAKIN' POUNDS FROM GOAL!!!!! IN 8 MONTHS!!!! WHAT'S THE RUSH LOL!!!

Thanks for lifitng my spirits only a few of us left on here but the support is still there I'm glad to be part of the April 09 group.

I was banded April 6, 2009. I started my preop in November 2008 when wife was banded. I lost 45 pounds on the long preop diet and down a total of 117 pounds from my heaviest.

I have 40 more pounds to loose to get to my goal of 200 pounds.

I have lost from a 4x shirt to xlarge. A size 48 waist to a size 38. Seem to be stalled right now, but atleast i'm not gaining and holding my own through the holidays!

Thanks for lifitng my spirits only a few of us left on here but the support is still there I'm glad to be part of the April 09 group.

Me too JT! ...and don't think I didn't notice...12 POUNDS FROM GOAL!!! Awesome!!! ...are you sure you need a fill LOL.

I was banded April 6, 2009. I started my preop in November 2008 when wife was banded. I lost 45 pounds on the long preop diet and down a total of 117 pounds from my heaviest.

I have lost from a 4x shirt to xlarge. A size 48 waist to a size 38. Seem to be stalled right now, but atleast i'm not gaining and holding my own through the holidays!

WELCOME to the April group Crimson! That's some GREAT WL! You can also join us with Friday Weigh Ins, also under the April '09 forum if you'd like. -BG

Hi Crimson & welcome!

You and I share the same WLS date. Your doing awesome, congratulations! :wink2:

Me too JT! ...and don't think I didn't notice...12 POUNDS FROM GOAL!!! Awesome!!! ...are you sure you need a fill LOL......... -BG

Thanks BG! Yes I think I need a slight fill my meals are getting bigger and I'm getting really bad bedtime hunger. My evening Protein Shake took care of that now it doesn't.

Welcome to our little group CT looks like you are working the band well.

Hey everyone !! It is sooo good to be back ! I have to tell you guys that I have missed this place so much and that you guys are truely my support system!!! I think the last time I was here was back in Oct. and I've only lost 2 pds. but that's o.k. I had some phone and computer problems after we moved into our new addition, but hopefully that is all behind me now and I can focus again on my weightloss!! My DH got me a new treadmill for Christmas and so now even when it is cold and wet outside, I can still do my walking!!! So I am so excited about getting back to buisness!! I'll catch you guys later!!!

Edited by doodlebug11

Glad you're back Doodlebug. Good luck with the treadmill.

I just got a wii fit plus. Love it.

WB db stay intouch.....we miss all of the missing bunnies

Good Morning Gang!!! How are you guys doing? I'm doing o.k., didn't lose anything this wk. but didn't gain either!!! While I was awol, I went to the Dr. 2 times, one for a fill, he put in .3 cc's and the last time , 2 wks ago, he didn't put any in. I have to go back in March. He just won't do any more than .3 at a time. He wants us to relearn how to eat the right foods and not to depend on the band to do what we need to do by our self. I do have some restriction but not much and can eat ANYTHING!! I am trying to work myself up to 4 miles a day on the treadmill so that should help me get things moving faster! Well, you guys have a good wk and I'll be back next wk end!!