Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

I have plateaued...

Spirit, I was frustrated when I plateaued too, however I remembered how I was losing weight faster on stage 2 (I actually stayed on that stage for a longer time than I needed to) and went to pureed foods, and I broke through that barrier.

I think I will be doing that more frequently so that I can lose weight regularly/gradually. Give that a try, and let me know if it works for you too.

Also, since work is getting frustrating, try boxing, hit the speed bag and heavy bag works great for stress relief.

Best of luck, Ben.

I was LB'ed two months ago. I have dropped from a tight 46 to a comfortable 42. I have added my old jeans and belts to the garage sale pile. My weight comes off more slowly, but at least it's coming off. I will update my ticker when I get my next official weight. I had my first fill this week, it is no big deal. Keep the faith and keep dropping weight. Thanks to everyone who post, the support is great.

Hey Group...Just to keep you guys posted on my progress. Now down to 60.5 lbs. Its all been good! Steady and a bit slow these last few weeks, but good.

Been adding foods slowly but I have to really chew! I'm glad everyone is doing good. Keep it goin!

Coach that is just awesome, keep leading the charge since you inspire me. I am glad you are adjusting to the band so well. Thanks for your update, Greg

:unsure:

Finally, broke my plateau this morning. I have been banging my head because I was a half a pound from breaking 60 pounds the last 2.5 weeks.

Feel good to finally say I have lost over 60 pounds

Hi Guys,

Sorry its been a bit since the last time i was on here. I had my daughter get married last weekend and the days leading up to it was filled with things to do. But i wanted to let you know all is good as of this morning I'm down 58pds. Since March 30th when i had my lap band put on. I really feel good i'm up to 5-6 miles a day walking. and just feel GREAT... Hope the rest of you are doing good.

Greg thanks for checking it on me...

Hey The BigBossMan is back! Good to hear from you. as well as the others. I have been doing really good and feel like I want to just walk up to people and start telling them about the band. I think Gregnlr was feeling the same way a few posts ago. I felt the exact same way as spiritdriven71. It all slowed down but now seems to be picking back up. I am now a full 64 lbs down and in desperate need of a smaller (yes, i'm saying it again SMALLER) belt. I joined the nail to the belt club and I think another hole just makes me a cheap guy. My doc is really impressed and my support group coordinator wants me to be at the next meeting so she can brag about my success. All is good and a lot better is to come. Keep your eye on the prize

OK Coach, give up the belt and go buy a new smaller one, It is time. Glad BigBossMan is back. I walked 5 miles on Saturday and was so pleased with myself. I am having a garage sale next Saturday to sale my fat clothes, it time to move them out of the closet never to return. I will get a new official weight on Thursday, but unofficially I am down 60+pounds. For Memorial Day this year it was not about the food. I went to a party, something I had avoided before. Ate a few bits and was done, today I had to have some BBQ so I went to Corky's got a pound of beef and a rack of ribs and it should do me at least a week. It is so funny, that use to be a meal. I am a different person, a better person as we all are.

Just a quick update. I have 3 fills for 7cc in a 14cc band and I am finaly starting to get usable restriction. I plataued and even put on a coouple of LBs while in band hell but the weight is starting to come off again.

More important is that I am feeling good.

464lb current down from 538. I am only 8lbs away from 100 LBs lost!:smile:

Still have a long way to go but now that I am getting some restriction I know I can do it.

How are the rest of you doing will fills? have you found your sweet spot? I am thinking about getting another .5cc but I am going to wait a couple weeks.

I am not having trouble eating anything, Not bread, not rice or Pasta, not chicken or beef. I would hate to get another .5cc and not be able to eat anything.

Keep your eye on the prize.

Hey guys , a little comment and update.

first i want to say thanks to everyone that post because from time to time i come here to read and get motivated when i fell like im in a rut and its good to know that im not alone in this journey..i know we are all busy but when you have time just drop a line or two because your helping others more than you know.

now for a update.....2 months from surgery and down 54 pounds and 21 inches according to the dr. im feeling great and learning somthing new every day. running out of clothes so i guess i have to go shopping and i hate shopping but i have no idea what size jeans ..so we'll see what happens...anyway thats 74 lbs total. good luck to all and keep working at it i know i am...i'm about 1/2 way there..

Hey Guys !!!!

Well as of today i'm down 65pds. And the cool thing is i can buy pants @ shirts at stores without buying at a Big & Tall store.. I have been walking 5-6 miles a day. I have been feeling GREAT. i lose about 2-3 pounds a week. I'm 25pds away from what i played college and pro football at. and i still haven't had a fill yet..

I can say thins i wish i would of done this years ago. Good to read about the rest of you guys. Keep up the good work...

SkinnyBossMan

NO MORE 2'S IN FRONT OF MY SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to check in to let you know that I am now officially in ONE-derland! I weighed in this morning at 199.5 lbs. I can even remember the last time that happened. I finally went to buy a new belt and it felt great. My wife convinced me to try on some LARGE (NOT XX-L OR EVEN XL) shirts and they look and feel great. The only place I have some loose skin is under my chin where my double chin was. I look at some picture from the beginning of the school year and can't belive I actually looked like that. But, I refuse to look at the past and am only looking towards what is to come.

For those of you in Bandster Hell, Make sure you get your protein! I found that when I don't have my Protein shakes, my body goes into starvation mode and the weight loss slows down. I don't know why but it does.

Keep your eye on the prize! Mine seems to be looking closer and closer. All the best to all.

Awesome job Coach, you continue to lead the pack of "Men of March". I still have a ways to go to reach "One"derland but I am on my way. You made a valid point you have to get your Protein, period. If you don't you won't lose. The other point I would like to make for those reading about your great results is "exercise". This is not have the surgery and be thin. It takes work and dedication. But exercise won't be like it was before, you will want to exercise because you will have so much energy it needs to go somewhere and then you will begin to look forward to it and what else can you do but increase your workouts more and more and the results will occur. No setting on the couch drinking a shake is not exercise. I am walking two miles at lunch and 5 each day on the weekend, I am getting the to-do list done and looking for things to do. I took a ten pound weight to work and now on those long calls I do a routine. I have a exercise band at work and I do a routine with that as well. This from the guy who only exercise was laps around the buffet. If this not so fat old man can do it anyone can.