Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

I am getting frustrated too!I had my 2nd fill 2 weeks ago and couldn't even swallow my own salvia and had to get a un-fill plus some because everything was so irratated so i have to wait a little bit for another fill and now i'm so hungrey!!! The dr said i'm sensitive to fills and he will have to do .5 cc instead of 2cc.

well I am sure glad I am not alone. This is very frustrating for me. I was Banded Jan 30th. I have had 3 fills and still almost no restriction. geez all this time and instead of losing weight right now I am holding. This is depressing me. I am going to go every week until I figure out what the sweet spot is and I don't feel so hungary. Why do they have to do this in such tiny amounts. My Realize band holds 10 cc and 3 fills later I am at 4 1/2 cc. When I get down I am dangerous because then I don't make good food choices. Its just so much time has gone by and I want to be thin yesterday!

it is so hard to remember that this is a slow process, I am very impatient too! I wanted to be skinny years ago! but feeling better every day... I need patience...

Oh my gosh, this sounds like ME!! I also gained 4 lbs. between last Saturday AM, when I weighed in at 219.2,and that Monday monring when I weighed in at 224!! What the HECK(*^@*??? Happy not was I . . .I too fell into a funk, then did the WORST thing I could have done and skipped my support group meeting because I was failing! Dumb dumb dumb. They called me on it - thank God - and turns out that several of them ALSO gained this last week, and they are all RNY! We decided that the earth had shifted and the magnatism was off, and EVERYones scales weighed too high . . LOL. I am back down to 219 now - a full week later - but it feels like my band suddently just fell off! I can eat WAY too much and not feel full - just like before I had it. I had also added the carbs (fruit only) back into my diet early in the week, and I read somewhere that for every gram of glycogyn you also store 3 grams of Water - don't know if that is true of not, but I am going to cut way down on the fruit. Frustrating! I do go in for my 6-week check this Friday, and HOPEfully he will give me a fill. I guess we just gotta stick with it!

Best to all,

Riley

Wait a minute! HOLD the phone!!

I have been eating fruit like crazy. pineapple, oranges, watermelon~ yummy. Fills you up and no fat grams!! What have I done? :w00t:

I have an appt with my surgeon Wednesday. Hoping for my second fill. But he wanted me to lose 4 lbs by the appt. At the time he told me that, I was like "Shyea, no problemo! I got that in the bag!!" Now I am freaking out that I may not have lost the four. I've been four up, four down, 3 up, 1 down, I can't remember where I need to be.

Crap. I need a tylenol!

The scale has me totally spazzing out!! Quick someone slap me!! :eek:

Hugs,

I was banded on 2/28 and can now eat anything I want with no problem, even bread. I am looking forward to a fill as I am gaining weight. I went in for a fill but had a problem with the port, she could not find the port. Looked like I had an infection and have been on antibiotics. Not a happy camper now.:eek:

Today I am really mad and frustrated Grrrrr! I have had 3 fills yes 3 and said when I left last week if I don't feel restiction I will be right back. Well I called because I only feel maybe the tinyiest restriction I am nowhere where I should be only to find out my dr. is on vacation for two weeks and I will be gone the third week so now I get to wait 4 more weeks. I really want to just cry. You know if I was good at dieting I wouldn't have needed this surgery. Now I just feel like my life will be on hold for another month and I can keep struggling not to gain. It won't be easy because when I am down guess what I like to do. If I could do it over I would NEVER have told so many people I had this done. I am so SICK of everyone asking me how are you doing? And I have to keep explaining well I don't really have any restrition yet so I am just doing the best I can. My advice is don't tell everyone like I did because if it takes forever to get your band tight you will be sorry if the weight doesn't fall off. Banded Jan. 30th Lost 18 pounds. still a million to go!

Had my first fill today, when the doctor drew back to see how much was in the band from the surgery, there was nothing! No wonder everything goes down!

So I now have 3ml in a small AP band, back in 2 weeks for some more. I managed to eat fine tonight and drinking is not a problem...

I had my first fill on Thursday...yeah not so fun eh?

She put in 4cc plus what was already there. I feel like I can eat less but I can still have bread and whatever else I want :thumbdown:( I was hoping getting a fill would help with the mental issues a little. What I mean by that is as soon as I realized I could eat what ever I wanted it was harder to convince my head that I didn't really NEED it lol

So I was really good for three days but then of course today is Easter...ug! I really didn't eat anywhere near what I used to eat but still probably more than I should have and not all the right things.

I WILL get back on track tomorrow and so will you! We can do this!! The biggest thing is we can't get discouraged. Start fresh every morning with a great attitude and a healthy Breakfast :blushing:)

On a semi weird and somewhat positive note I have lost what my 4 yr old weighs....so it's like I gave birth all over again. lol Really I think it was easier the first time!

Have a good Monday all!

~A

I had 2.5cc's put in my 10cc band last week and I can eat very little now. This was my first fill, and I actually had to go back because it was too tight. I could get down liquids, but nothing with any substance. It still feels pretty tight, but I am able to eat small quantities, so I am not complaining. I am definitely losing weight now, and I actually hope it doesn't loosen too much.

Hello, that's good you have restriction from your fill. I don't know why different people experience different feeling of fullness with same amout of cc's in a band. Iv'e had three adjustments since my surgery in Feb & I have never felt restriction. I haven't lost any weight since the original 13lbs the first week. Now the doctor wants me to attend a support group at their office & see the psychologist there alos, so maybe it's other things interferring with my weight loss. I'll try his suggestions & see what happens.

I had my first fill Friday, a whole 1cc (I had 2 in at surgery). We (Kaiser) have to wait 6 weeks between fills, so I think you guys are pretty lucky to be getting in there every week or month! I have to go see a nutritionist, too, before my surgeon will give me another fill, and how much they give me will depend in part on what the nutritionist says.

So . . I don't get it. After my surgery in Feb., I was not hungry and could only eat a small amount before I got "stuffed." Nothing ever got stuck; I never knew the band was there, I just wasn't hungry and got full eating 1/4 cup. That went away a month after surgery, I could eat a cup + and not feel full. I figured once I got a fill I would feel full again with very little, and not be hungry . .right?

Wrong. Now I am hungry and it's hard to eat because stuff gets stuck!! It takes forever to get full. I can't eat stuff like salads yet (I am still on "mushies") so what to do? We don't get to have Protein Shakes in my program. This is the hungriest I've been yet, even worse than when I was on liquids! And I have to wait another 6 weeks for a fill . . . . ideas anyone?:(

Thanks Babe for the pep talk. I do track on the Realize band site and I do exercise 6 days a week. I did not have to do a preop diet. I do know I eat much more than I should but my food choices are generally good and I am working on the band rules so maybe the scales are not moving down but there are some behaviors that are taking place. Actually I am pleased I am not gaining and I can maintain. That is a major plus.

I know I probably eat too many CHO but I am hoping with a fill I will feel full before I get to them

Oh, I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who was banded in February and who still doesn't feel any restriction yet. I had 1 fill last week and I don't feel any difference at ALL. (2.5 ccs on top of the 2 cc's or so given at surgery) I haven't lost any weight at all since surgery. I'm getting really frustrated and dejected....I really wanted to see some results, even if they were small.

I go back for my 2nd fill next week. Maybe I will see a difference then? I'm worried that maybe my band slipped or something? I am probably just paranoid, but I just want to see some results.

Hello everyone,

Had my fill appointment today. I was worried about how much weight I lost, I didn't think I came down at all. Well, I actually lost 8lbs. I told my self that on this visit I wanted to be under 200lbs. I am now 198lbs and loving it.:mellow:

Now about the fill. It was really uncomfortable, not really a pain thing, just the thought of what was going on was the issue for me. I had a 3cc fill today and I really feel the difference. I felt the difference when the Fluid was going in and really can tell now that I had some broth. I am now comfortable, not full, with 1/2 cup of broth. Now I am hoping to loose about 8 to 10 pounds before my next visit.:(:thumbup::o

Thanks for all the advise, it really helped me.