Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

I was banded on 02/25/09 and feel great. The first few days the gas was driving me nuts but after that no problems. I just finished my 2 week post-op, pureed foods and ready to start some smaller soft foods. I have my first fill on April 1st. Since 02/11/09, I'm down 28 pounds.

H snowwhytequeen, I was banded Feb 13th ans went to mushies 5 days after that & solid food week 3. The nutritionist gave me a meal plan saying it was ok for that, you should be able to eat solid food by now I would think. Have you asked your doctor? I still eat some pureed food like boiled veggies but I do eat chicken breast and salmon fillets with no issues so far. I had my first fill yesterday so i had a liquid diet yesterday but, solid food today, no problems. Good luck to you, Kim

Thanks for the poem, Lapbandgirl! I shared it with my support group, and it's PERFECT :thumbup:

I actually gain a few lbs. sob sob I do great in the morning and at lunch, but I am eating way too much at night, I get my first fill on Monday. i hope it helps..It is so amazing to me how different all our doctors and diets are.

ing

Edited by yayatrudy
add ticker

Hey Ale78

That's funny that you are thinking of telling you Mom that you are having hernia surgery because I was banded on 2/24 and that is the story I gave my adult children. Worked for me- and I did have a hernia repair.

Kitty

Me too. I had a hiatel hernia which had to be repaired. Although I am banded on the 28th I am already eating soft foods and a few regular foods..I went to the surgeon regarding my incisions and the NP told me I could start mushies. I eat very soft but don't puree. Doing ok but pain in the port. Don't weigh because have just learned I also have a thyroid problem. Will go to regular foods fully on thursday

Hello everyone

I was banded on 2-24-09. Everything is fine and I am looking forward to my first fill on 4-13, I really need it.

I was banded on 2/12 and got my second fill yesterday. I ate a much smaller amount tonight and feel full, i hope this one is the right one. I am still having trouble with my port flipping over. If it flip again they will go back in and resew it down. This does not exicite me. I am not as tired as I was but until this second fill did not feel full for very long I am hoping I can really start to lose weight now. I have lost 25 lbs but only 10 since surgery. But I am not losing faith in the band I am just ready to eat less without the hunger.

I am getting to the point I forgot I had surgery! I am not able to have a fill for 90 days and I have NO restriction. I have not gained but I have not lost either. I am starting to slip to old eating habits because there is nothing reminding me I ate enough. I think the insurance companies that have that rule need to rethink it. I am losing my motivation. I am afaid that when I finally get a fill I will be in shock!!

Howdy gang.

Okay, so I am having "issues." Last week when I weighed in, I had gained like four pounds. I don't know what the heck happened, but it threw me for a loop. I got completely depressed. I felt like a COMPLETE failure! So, of course, I forgot everything I have learned in the past months and stopped doing everything that has been working for me. I started skipping meals to lose the weight quickly, stopped exercising, and just fell into a funk.

I stepped on the scale today, and I have lost the four pounds, but I still feel like I have failed. I know there are factors that have contributed to my weight "gain." For instance, I've been out of my thyroid meds for a week, and can't get in touch w/ my doc. (Her office is closed until Monday) My CPAP mask broke, and I haven't been able to use it for two weeks, so I am exhausted and an emotional wreck. (I can't get a new mask until Friday) I know in my head, these things probably helped stall my weight loss, but I'm still depressed and out of sorts. Since surgery I have felt so good and so positive. But all of a sudden, I feel like the fattest girl in the room again, and I don't want to leave the house.

Sorry to vent. I didn't want to get into this with my family, so I thought this would be a good place to find others who understood where I am coming from.

Hugs,

peachwood, i'm curious why you're not able to get a fill for 90 days. is this doc's orders or is it something else? i was told to go for my first fill 6-8 weeks post op.

oooh... i just read the part about it being an insurance company rule... omg, that is ridiculous!!! what are they hoping to achieve?

ok, so solution time: pretend you're on your pre-op diet all over again (not some crazy all Protein Drink thing, but a lower carb, portion controlled eating style). also, use a food tracker like fitday.com or dailyplate.com or one of other million sites mentioned on the boards. reward yourself everyday for sticking to your plan by adding 25cents or a dollar to a jar. at the end of the month, use that money to buy yourself something nice (not food), maybe a clothing item, or an fancy body lotion or something indulgent like that.

above all, just be patient and compassionate with yourself. it's ok to stumble a bit. your fill will happen before you know it.

ok you want to be really depressed i have had 2 fills and can still eat like there is no tomorrow..... Yesterday was my worst ever ,today was better....I know it will get better but yuck.

looking forward to my first fill on Tuesday, I need it...