Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

Banded on Feb. 16. I feel great. I will say however that I am hungry. I have two weeks of full liquids, then can start mushies. I was told the reason not to cheat is because your stomach needs to digest non-liquid foods which can cause the band to slip. I had an easy time, but I do not want to do it again. I can eat cream of wheat. I don't have trouble getting it down, but I make myself only the few ounces that I am allowed to have. I keep thinking that at 5 weeks I won't have a fill and I will be healed. I am going to have a few bites of Mexican food. I don't think that we can deprive ourselves of a normal diet. We just need to be careful not to over do it.

Hello everyone, and Hedostar, I went to the Dr. yesterday and everything was great! Now have permission for puree for 1 week and then food, also have my first fill set for March 3rd. I talked to the nurse and she confirmed that the reason for the protocall is to learn to eat right and slow so when we have the fill we are used to doing it right. In fact I could have had my first fill in a week if there would have been openings. I am just releaved all is well. Some of my puree is being done by me chewing real well, like my fluffy egg and cottage cheese I made. I am so happy to be feeling great and loseing weight. 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I think for me that is really good.

Hey all and you 2 EVA..went to the dr today and i am the poster girl as they did my surgery with 3 small cuts. one on the top that is so tiny and two inside thge belly button. they put my port very close to the belly button. they took pictures and everything, but the scaring is great. i was the first one to be done this way...how fantanstic. all seems to be well, except that i have NOT been given the ok for soft foods by the doc because they r more interested in maximizing my weight loss and i am not:cursing:..lol. of course i want to lose wieght but i am hungry. my nutrionist says i can start soft foods wednesday asnd i will do it. i feel okay and just wish i could progress as fast as everyone else, but no can do....good luck everyne. eva congrats.

Hello Everyone! I was banded on Fri the 20th so I am only 2 days post op but doing fairly well so far. I do have considerable pain at the port site but it is only when I stand up, it feels like it pulls on me so I've been using a pillow for support and that seems to help. I was told to be on Clear Liquids for 48 hours and then on to full liquids for two weeks so I had my first Protein shake this morning. I believe the Protein will help to keep the hungries away until the first fill.... that's my hope anyway!

So far... so good....;)

Hi All,

I am scheduled for my surgery on February 27. I am very excited and a bit nervous. This is day 9 of my liquid Protein diet to "shrink the liver." Yesterday, I had a little stumbling block -- I was just so sick of all the sweetness from the Protein shakes, yogurt and sugar-free Jello so I ate fat-free cottage cheese and some cheddar cheese. I knew I shouldn't but I needed something that was not so sweet. I am feeling guilty today -- I hope that I didn't totally screw myself up. Any advice? ;)

Thanks!

Try some other ways to get Protein that aren't so sweet... try blending some chicken noodle Soup or some vegetable beef Soup and heating that up.

Don't beat yourself up. Every doctor is different. My doctor did not require a liquid Protein diet for the two weeks before surgery, he only required a low carb diet. I went in the middle and only had Protein drinks during Breakfast and lunch and ate low carb for supper and I was fine. In the end; remember this:

Do the best you possibly can to adhere to what he wants. This is a lifestyle change and you are teaching your body to be happy with other forms of nutrition. Best of luck to you!

One of the protien powders out there has a chicken noodle Soup flavor...seems wrong lol but might be good. I think it might be Unjury...anyone try it?I too have had a little trouble sticking to all liquid. I have a couple of bites of low-fat cottage cheese and a few carrots and some strawberries. I find it harder when I don't keep on top of my protien shakes.Broth has helped too. At dinner time when the house smells of savory food, I make a cup of broth to sip.Also extracts have been key for me. I freeze my slimfast and then melt it a little and stick it in the blender. So right now I am having strawberry with Rum extract...oh yummy. It's thick and rich and feels naughty! chocolate and Rasberry are really good too.I am dreading tomorrow because I am on all clear liquids the day before surgery. I am going to be crabby for sure! I wonder if those protien bullets count as clear? Anyone know? Maybe I will call and ask because protien really helps for that not-hungry feeling.Good Luck!~A

Hi all - My surgery was on the 18th... on liquids for 4 weeks :-(

Banded in Bombay India

Unjury does have a chicken Soup. I haven't tried it, but I have the unflavored and the chocolate. I like both of them. The chocolate can be used for make believe chocolate milk. It really does taste good. The unflavored goes well in crystal light. It makes it a little different, but not much. I was told that clear liquid protien means to mix with Water or crystal light. No milk. I think that your liver will be fine. I was on a low carb. high protien two weeks before surgery. Even the night before I had two beef patties with no bun for supper. Dr. said my liver looked great. I didn't cheat, but kept with the diet.

I had my surgery on the 16th. I have also lost around 21 pounds so far. I lost 11 pounds on the low carb. pre-op and 10 pounds since the 16th. It's been one week to the day. I am feeling much better today. Port is a little sore, but I am not reminded of it everytime I move.

I was banded on February 20 in Vermont and so far, everything is going pretty well. My only big complaint is the gas- my digestive system is rumbling so loudly it sounds like a war is going on in there! I just tried a couple of Gas X strips but no relief yet. I have to be careful when I "lift a cheek" as there is often liquid behind the gas (sorry for if this is TMI!). Any suggestions on for getting the rumbly gas under control? :)

I had my surgery on the 16th. I have also lost around 21 pounds so far. I lost 11 pounds on the low carb. pre-op and 10 pounds since the 16th. It's been one week to the day. I am feeling much better today. Port is a little sore, but I am not reminded of it everytime I move.

Wow Teach! i was banded on the 16th too, but i've only lost 3lbs so far. i guess the liquid diet works differently on each bander. way to go!

I was banded on the 20th and have lost 9 lbs so far. My port is still very sensitive; I generally hold onto it and give it some support whenever I walk or get up and down but otherwise, it doesn't bother me. I can tell you that SNEEZING HURTS!! :w00t:

I was on liquid meals for Breakfast and lunch with a regular dinner for 10 days before surgery and nothing but liquids since then.

Thanks Babe, I was lucky that I didn't hold too much gas and liquids. You will probably lose more than three pounds. It might be taking your body a little longer to get rid of all that was put in it. I don't think that I will continue at that rate.