Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

I'm on Day 5 (out of 14) of liquid diet. Day 4 was my worst. Today has been fine. The V8 juice has helped a lot. Spent most of the day working in the yard, which has kept my mind off of it. Feeling much more encouraged today. Good luck all!

trisha

:thumbup:

I am on Day 5 of me pre op diet as well And I agree day four was the worst so far, i am not having my surgery till June 11th so I have alot longer way to go with this opti fast diet. I did step on my wii fit today and it said I lost 13 lbs since starting the pre op diet I was so shocked I couldnt believe it it made me really forget about not beong able to eat normally was a good boost that I needed. This weekend is going to be tough Memorial Day Weekend, I am going out to my parent summer house for the whole weekend and they are going to be BBQ drinking and having a good time. I will just have to drink my shakes when everyone else is having a beer and eat chickedn breast when weveryone else is having hAMBURGERGS AND HOT DOGS Ohh well just have to bite the bullet and deal with it, good luck to you

I am SO excited for you guys that have your surgery dates!!

Today was my final dr appt. I only had to lose 13 lbs for them and I lost 17!!! :lol: My goal for myself was to see 255 this morning even if I had to be butt naked. And guess what?! I SAW IT!!! 255.8!!! (BUTT NAKED!! LOL) :party: But I saw it! So for me I've lost 21lbs from my start weight.

I just have to turn in my exercise log next tuesday (my last class of the 12 week required) and then we can turn in my info to Aetna. I hear they respond quickly so I am very excited. I am signed up for my pre-op class on the 8th and tenatively for surgery on the 11th. I can't get too excited until approved BUT.......:mad:

Oh, and just to make ya'll mad at me--I only have to do 1 day of liquids before surgery. :thumbup:

Hey there!

I can finally join a group cuz I got my surgery date today! wahoo! I started this journey last september, started the dr. supervised 6-month diet, met with the surgeon and jumped thru his required stuff within 2 or 3 weeks (pre-op nutrition class and psych eval) and then had 3 more weeks of waiting waiting waiting ---- my dr. office didn't get my complete records faxed over, then I'd find out and call back and it happened again (do you think if it comes up with an ERROR that maybe they should call me?) so ---- I ended up getting pretty down and discouraged about the whole thing. I had to wait 2 more weeks for the surgeon to write the letter. But it was all submitted to my insurance BCBS TX last Friday (May 15). yay! the surgeon office told me it would be at least 15 business days to hear anything and it could be 30 business days. They told me not to contact them until at least June 8th. well ---- that's the message I got out of it anyway. LOL

But - I called today, just to see. my birthday was Wed. May 20th. i'd heard BCBS TX is fast (from these boards) so I chanced it today. They told me on the phone that it was all set for me to schedule the surgery - and they had mailed a letter to me on Wed. may 20th!

I got my birthday present! SO excited today. I am giddy!

So glad to have this support group here. Like ya'll - only a few know.

My surgery is set for Monday June 15th. I can't wait!

I also found out that I don't have to do a liquid pre-op diet! yay! I stop all food and drink at midnight the night before surgery. Yay!

June 4th will be my big day....I am so ready. I only started this journey a little over a month ago. I have worked so hard getting to all the classes and getting all my info together to submit to the insurance. They approved me within 24 hrs!

I am now on a 2 wk liver diet, day 3, and it sucks. I would die for meat right now, but I'm serious about this. I envy those of you who don't have to do a diet. :wink2:

Congrats to all! My one-year "Bandiversary" is coming up June 20, and I have an appointment for a fill on June 19. I had hoped to lose 100 pounds the first year, but I will have to settle for 60! lol! Slowly but surely! Good luck to all of you!

Thanks for your response! I am reassured to know there is someone else with my Dr and experience. I will keep you posted, please do the same :lol:

Best to you!!

Jill

Congratulations PaisleyPea!! And yes, you're lucky you don't have to do pre-op diet. It's no fun, but at the same time it kind of gets me mentally set up for the post-op. For me personally I think it would have been extremely hard to go from eating anything I want to nothing. Now, I would have much preferred a three-day liquid diet instead of two weeks but my doctors have not done as many of these procedures as others, so I don't want to give them any reasons to mess up. :lol::) They've done tons of bypasses but not so many bands.

So good luck. Mine is June 1. So next Monday I will be on the loser's bench

Trisha

Hey Jill did you get my personal message to you?? Click on your name at the top if you didn't. I'm guessing you don't get texts cuz I've text a couple of times with no response. I'm going to Greeley tomorrow to turn in my last bit of info before turning it into Aetna! Wanna do lunch? ?

Hello June 2009 bandsters I just got approved on May 21st and I am scheduled for June 4th with Dr. Terracina in Newports News, Va. I went through 3 months of hoops and drama and I finally have a surgery date. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I work and go to school so I really am not able to make the support meetings but thank God for sites like this that offer support and advice. Well we will be on this journey together so I wish you all the best of luck and please wish me the same.

My journey started back in late October 2008, and now I finally have my surgery date: June 4th. It's odd how having a date has made getting the band feel really real now. I have a 10-day "shrink the liver" pre-op diet--Day One already sucks! But I just keep telling myself that I can do anything for 10 days. I can be such a pessimist, and I keep thinking that someone has to be the statistic--but I sure don't want it to be me! I've never had any kind of surgery before, so the unknown is scary. I'll sure be glad when I wake up post-op--phew! I like the name "June Journeys" because this entire process has already been such a journey, and I see myself taking this one step at a time and one day at a time. Right now...shrink the liver...I can do this.

Got my date of June 17th...hoping to make it through the two week pre op liquid diet..My sister in law is going through it right now, I am taking my strength from her committment right now cause she jumped in both feet and went for it while I have been planning since March...ofcourse, it helps that she works for the bariatric physicians group we are using...Good luck everyone!

I like the name "June Journeys" too!!! Because we are truely going to be on a journey and I hope we can all do it together.

HI all, WOW what a weekend. I started my clear iquids only diet last thursday and Yikes, this was a tough weekend to get through. We went with some of our extended family to a cabin on a lake and Between the bar b que pork steaks and having to smell bacon, and suasage and fried taters every morning i thought i was going to unravel. I am glad the weekend is over. Other than dealing with not eating the weekend was great! Anybody else really struggleing with the Clear Liquids only diet? I did cheat and have a small pc of watermelon, I told myself it's like 90% Water. HOpe everybody had a great weekend.

April